Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

MercyIsVictory

You'll never be bored on a train if you have a good book! :P And if they ever come out with any good horror games for the Switch, I'll consider getting one. Anyway, I digress. Even if it's just "filler," it was still a good video! Hopefully you'll be able to find time in your new schedule so that you won't have to miss a week!

Slice of Ace
14 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

You'll never be bored on a train if you have a good book! :P And if they ever come out with any good horror games for the Switch, I'll consider getting one. Anyway, I digress. Even if it's just "filler," it was still a good video! Hopefully you'll be able to find time in your new schedule so that you won't have to miss a week!

I bought a book to read, but I can't concentrate because I'm used to reading in silence 😭

GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Yaaaawn, I forgot to bring my Switch on a four-hour train ride, so here's an early video to occupy myself 😂

Hide contents

*GASP* Breaking your commitment to post every Saturday?! This is unprecedented! Unimaginable! It's...it's...freakin' AMAZING! 😆

(watches)

12 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I bought a book to read, but I can't concentrate because I'm used to reading in silence 😭

:) Would listening to an audiobook work for you, instead?

Slice of Ace
3 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) Would listening to an audiobook work for you, instead?

Sure, but it's not something I could pick up when I forget to bring something to entertain me 😕 Hell, listening to music while reading would probably be fine, but I digress

Your latest video asked about recommendations for gay or ace Youtubers. I don't know if you've already heard of Macdoesit, but he's a popular, (American) gay Youtuber who mostly makes satirical videos (a big favorite for many fans--LGBT+ and straight--are his reaction videos to anti-gay videos).

Although he's sexual, he's also mentioned throughout his videos, throughout the years, about his personal struggle with feeling depressed, talking about his weight, especially when he didn't have a boyfriend or broke up with one. He's just found a new boyfriend.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention his channel, in case you might be interested.

GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace I could recommend one openly-gay YouTuber, but his content is entirely Pokémon-related, so I'm not sure if it counts. 😅

Slice of Ace
11 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Your latest video asked about recommendations for gay or ace Youtubers. I don't know if you've already heard of Macdoesit, but he's a popular, (American) gay Youtuber who mostly makes satirical videos (a big favorite for many fans--LGBT+ and straight--are his reaction videos to anti-gay videos).

Thanks for the suggestion! I have watched a couple of his videos, but it's not my thing, personally. He's a tad too, I don't know, silly? Not in a bad way, just not the kind of thing I would look for in a gay YouTuber.

3 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Slice of Ace I could recommend one openly-gay YouTuber, but his content is entirely Pokémon-related, so I'm not sure if it counts. 😅

Gay YouTubers, not YouTubers who are gay 😜 Subtle difference. 

Besides, the recommendations were for the viewers to share amongst themselves. I have plenty of gay stuff to satisfy me 😂

GeekyGamerZack
51 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Gay YouTubers, not YouTubers who are gay 😜 Subtle difference. 

You mean like how I'm a writer who is gay ace? 🙃

Slice of Ace
52 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

You mean like how I'm a writer who is gay ace? 🙃

Precisely 😁

On 5/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Yaaaawn, I forgot to bring my Switch on a four-hour train ride, so here's an early video to occupy myself 😂

Reveal hidden contents

I’m late to the party again, but I’d just like to wish you good luck with relocating and your new job. I genuinely hope that it bodes well for you. I think everyone is mature enough to appreciate and understand that your online activity will probably be less frequent or more sporadic than before. Slice Of Ace is a very pleasant weekend treat, of course, but I certainly wouldn’t want you to burn or stress yourself out over it! You’ve already uploaded plenty of useful information to rewatch, anyway, and quality will always trump quantity. There’s little point in filming material just for the sake of it, after all, and taking a step back is completely fine by me under any circumstances.

And many thanks for recommending some gay-related YouTube channels! The sheer amount of content has overwhelmed me in the past and, as it’s often difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, I’ve never actually followed or even occasionally dipped into one before. There’s admittedly a bit of a generational gap, too, as I’m an old fuddy-duddy, really!

