Jump to content
Slice of Ace

Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Recommended Posts

InquisitivePhilosopher

@Ringmaster04 Hello, new member! :cake:

 

Welcome to the Slice of Ace and AVEN fanclub. :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack

@Ringmaster04 Welcome to AVEN! ☺

Cr%C3%AApe_opened_up.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace

@Ringmaster04, welcome to AVEN! 🍰

 

Thank you so much. I'm really glad I could help in some small way 😊 

Got any questions for my Q&A? 😅 

 

Sorry I've not been to chatty recently, guys. I've been super busy, as I've probably drilled on about enough times already.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace All good. Looking forward to seeing more tips and advace from the Fergster and your good self in video form sometime in the not-too-distant future. 😊

 

Also, moo. 🐂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04
7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

@Ringmaster04, welcome to AVEN! 🍰

 

Thank you so much. I'm really glad I could help in some small way 😊 

Got any questions for my Q&A? 😅 

 

Sorry I've not been to chatty recently, guys. I've been super busy, as I've probably drilled on about enough times already.

 

i don't think you should feel like you have to apologize for having a life and things to do outside of this 🙂

 

I do have a couple questions for your Q&A:

 

You did a whole video on the importance of friends and I couldn't agree with you more, but how have your interactions and relationships with your friends changed since coming out and do you see a lot of opportunity for developing new close friendships in the ace community?

 

What are your long-term plans for your channel and ace awareness work? I know how hard it is to put yourself out there in front of an audience, but you do it quite well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, Ringmaster04 said:

i don't think you should feel like you have to apologize for having a life and things to do outside of thi🙂

I'm very British, so I apologise for everything 😅 Seriously, someone dropped their suitcase on my foot at the airport and I said sorry 😂

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack
7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm very British, so I apologise for everything 😅 

I'm exactly the same way. I mean, anytime someone isn't paying attention and nearly walks into me, 9 times out of 10 I say "Ooh, sorry." before they do. It must be an Aussie thing too, although I am half-Scottish and a quarter-English, so genetically-speaking I'm mostly British anyway. 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04
On 7/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, Slice of Ace said:

I'm very British, so I apologise for everything 😅 

23 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I'm exactly the same way. I mean, anytime someone isn't paying attention and nearly walks into me, 9 times out of 10 I say "Ooh, sorry." before they do. It must be an Aussie thing too, although I am half-Scottish and a quarter-English, so genetically-speaking I'm mostly British anyway. 😉

This works well, because I am American, which I think means I'm supposed to demand you apologize for everything. 🤣

 

Though we in the US probably have a decent bit to apologize for. 🤔

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace

HADOKEN! 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace

Also, why is getting a haircut more complicated than differential calculus? I'm 22 and I still don't know what to ask for! 😅

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celyn
53 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Also, why is getting a haircut more complicated than differential calculus? I'm 22 and I still don't know what to ask for! 😅

I can't do calculus but I know to show them a picture of yourself with a haircut you like and ask them to recreate it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MercyIsVictory
10 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

HADOKEN! 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

.....W-what?

 

7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Also, why is getting a haircut more complicated than differential calculus? I'm 22 and I still don't know what to ask for! 😅

You don't need a haircut; it looks great!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack
15 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

HADOKEN! 

  Hide contents

 

 

Me: Ooh, a new video! M-May I watch it, please? 🙂

 

@Slice of Ace: SHORYUKEN!

 

Me: Yay! If only my jaw wasn't broken...ow. 😓

 

5 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

.....W-what?

@MercyIsVictory It's a reference to one of Ryu's (Street Fighter franchise) signature techniques. (Ken merely "borrowed" it. 🙃)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04
On 7/13/2019 at 4:15 AM, Slice of Ace said:

Also, why is getting a haircut more complicated than differential calculus? I'm 22 and I still don't know what to ask for! 😅

Maybe ask the barber for their opinion? They've seen every kind of hair style and should have a good idea of what would look good on you. When it's done, if you like it, just ask them what it's called and then you know what to ask for. If you don't like it...okay well I guess that's the risk (I did it once and got lucky) 😎

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace

I love how everyone's giving me haircut advice now 😅

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Celyn said:

I can't do calculus but I know to show them a picture of yourself with a haircut you like and ask them to recreate it.

That would require me to have a picture of myself, and a good one at that.

23 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

You don't need a haircut; it looks great!

