Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

Slice of Ace
3 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Out of curiosity, what would you have talked about/done during the livestream?

Oh, I'm still planning on doing it regardless because I don't like going back on my word. Honestly, I have no idea. I'd be open to suggestions. And there'd be live chat so viewers could essentially talk to me.

MercyIsVictory

Ah, so you'll still do a livestream this weekend? What day and what time? 

Slice of Ace
3 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Ah, so you'll still do a livestream this weekend? What day and what time? 

I'll let you all know tomorrow. I just Tweeted about it again just in case. Looks like Friday between 17:00-19:00 at the moment. I'll set an exact time some point tomorrow, and probably do it for 30 minutes to an hour.

Slice of Ace

Anyway, now I'm going to do my nightly ritual of turning off all my electronic devices, so I'll talk to you all later.

Sorry about the mess this week 😕

GeekyGamerZack

Whoa, whoa, whoa...there's a poll? 😲

Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...there's a poll? 😲

I linked it on the last page and in two tweets 😅

GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I linked it on the last page and in two tweets 😅

Oh...you'd think I would've noticed. 😅

Slice of Ace

Aaand the winner is 19:00 on Friday which is good because I can sort myself some tea out beforehand. It will be on the channel afterward, so don't worry if you can't make it. Plus, you're essentially getting two videos this week 🙃 Link here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZ-bXSWjWk

MercyIsVictory

Yay! I'll...try to come up with some things for you to talk about, then? :P 

6 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Yay! I'll...try to come up with some things for you to talk about, then? :P 

I've thought of some, such as "How's your new place and job?" and "Do you like it?"

MercyIsVictory
2 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I've thought of some, such as "How's your new place and job?" and "Do you like it?"

I second that!

Slice of Ace
19 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Thanks! I'll answer those on Friday. It feels really rude not to answer a direct question straight away 😅

1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Thanks! I'll answer those on Friday. It feels really rude not to answer a direct question straight away 😅

:) Oh, good: you're okay with the questions. I was kind of worried you might consider them too personal.

I don't mind waiting; it's okay. I have plenty of other things to do, to keep busy.

MercyIsVictory

I might be wrong, but I don't think chats are retained after a livestream....

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, MercyIsVictory said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think chats are retained after a livestream....

That's correct, unfortunately. 🙁

Slice of Ace

But I've watched finished live streams where the comments pop up still 😕

Anyway, new video:

Spoiler

If you all want to hear me blabber some more 

Slice of Ace
2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

But I've watched finished live streams where the comments pop up still 😕

Never mind, they're there now. The video should hopefully make more sense and not just seem like half a conversation now 

Guest Member142243

Hi @Slice of Ace, I just joined the site today and this thread and your YouTube channel were recommended to me as somebody who is a homoromantic asexual who is trying to learn more about himself (I only recently realised at 25 that I am asexual), and I just wanted to say your videos are great! Well thought out and delivered and very interesting!

2 down, I'm currently watching Countering Misconceptions About Asexuals - great delivery again. Thanks so much for these, I have the whole evening and night free to learn more, so I reckon I'll be watching plenty more of your videos, too! :D

Slice of Ace

Thanks, @Spacecakes! That really means a lot. 

Eek, you've gone from the start though? I daren't watch those videos; I imagine they're awful 😅 Anyway,I hope they help! In particular, there's a couple of homoromantic asexual specific videos in my LGBT+ playlist.

But I probably won't be around much at the moment because I'm quite busy, so I may take a while to respond to things.

Guest Member142243

@Slice of Ace it's great someone's out there posting this content! I did watch a couple of early ones, my YouTube app muddles things so I'm not sure which are newer but they're great regardless. I'll be sure to check those playlisted videos out :D

GeekyGamerZack
4 hours ago, Spacecakes said:

I reckon I'll be watching plenty more of your videos, too! :D

@Slice of Ace Woo! Another fan! 😆

Slice of Ace
2 hours ago, Nikoral said:

Maybe something like a poster behind the sofa, or a throw  on it etc. etc.

Yeah, I really need to sort out my background at some point. I'll have to pick up a poster or an ace flag and some blu tack.

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Yeah, I really need to sort out my background at some point. I'll have to pick up a poster or an ace flag and some blu tack.

Or perhaps a huge Ace of [insert suit] card? I would've thought Ace of Hearts, but some aces may take offence. Then again, I'm sure Ace of Clubs would be just as offensive. I'll just shut up before I dig myself deeper and mention Ace of Spades...oops. 😅

MercyIsVictory
6 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Or perhaps a huge Ace of [insert suit] card? I would've thought Ace of Hearts, but some aces may take offence. Then again, I'm sure Ace of Clubs would be just as offensive. I'll just shut up before I dig myself deeper and mention Ace of Spades...oops. 😅

I mean, Ace of Hearts *is* the symbol for alloromantic aces, is it not? I'd say it'd be quite appropriate! :P 

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, MercyIsVictory said:

I mean, Ace of Hearts *is* the symbol for alloromantic aces, is it not?

I wasn't aware of that... 🤔

MercyIsVictory
11 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I wasn't aware of that... 🤔

Yeah! :) From what I understand, an Ace of Hearts symbolizes alloromantic aces, Ace of Spades is for aromantic aces, Ace of Diamonds is for demiromantic aces, and Ace of Clubs is for questioning aces.

Slice of Ace
59 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Yeah! :) From what I understand, an Ace of Hearts symbolizes alloromantic aces, Ace of Spades is for aromantic aces, Ace of Diamonds is for demiromantic aces, and Ace of Clubs is for questioning aces.

The latter two's meanings are debated, but otherwise that's right! 

GeekyGamerZack
5 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

4 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

The latter two's meanings are debated, but otherwise that's right! 

Huh...well, I guess it's true: you really DO learn something new every day! 😁

(And I clearly know next-to-nothing about asexuality, it seems...)

Archived