Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

GeekyGamerZack

"In case anyone doesn't have any Christmas plans"

Actually, now that you mention it... 😅

In any case, I should have some free time to watch programs (such as Legends of Tomorrow) and play games (such as SSBU), so I intend to watch your newest vid as well.

"here be my final video of the year"

Wait...what? But...what am I supposed to do three days before Hogmanay without the usual vid?! Aw, man...I'm gonna have Withdrawals of Ace for a week. 😯

(Just kidding! You've earned a break, so enjoy your gap week. I now know the importance of R&R myself. 😁)

25 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

In any case, I should have some free time to watch programs (such as Legends of Tomorrow) and play games (such as SSBU), so I intend to watch your newest vid as well.

Ooh, have you not caught up on Legends of Tomorrow? I love that series, and the last episode was great 😁 Also, I have been playing way too much Smash Bros. lately (if that's possible)

28 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Aw, man...I'm gonna have Withdrawals of Ace for a week. 😯

You're going to have to do a cold turkey! Don't worry though, you'll get your fix in a fortnight 😂

23 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I guess this was in response to my original post? You'll be happy to know that I did go for it, and the channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/c/SliceOfAce

Ah yeah, sorry I didn’t read all the replies here. Hehe 😅

Nice! I’ve already seen and subscribed your channel 👏🏻

It is really interesting because it shows that a person could be both or mix in a category of orientation and that we should not exclude ourself from a community, just because we are not 100% fit in that category 😌

2 hours ago, Ymaniv said:

Ah yeah, sorry I didn’t read all the replies here. Hehe 😅

Yeah, it's a bit much to catch up on 😅

2 hours ago, Ymaniv said:

It is really interesting because it shows that a person could be both or mix in a category of orientation and that we should not exclude ourself from a community, just because we are not 100% fit in that category 😌

Thanks! Yeah, whilst I do focus on asexuality, there are a lot of gay/LGBT+ topics that I want to talk about, and I think it's also interesting to discuss how my asexuality affects me being and identifying as gay 😊

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Thanks! Yeah, whilst I do focus on asexuality, there are a lot of gay/LGBT+ topics that I want to talk about, and I think it's also interesting to discuss how my asexuality affects me being and identifying as gay 😊

Your vids have actually gotten me thinking that my label may need to be revised slightly, but I still need to work it out. Maybe something like "homoaesthetic semi-homoromantic asexual", because...well, I'll post my thoughts in the usual chat, so I suggest checking it if you're curious.

Oh, by the way, I watched the new vid, and I'll be honest, my gaze kept shifting over to your advent calendar. Even when the image of a zucchini appeared, I still ended up looking over at the advent calendar, and I cannot for the love of cake figure out why*. However, I still listened to this week's topic, and I now have a better understanding of the three types of relationships featured. It makes the idea of a relationship with an allosexual guy seem less complicated.

(*I swear, my sense of attention is so random at the best of times, and I often fixate on things that most people wouldn't notice, such as a Bowser silhouette in the pattern of an ordinary floor rug, or a single loose thread on a Splatoon-licenced White Tee, or indeed a cloud that's shaped like Zelda using Triforce of Wisdom on King Dedede...wow, I have been playing WAY too much Smash lately! 😅)

GeekyGamerZack

On 12/22/2018 at 7:02 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Ooh, have you not caught up on Legends of Tomorrow? I love that series, and the last episode was great 😁

I started watching it a few weeks ago, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through season 1.

*sniff*...poor Carter. He would've been my favourite, but I guess one of the others'll have to do. 

😑

Actually, I kind of like Rory Pond Rip Hunter...and Iron-Ant...and Snark, if I'm honest. 😁

Also, I have been playing way too much Smash Bros. lately (if that's possible)

For the love of Sakurai, how can you even SAY those words?! "Too much Smash Bros."? How...very...DARE you! 😎

19 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I watched the new vid, and I'll be honest, my gaze kept shifting over to your advent calendar.

It's because Maltesers are the best! Do they have those outside of the UK? 😞

Legends:

Spoiler

Snart's the best! ALL the cold puns!!! And since the actor's gay 😁 

It's confusing when they call Mick Rory 'Rory', because Rip Hunter is Rory Pond, so I always get really muddled between the two 😂

19 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Your vids have actually gotten me thinking that my label may need to be revised slightly, but I still need to work it out. Maybe something like "homoaesthetic semi-homoromantic asexual"

Glad I've helped! I stick with homoromantic asexual (/gay ace) because it's simpler. Plus, it would just be homo- everything except -sexual 😂

GeekyGamerZack
3 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

It's because Maltesers are the best! Do they have those outside of the UK? 😞

They sure do! Too bad I'd trigger a nasty migraine if I ate one. 😅

Legends:

Hide contents

Snart's the best! ALL the cold puns!!! And since the actor's gay 😁 

It's confusing when they call Mick Rory 'Rory', because Rip Hunter is Rory Pond, so I always get really muddled between the two 😂

Rip Hunter is Rory Pond née Williams, and Rory Pond née Williams is the Lone Senturion, and the Lone Senturion is the husband of Amy Pond, and Amy Pond is ginger like the Doctor Donna Noble, and Donna Noble is the Doctor-Donna, and the Doctor-Donna is played by Catherine Tate, and Catherine Tate plays Lauren, and Lauren AIN'T BOVVAD! 

😡

Oh, and Incineroar is completely OP when controlled by the CPU. So basically, Rip Hunter is OP when controlled by the CPU...uh...I think.

