Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

When I saw the video title, I was mixed up in so far as I don't have a TV , didn't realise that you were referring to a programme, and thought that the reference was to the Relationships, Sex and Health Education  that will be a curriculum requirement in many English schools from this September. (I've reasons for being very interested in the RSH curriculum.) I stayed to watch, though, and very much appreciated the use of cards showing the timing of iffy sections.  

Interestingly, as far as I can tell, asexuality does not seem to be a topic for discussion in the new statutory curriculum. (Topics are embedded I think. It's not full on hit  students with stuff.) I suppose it will come down to whether individual teachers - and students - know about asexuality. As you say in the video, the TV programme is probably geared towards people who are sexual, so, hopefully, the word will get out.

Oh haha, I see your confusion! I maybe could've made the title a tad more clear 😅

• 2 weeks later...

Today's video is an audience recommended one. A reaction to a popular YouTuber's video about asexuality:

Spoiler

Let me know if there's any videos you want to see me do 😆

21 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Today's video is an audience recommended one. A reaction to a popular YouTuber's video about asexuality...

Thanks, for your review; I also was a bit concerned about the beginning of the Youtuber's video. I'd guess that the misconceptions at the beginning were there as some sort of click-bait.

Yeah, seemed like it. Or maybe to draw acephobes in by promising something dramatic? 

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony does that a lot actually - he did it for living memes, witches and all the other people he interviewed, including former Kidz Bop stars and autistic people. You should check him out on the series, because it's amazing what he does as an interviewer. He sheds light on groups of people that are heavily judged in society. At the end, he's like, "These are just normal people!" And it warms my heart.

The long-awaited return (by me 😅) of Myths of Ace is here! Let me know what you think:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. It's me. I have Adele stuck in my head because I was listening to a cover 🎶

In other news, new video!

For LGBT+ history month, I researched the history of the ace community. 'Twas fun, when I wasn't suffocating from my blocked nose 😅

Spoiler

Hope you enjoy 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Slice of Ace

I did a litte poll on my Twitter to decide what video I should release this week, and the result is this wonderful asexual short film.

Trigger warning, there is a sex scene which I reacted all too childishly to 😅

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I did a litte poll on my Twitter to decide what video I should release this week, and the result is this wonderful asexual short film.

Trigger warning, there is a sex scene which I reacted all too childishly to 😅

Reveal hidden contents

My reaction was the same 😂btw I love your channel!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Slice of Ace

Here be a new video! I cover the research I did into aro and ace-spec history... I couldn't find much, sorry 😅

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

This will be a double-video weekend, I guess!

I just reached 1,000 subscribers and here is my celebratory video:

Thank you all for your support 😊 It means so much to me

• 2 weeks later...
Slice of Ace

Today's video is a rehash of an old one, but I thought it deserved a new coat of metaphorical paint:

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

Y'know what's a bad idea? Coming out to your entire office via cake and an email 😅

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Y'know what's a bad idea? Coming out to your entire office via cake and an email 😅

Hide contents

YT's algorithm suggested this to me last night. I had 3 emotions in quick succession watching it:

1) 😍Yaaaay - Feeling happy for you (before clicking on clip);

2) 😬The internal version of hyperventilating (when you started talking about emails) - so tense(!);

3) 😂 (At your colleague's whispery question). 

In only emoji's, that would be - 💜🎂😍...📧😬😬😬...👬🤫😂.

My brain was so confused- simultaneously happy for you and yet so incredibly uncomfortable! 😅 Have you had much feedback from colleagues since? 

Celyn: The Lutening

3x4xx6.jpg

Slice of Ace
13 hours ago, Eutierria said:

My brain was so confused- simultaneously happy for you and yet so incredibly uncomfortable! 😅 Have you had much feedback from colleagues since? 

Haha, it was incredibly uncomfortable at the time. No feedback though. It's almost as if it didn't happen 😅

Wow! That was brave of you, to come out at work! That's good that your workplace seems to be an okay, safe place to come out.

Congrats!

On 9/21/2018 at 8:41 AM, Slice of Ace said:

Hello! 

I'm a homoromantic asexual (gay ace), and when I was coming to terms with my identity, I found it was really comforting to see others like me on YouTube... well, others like half of me. The gay half that is 😂 People talking about themselves, being gay, and their experiences was incredibly validating for me personally 😊

Now, there are ace YouTubers out there, but not many. And, as far as I know, not any that exclusively create gay ace content. Correct me if I'm mistaken 😝

So, I've been considering starting a channel to do just that. I'm thinking of splitting content between asexual education/visibility, gay ace education/visibility, sex and relationships (ace-allo and ace-ace), and my opinions on a bunch of gay/ace topics.

So that's my game plan 😕 What do you think? Is it a good/bad idea? Something you'd be interested in? Any suggestions?

Honestly, I'd just like to give back to the community, and it would be worth it if I even helped a single person understand asexuality or themselves 😊 My plan is to have my first video out during asexual awareness week, though if I'm too busy I'll postpone it 😝

PS - sorry for the mammoth of a post 😂

I think it's a great idea.  Can't wait to see your first video. I back you and support you. You're not alone, and I'd like to think I'm not either 😊

On 1/31/2020 at 11:46 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Today's video is an audience recommended one. A reaction to a popular YouTuber's video about asexuality:

Hide contents

Let me know if there's any videos you want to see me do 😆

I also appreciate when it's realized that just because a person is not sexual  doesn't mean they can't have a big heart and care deeply for others.

We can and do and we laugh and can love very much in a general sense. 

I'm happy for those who are truly happy because they are sexually active. I just don't find interest in watching a sex scene on TV or in the movies. 

Slice of Ace
On 4/21/2020 at 1:39 AM, Ariana 358 said:

I think it's a great idea.  Can't wait to see your first video. I back you and support you. You're not alone, and I'd like to think I'm not either 😊

Thanks! As you've seen, I've made a few videos since that first post. I hope you're enjoying them 😊

Slice of Ace

I'm gonna be in a livestream fundraiser with a bunch of big-shot activists and creators from the ace and aro communities:

Spoiler

Come watch if you're free :) 

22 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm gonna be in a livestream fundraiser with a bunch of big-shot activists and creators from the ace and aro communities...

Oh; cool! Thanks, for the early announcement.

:) I hope you don't mind that I made a status update about it, in case some aces/aros don't know about or follow your thread/YouTube channel. I thought it might help spread the word, a little more.

Slice of Ace
On 4/23/2020 at 8:07 PM, LeChat said:

I hope you don't mind that I made a status update about it, in case some aces/aros don't know about or follow your thread/YouTube channel. I thought it might help spread the word, a little more.

Thank you for spreading the word! 😊 The more people who know about it, the better

Also, new video, inspired by the question "Are LDRs easier for aces?" Warning: it's a bit rambly 😅

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

I know last video was rambly, but this one takes the cake (pun slightly intended 😅) I just did a mind splurge of relationships and sex in media:

Spoiler

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a tour of my Animal Crossing island:

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

Myths of Ace episode 4 is up, covering the misconceptions:

- Aces can't have children

- Aces can reproduce asexually

- Aces and aros feel no emotions

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

I think I'm going to stop regularly posting new videos here, unless anyone has any objections. I'll still keep an eye on the thread because it's a nice place to discuss the channel and videos 😊

Archived