Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

Slice of Ace

Thanks, @Celynย and @MercyIsVictory! I'm excited to start.

ย 

Thanks, @InquisitivePhilosopher! That'll be useful for future episodes, I'm sure ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Biology for me. ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

@Slice of Ace I hope your new job involves the Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals...mmm...

Hmm, somehow I doubt that ๐Ÿ˜‚

Slice of Ace

I'm not going to post today's video because it's rubbish ๐Ÿ˜‚ How are you all today?

MercyIsVictory
7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm not going to post today's video because it's rubbish ๐Ÿ˜‚ How are you all today?

Oh come on, it really wasn't that bad. :Pย I'm good! Finishing up a very relaxing week of Spring Break, which has given me the chance to read a metric crap-ton (that's the scientific term) of books and replay Mass Effect: Andromeda. How about you?

Slice of Ace
1 hour ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Oh come on, it really wasn't that bad. :Pย I'm good! Finishing up a very relaxing week of Spring Break, which has given me the chance to read a metric crap-ton (that's the scientific term) of books and replay Mass Effect: Andromeda. How about you?

Ahh, I never got round to playing Andromeda.ย I'm well, thanks. I've been up in Edinburgh looking for flats and stuff.

GeekyGamerZack
13 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm not going to post today's video because it's rubbish ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

5 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Oh come on, it really wasn't that bad. :Pย 

I agree. I actually didn't mind the "casual chat" style, and it could make a nice change of pace every now and then. Perhaps with a different kind of cake...?ย ๐Ÿ“

ย 

13 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

How are you all today?

Not bad, though I've only been awake for an hour or so. I woke up to my bedroom feeling like a sauna, so I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather in April-ish.ย ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

FUN FACT: Seasons in the Southern Hemisphere are the exact opposite to their Northern counterparts. It is currently autumn in The Zack Cave (though March is usually the hottest month of the year here), whereas spring has sprung in much of the northern parts of ye olde globee.

MercyIsVictory
42 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

FUN FACT: Seasons in the Southern Hemisphere are the exact opposite to their Northern counterparts. It is currently autumn in The Zack Cave (though March is usually the hottest month of the year here), whereas spring has sprung in much of the northern parts of ye olde globee.

Lucky. I WISH it were turning autumn here. In the parched desert of Arizona, temperatures are approaching the 30s and climbing, and it's only gonna get worse from here. (I hate the heat. It sucks so much. Why can't it rain all day every day.) Where in the Southern Hemisphere are you? I was in South Africa last July, and it was a wonderful respite from the sun constantly trying to eat my face.ย 

GeekyGamerZack

Lucky. I WISH it were turning autumn here. In the parched desert of Arizona, temperatures are approaching the 30s and climbing, and it's only gonna get worse from here. (I hate the heat. It sucks so much. Why can't it rain all day every day.)

Funny you mention that, because we average around 30-ish at this time of year (though that's in Celsius, not Fahrenheit), so it's fairly warm. We really feel the sun's rays here, though, so it feels hotter than the actual temperature. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

ย 

Like you, I can't stand heat. I miss the cold winters of where I used to live, so I'm looking forward to moving back there (I'm NOT looking forward to summers there, however, where the weather yo-yos between 20ย and 40+...UNLESS I become a certified open water diver by then). ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

Where in the Southern Hemisphere are you? I was in South Africa last July, and it was a wonderful respite from the sun constantly trying to eat my face.ย 

Near Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Well, until I make my move, that is. I think a decade-and-a-halfย is a long enough gap year, so it's time to seek further edu-ma-cation in my home turf! ๐Ÿ˜

MercyIsVictory
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Like you, I can't stand heat. I miss the cold winters of where I used to live, so I'm looking forward to moving back there (I'm NOT looking forward to summers there, however, where the weather yo-yos between 20ย and 40+...UNLESS I become a certified open water diver by then). ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

I hear you loud and clear. Phoenix can get up to around 45-46 in the summer. It's awful.ย ๐Ÿ˜†

Slice of Ace

Oh my god, you people are insane! 30 C is "fairly warm", @GeekyGamerZack?! That's essentially my melting point ๐Ÿ˜‚ I would be very lethargic and grumpy in that temperature. I'd much prefer a good 5-10 C ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

2 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

I hear you loud and clear. Phoenix can get up to around 45-46 in the summer. It's awful.ย ๐Ÿ˜†

46ย C ?!ย ๐Ÿ˜จ How do you even survive?! Well, at least it lives up to the name 'Phoenix' ๐Ÿ˜‚

GeekyGamerZack
5 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Oh my god, you people are insane! 30 C is "fairly warm", @GeekyGamerZack?!

Yeah, I have no excuse for embracing the slack Aussie dialect other than I AM an Aussie...ย ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

That's essentially my melting point ๐Ÿ˜‚ I would be very lethargic and grumpy in that temperature. I'd much prefer a good 5-10 C ๐Ÿ˜…

I'd take 5-10ยฐC over sweat rashย any day of the week. It's no fun to not be able to comfortably wear winterย clothes due to living in a warm climate, believe me!ย ๐Ÿ˜ง

ย 

46ย C ?!ย ๐Ÿ˜จ How do you even survive?! Well, at least it lives up to the name 'Phoenix' ๐Ÿ˜‚

What would be the opposite of a phoenix, I wonder...? Perhaps a phreziy? I picture a bird covered with frosty blue emanations freezing solid and crumbling to powder, before a tiny blueย chick emergesย from the resulting pile of snow.ย ๐Ÿค”ย 

MercyIsVictory
8 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hahaha, I agree, 5-10 is much better! 46 is an extreme, I'll admit, but it has happened here, several times. Every house and every building has air-conditioning, and we have an abundance of swimming pools here; that's how we survive. :Pย Actually, because I'm so used to it, I can't even imagine summer friend gatherings without a pool involved.