Wait...Mick's boss is named Snart? With a "tuh"? Well, that's slightly embarrassing for me. What's his superhero name again? In any case, his whole ice elemental theme really speaks to me, which is partly due to something I can't reveal yet because spoilers. 😁

Glad I've helped! I stick with homoromantic asexual (/gay ace) because it's simpler. Plus, it would just be homo- everything except -sexual 😂

I, too, have come to adopt gay ace as my short-and-sweet label. Two syllables is much more efficient than eight!

@GeekyGamerZack, probably best to PM me if you want to talk Legends of Tomorrow/Doctor Who/Smash Bros. any more, just so we don't entirely derail the thread 😜

Spoiler
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Oh, and Incineroar is completely OP when controlled by the CPU. 

I'm awful against Dedede and Wario CPUs, personally 😝

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

What's his superhero name again?

Captain Cold 😎

• 2 weeks later...
GeekyGamerZack

Happy New Year! 😁

I think your perception of crushes vs. squishes is spot-on, and I figured that was the case. I actually just realised that I often end up with a strong desire to be someone's friend if I chat with them enough times, which would probably count as squishing. Usually, that leaves me wondering "Are we friends yet, or still just acquaintances?".

The weird thing is that a fair number of my possible squishes are women (I'm a gay ace guy, for those who don't know), but I guess that's entirely plausible for a strictly-platonic friendship. My crushes, on the other hand, are always guys.

Super gay (and mildly depressing) video, soooorry 😝😝😝

Spoiler

Have just watched. That brought tears to my eyes. How can I click ' like'? I hope this doesn't sound presumptious, but, well done you. 

5 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

Have just watched. That brought tears to my eyes. How can I click ' like'? I hope this doesn't sound presumptious, but, well done you. 

Oh no, don't cry! Thanks! 😊 Hmm, you might have to be on the actual YouTube page to like it (https://youtu.be/7mnuBiocbe4). There should be a little thumbs up just below the video 👍

I was on the actual You Tube and then I switched to here. What I meant by 'How can I click like?' was that, a bit like some of the AVEN posts, you respond, but 'like' is not quite the response that you want to offer. More, of an empathetic, or sympathetic or some other 'thetic' thing (Not pathetic!). Hope that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

I was on the actual You Tube and then I switched to here. What I meant by 'How can I click like?' was that, a bit like some of the AVEN posts, you respond, but 'like' is not quite the response that you want to offer. More, of an empathetic, or sympathetic or some other 'thetic' thing (Not pathetic!). Hope that makes sense. 

Ahh, okay. Haha, I take things too literally sometimes. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Personally, I wouldn't take it as "I'm glad you're sad and pessimistic 😈" if someone liked the video though. Just that they found the content worthwhile 😊

GeekyGamerZack
15 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Super gay (and mildly depressing) video, soooorry 😝😝😝

Reveal hidden contents

@Slice of Ace This vid makes me wonder what PDAs I would want to do in your situation. Being on the autism spectrum means I'm a little averse to physical contact, but I'm comfortable hugging a friend or family member, and I'm a lot more confident in shaking someone's hand than I used to be (though I bust out the sanitiser in rare circumstances), so I'd probably be okay with hand-holding. 🙂

However, I've never been in an intimate relationship before, meaning I'm naïve to the apparent dangers of PDAs between two gay guys; I also tend to be a bit of a nervous Neddy, so I'd probably respond the same way as you explained in your scenario. 😓

btw, I totally misread "PDA" as "personal digital assistant", which makes me wonder how people would react if they saw someone on the street using one nowadays. "Whoa...your mobile phone is so...um...whoa..." 😁

7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I totally misread "PDA" as "personal digital assistant"

Haha, what would a 'gay personal digital assistant' be?! Would it be like a really primitive gay dating app? Ooh, or an actual gaydar? 😂

GeekyGamerZack
5 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, what would a 'gay personal digital assistant' be?! Would it be like a really primitive gay dating app? Ooh, or an actual gaydar? 😂

I could just imagine that. Some office worker in the mid-00's tapping his PDA's touchscreen in an attempt to identify if the cute guy serving his flat white decaf latté to-go is single and gay, only for the device to suddenly make a "DING DING DING" sound. Oh, if only it were that easy... 😆

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, GeekyGamerZack said:

...Oh, if only it were that easy... 😆

:) This reminded me of a clip from this show: 

Spoiler

7 hours ago, James121 said:

Asexual YouTube channel! I’ll be sure to take a look!

Thanks, I hope you like it!

GeekyGamerZack

Woo! The next vid is mere hours away! I hope it's about (TOPIC SPOILER REDACTED). 😊

Just now, GeekyGamerZack said:

Woo! The next vid is mere hours away! I hope it's about (TOPIC SPOILER REDACTED). 😊

It's probably not about (TOPIC SPOILER REDACTED) if I'm to be honest! I'm writing the subtitles now 😉 Plus, I'm going to have to release it today (Friday) because of... reasons

The new video's up early! I did something a little different this week 😉

Spoiler

Don't worry, it's a lot more upbeat than last week (maybe to a fault 😂)

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

The new video's up early! I did something a little different this week 😉

Hide contents

Don't worry, it's a lot more upbeat than last week (maybe to a fault 😂)

@Slice of Ace Strawberry cheesecake, vanilla sponge cake with strawberry jam and fresh cream and carrot cake. I love all three the best! 😁

9 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Strawberry cheesecake, vanilla sponge cake with strawberry jam and fresh cream and carrot cake. I love all three the best! 😁

Very solid picks 🍰 

Archived