But what I especially like about Slice Of Ace is your modesty and thoughtfulness, plus your take on sexuality in general is very aspirational and positive, so it would be great to discover a gay equivalent of that. I’ve never once felt belittled or patronised while watching any of your videos, and you’ve set a high benchmark!

Andrew Neighbors seems like a really good introductory channel to gently ease myself into the gay YouTube community, though, and his uploads don’t look quite as intense or intimidating as Husband & Husband and Stepsof2Foreigners’ videos. I sense a lot of mellowness and warmth in Neighbors’ personality, if you catch my drift, although I've only had the time to watch his channel trailer and one of his food vlogs in full. I definitely need to set some time aside to watch more of his videos.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:08 PM, MercyIsVictory said:

And if they ever come out with any good horror games for the Switch, I'll consider getting one.

Oh yes, before I forget, one Reddit user has mentioned that Mr. Kravin is a gay YouTuber who posts lots of videos on horror games. His channel doesn’t seem to have many, if any, gay-specific videos, but I thought that it might be of interest!

GeekyGamerZack
On 5/18/2019 at 5:09 PM, GeekyGamerZack said:

I could recommend one openly-gay YouTuber, but his content is entirely Pokémon-related, so I'm not sure if it counts. 😅

5 hours ago, antheap said:

Oh yes, before I forget, one Reddit user has mentioned that Mr. Kravin is a gay YouTuber who posts lots of videos on horror games. His channel doesn’t seem to have many, if any, gay-specific videos, but I thought that it might be of interest!

Well, I guess if someone else is doing it, then I'll bite. The YouTuber I mentioned is TheSupremeRK9s, and as already stated, he's a PokéTuber who identifies as gay.

His main focus is shiny hunting* videos, in which he dresses in a themed costume and livestreams the entire thing, though his channel contains other content as well, including videos featuring his boyfriend, a French YouTuber.

The "Guess the Pokémon" videos they do are especially amusing, as the obligatory language barrier means they usually only know certain Pokémon species' names in their respective native languages.

*For those who don't know, shiny hunting is the act of finding and catching the differently-coloured version of a particular Pokémon species in-game; some purists only participate in "full-odds shiny hunting", with the chance of finding a shiny variant using this method being 1 in 8,192 (1 in 4,096 from XY onwards)

Slice of Ace

Aaanyway, back on topic, @GeekyGamerZack 😜

New video! Decent ace representation in this one, but if you really want to watch a show with vampires, stick to Buffy:

Spoiler

GeekyGamerZack

(sighs) Whatever happened to the idea of a ginger vampire? For that matter, why is there so little ginger representation in fiction? 😛

Moving back on-topic, that guy is ridiculously hunky. Seriously, is EVERY vampire in popular media nowadays an unrealistically perfect-looking individual that would put some aasimar to shame?!

(Wait...that didn't really go back on-topic much at all. I gotta stop mixing-up this thread with the Homoromantic Guys' Chat! 😅)

Slice of Ace
4 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Moving back on-topic, that guy is ridiculously hunky. Seriously, is EVERY vampire in popular media nowadays an unrealistically perfect-looking individual that would put some aasimar to shame?!

To be fair, everyone in Shadowhunters is unrealistically attractive, at least concerning the traditional sense of attractiveness. Funnily, the guy I find the least attractive is, in-universe, considered the most attractive 😂

GeekyGamerZack
3 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Funnily, the guy I find the least attractive is, in-universe, considered the most attractive 😂

Who dat? 🤔

(Ugh, I think my inner '90s kid is showing... 😣)

Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Who dat? 🤔

(Ugh, I think my inner '90s kid is showing... 😣)

Ummm, Jace, I think his name is. 