Thanks, but it's too late. The deed is done

1 hour ago, Ringmaster04 said:

Maybe ask the barber for their opinion? They've seen every kind of hair style and should have a good idea of what would look good on you. When it's done, if you like it, just ask them what it's called and then you know what to ask for. If you don't like it...okay well I guess that's the risk (I did it once and got lucky) 😎

Eek, I'm not brave enough to try that. What if they shaved off the sides? Or didn't make it short enough? Or gave me a quiff? *shudder* 

 

For everyone's information, I stuck to my usual order of "2 on the sides, cut short with scissors on top" 😂 You'll see the result next week 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack
7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Eek, I'm not brave enough to try that. What if they shaved off the sides? Or didn't make it short enough? Or gave me a quiff? *shudder* 

(Touches head, then imagines going to the hairdresser and leaving with a fauxhawk)

 

Welp, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. 😒

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04
On 7/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, Slice of Ace said:

For everyone's information, I stuck to my usual order of "2 on the sides, cut short with scissors on top" 😂 You'll see the result next week 

*Checks calendar...Tuesday, dammit 4 more days until the big reveal 🧐

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack

@Ringmaster04 You haz kitty shirt! 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04

I had to show it off as soon as it arrived!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher
9 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Ringmaster04 You haz kitty shirt! 😀

:) I noticed it, too. I've seen a pic of someone wearing the exact shirt, before, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure it was another asexual or LGBT+ person.

 

I've only just noticed the real cat, in the background. There are a lot of cat people, here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace

I maaaay have released the video early for no reason... 

Spoiler

 

Just a short one about sexual words and stuff. 

 

Also, I bought a fancy camera that was a couple hundred pounds off on Prime Day, so next week's video won't be such awful quality hopefully!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher

:lol: Oh! You mentioned changing your accent for the video!

 

Before I got to that point in the video, I thought I heard your accent change a few times, and I started to wonder whether your accent was changing a little, unintentionally, due to your recent move to Scotland. :)

 

I remember when I started watching a lot of British T.V. shows and movies, sometimes, my words would come out in a (London) British accent.

 

I sort of understand what you and others mean by thinking of others as "cute," or knowing that others would consider them "attractive," but I don't really, personally, think of others that way, often (as, I guess, I might be aromantic).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ringmaster04

At first I didn't pick up any accent, which means you sounded close enough to east coast U.S. to me. It amazes me when I watch a show with a British actor with a perfect U.S. accent and then see him in an interview and suddenly he's British. Hugh Laurie particularly comes to mind.

 

I notice I tend to use "attractive" when I'm being descriptive about someone in general. So in conversation I will recognize both men and women as "attractive". When my straight friend asks if I find a female appealing, I use "attractive". Rarely will I use the gender norms of "handsome" and "pretty" but both of those represent more general descriptors to me. But when I'm personally attracted to a guy, I will use "cute". And I do a pretty good job of avoiding the word "cute" in any other context. With kids and pets, I commonly use "adorable", in lieu of "cute" specifically because I've essentially adopted only one meaning for the word "cute". Just writing that I realize how complex all of this really is.

 

Okay now I'm rambling. Very good topic!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace
13 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Before I got to that point in the video, I thought I heard your accent change a few times, and I started to wonder whether your accent was changing a little, unintentionally, due to your recent move to Scotland. :)

Yeah, it's hard to maintain an American accent for 10 minutes straight so I kept slipping back into British 😅

 

4 hours ago, Ringmaster04 said:

Okay now I'm rambling. Very good topic!

I mean, 90% of my channel is rambling 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celyn
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Yeah, it's hard to maintain an American accent for 10 minutes straight so I kept slipping back into British

You sounded like someone born in the US but had lived in England for many years, or vice versa. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace Wait a minute...was this video a sneaky collaboration with that heterosexual guest, David? 😃

 

(And you thought no-one would notice. 😁)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher
3 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Slice of Ace Wait a minute...was this video a sneaky collaboration with that heterosexual guest, David? 😃

 

(And you thought no-one would notice. 😁)

Oh, yeah! I remember "heterosexual David." ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3Xi3X

@Slice of Ace I just checked out the first video you posted. I have a lot of catching up to do. But it seems very interesting to me. You speak very well. (Besides the fact that I love the accent.) It makes me miss all my UK friends ahhh. And yeah, very well done so far!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slice of Ace
5 hours ago, 3Xi3X said:

@Slice of Ace I just checked out the first video you posted. I have a lot of catching up to do. But it seems very interesting to me. You speak very well. (Besides the fact that I love the accent.) It makes me miss all my UK friends ahhh. And yeah, very well done so far!

Thanks! But the first video is awful, I imagine 😅 

 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:28 AM, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Slice of Ace Wait a minute...was this video a sneaky collaboration with that heterosexual guest, David? 😃

 

(And you thought no-one would notice. 😁)

I did think no one would notice, actually 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3Xi3X

Hey no, I think it’s good. Really!! You seem like very cool person and you speak well. I thought everything was accurate and I can relate.

 

i also just saw the video with guest speaker David. Was great!! Those straight guys don’t understand. 🤣🤣

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...