Slice of Ace
2 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

Hahaha, I agree, 5-10 is much better! 46 is an extreme, I'll admit, but it has happened here, several times. Every house and every building has air-conditioning, and we have an abundance of swimming pools here; that's how we survive. :Pย Actually, because I'm so used to it, I can't even imagine summer friend gatherings without a pool involved.

That's true, air conditioning doesn't really exist in the UK ๐Ÿ˜‚

MercyIsVictory
1 minute ago, Slice of Ace said:

That's true, air conditioning doesn't really exist in the UK ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nor in Germany!ย Granted, they don't really need it, but there were always about 1-2 months where I had to sleep with my windows wide open, placing me at the mercy of the mosquitoes, and at the time, I thought it was so barbaric. :P It was one of the few things I missed about the USA.

:) Some places in the northern U.S. don't have air-conditioning, either, but some places have added them in recent years, due to an increase in hotter temperatures.

Slice of Ace

Come watch my collaboration with Samantha Aimee! We've doneย a Q&Aย about her experience of being aro ace. Be sure to check out the video on her channel as well ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spoiler

ย 

ย 

GeekyGamerZack

Yay! I'm-a watch 'em right now!ย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

SIDENOTE: I actually started following Samantha Aimee on Twitter just this morning. I mean, just because we're in different Hogwarts houses, that doesn't mean we can't get along. I like making new friends!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

(And I practically let slip my house, didn't I? Wait...why are there no badger emoji?!ย ๐Ÿ˜•)

Celyn: The Lutening

๐Ÿฆ…

Slice of Ace
8 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Yay! I'm-a watch 'em right now!ย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

SIDENOTE: I actually started following Samantha Aimee on Twitter just this morning. I mean, just because we're in different Hogwarts houses, that doesn't mean we can't get along. I like making new friends!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

(And I practically let slip my house, didn't I? Wait...why are there no badger emoji?!ย ๐Ÿ˜•)

Hufflepuffs unite! (I don't even like Harry Potter that much ๐Ÿ˜)

MercyIsVictory

(cough) Ravenclaws are better. (COUGH)

Oof, sorry, had something stuck in my throat there. :Pย 

Slice of Ace

Hey look, I did another video! It's almost like I have a schedule or something.

This time: LGBT+ education in the UK.

Spoiler

ย 

Or, if you want to watch a better and more British version of the video:

Spoiler

ย 

ย 

I just wanted to say I was watching the most recent Drawfee video where they draw D&D characters, and Julia says that Dorian from Dragon Age "slept with sooo many ladies" and I knew she was mistaken. I was thinking "wait, how do I know he's gay, I have never played Dragon Age?"ย 

About an hour later I realised I knew it from your video about videogamesย helping you find your identity.

Slice of Ace has embedded itself so deep inside my brain.

Slice of Ace
22 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I just wanted to say I was watching the most recent Drawfee video where they draw D&D characters, and Julia says that Dorian from Dragon Age "slept with sooo many ladies" and I knew she was mistaken. I was thinking "wait, how do I know he's gay, I have never played Dragon Age?"ย 

About an hour later I realised I knew it from your video about videogamesย helping you find your identity.

Slice of Ace has embedded itself so deep inside my brain.

Awww, thanks!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š I should have waited longer to do that video as well as properly scripting it. Maybe I'll redo it at some point. It's my fourth worst-performing video but it was also my favourite to make!ย ๐Ÿ˜

1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Awww, thanks!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š I should have waited longer to do that video as well as properly scripting it. Maybe I'll redo it at some point. It's my fourth worst-performing video but it was also my favourite to make!ย ๐Ÿ˜

I thought it was pretty rambly and could be cut down a fair bit, but I did very much enjoy it :) So I don't think redo it, just a merciless edit.

MercyIsVictory
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Maybe I'll redo it at some point. It's my fourth worst-performing video but it was also my favourite to make!ย ๐Ÿ˜

What, re-do - in my completely non-biased and professional opinion - one of the best videos on your channel?! Never! There's no need! :P

GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

What, re-do - in my completely non-biased and professional opinion - one of the best videos on your channel?! Never! There's no need! :P

Agreed. The message in your video is entirely justified and valid. Personally, if I'd learned about this topic in primary school, I probably would've figured out my orientation much sooner,ย at least the part where I'm romantically and aesthetically attracted to guys. (The asexual epiphany may still have happened later, though likely sooner than it actually did.)ย โ˜บ๏ธ

Slice of Ace

You all realise that I'm a perfectionist, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm going to go back and redo videos at some point, if only to bring them to a larger audience and to a higher standard of quality. It wouldn't be a one-to-one replica ofย what I say, mind. Just the same topic fromย an updated perspective.ย 

Speaking of, I should really redo my channel intro at some point because that is atrocious ๐Ÿ˜

MercyIsVictory

ย 

21 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Speaking of, I should really redo my channel intro at some point because that is atrocious ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย What kinds of things would you include in an updated intro?

Slice of Ace
54 minutes ago, MercyIsVictory said:

ย 

Well, I'd probably do it once I have a decent camera, so that's one thing. I'd also script it, and probably do a lot of editing. It will basically be the same thing, just fancierย ๐Ÿ˜‚

GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

You all realise that I'm a perfectionist, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can relate to an extent. I mean, I went through the entire first season of my online series and heavily edited it just to bring it up to the same standard of quality as the newer eps, and I routinely smooth out minor imperfections whenever I spot them. I guess we're both like artists in that regard.ย ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

6 hours ago, MercyIsVictory said:

ย 

As long as Scratch makes an appearance, it'll be perfect to me. ๐Ÿˆ

Archived