Spoiler

Image result for jace shadowhunters

I mean, he is good-looking, but I don't like his hair 😂

Slice of Ace

I managed to squeeze a video out in time by uploading it in a Costa 😂

Spoiler

Slice of Ace

Also, poll for a livestream next weekend because I won't have time to do a video: https://doodle.com/poll/qmtt5nfb79w6v24i

Times are in BST/GMT+1, so be sure to take that into account. I don't have a topic to discuss yet, so feel free to suggest something.

2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I managed to squeeze a video out in time by uploading it in a Costa 😂

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for sharing what your feelings and experiences were like, growing up; I could relate to it.

About the French girl's conversation with you: it did sound as though she might've been hinting at being attracted to you (I've had a few, similar experiences with random strangers on the street who didn't know me hinting at or outright asking me to date them/be in a physical relationship with them), but as an asexual, I could be mistaken about her intention--some asexuals on AVEN have mentioned being around co-workers who like to discuss sex and their sexual relationships with their partners, so, I suppose it could also be possible that the French girl was just interested in talking about sex with you (the way some sexuals might be), not necessarily meaning that she was attracted to you.

GeekyGamerZack
14 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I don't have a topic to discuss yet, so feel free to suggest something.

How about "Cake is better than sex" and Other Ace-isms?

Slice of Ace
On 6/1/2019 at 10:10 AM, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I suppose it could also be possible that the French girl was just interested in talking about sex with you (the way some sexuals might be), not necessarily meaning that she was attracted to you.

Hmm, maybe. It was just an incredibly odd conversation. Fortunately, she didn't say anything else like that afterward.

12 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

How about "Cake is better than sex" and Other Ace-isms?

I guess, but that's something I'd want to prepare for an actual video. If you or anyone else brings it up in the chat, I'll be happy to talk about it though.

Slice of Ace

I'm going to try to get a short video out this weekend as well because no one seems to want to watch me live... can't blame 'em really 😅

Just don't tell anyone because it's seeeeeeecret (he says as he posts about it on a public forum) 

MercyIsVictory
23 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm going to try to get a short video out this weekend as well because no one seems to want to watch me live... can't blame 'em really 😅

Did not that many people vote on the poll? 😕 

39 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

:) Actually, I didn't vote, partly because I was confused by how the voting was supposed to work (I'd never seen that host voting website, before) and also because I couldn't decide on which time would be more convenient: the large time zone difference between the U.K. and the U.S. seemed problematic for me, with several options that would wind up being very early in the morning (i.e. 12 am, 2 am, etc.) Maybe, since most members are in the U.S., the times posed a problem for others, too.

With your YouTube videos, anyone, anywhere in the world can watch it whenever it's most convenient for them and their time zone.

Celyn: The Lutening
5 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I didn't vote, partly because I was confused by how the voting was supposed to work (I'd never seen that host voting website, before

Same here, though I am in the UK. 

4 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Same here, though I am in the UK. 

Ah! I was starting to think it might be a specific U.K. website that I'm not familiar with.

Slice of Ace

I have a grand total of 4 votes so far, yourself included @MercyIsVictory

Ahh, I wasn't trying to guilt-trip anyone for not voting! Hmm, I guess I'll find a more suitable schedule thingy if I do it again. It was just what one of my lecturers used to organise something at uni.

To be honest, I was only doing it so I can free up time by not having to edit at all. As for times, I really couldn't be anymore flexible than the full day Saturday and most of Sunday, just because I like to sleep 😅 I know that's problematic for US guys and gals, but I don't fancy staying up late to do that sort of thing. 

Anyway, it'll be uploaded to the channel after airing, so you can watch it then if you fancy. I can't promise it'll be very entertaining though, especially not when live.

MercyIsVictory
2 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

To be honest, I was only doing it so I can free up time by not having to edit at all. As for times, I really couldn't be anymore flexible than the full day Saturday and most of Sunday, just because I like to sleep 😅 I know that's problematic for US guys and gals, but I don't fancy staying up late to do that sort of thing. 

The time difference actually wasn't that big of a deal for me; it's an eight-hour difference, so I just picked times in the morning for me and the afternoon/evening for you. Out of curiosity, what would you have talked about/done during the livestream?

Archived