Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

Celyn: The Lutening

The jazz in your second video is making me want to be better at playing jazz on the piano - I'm better at classical but I should really expand into other styles....

(Vaguely off topic but I had to say it)

3 hours ago, Celyn said:

The jazz in your second video is making me want to be better at playing jazz on the piano - I'm better at classical but I should really expand into other styles....

(Vaguely off topic but I had to say it)

Ooh, do it! Jazz is so fun to play! I've always preferred playing jazz on the piano to classical 🎵 I really need to properly pick up piano again. I kind of fell off it while I was at uni...

@Here&Queer and @Celyn, I'm testing a new backdrop for my videos. The problem is, the lighting isn't great. Would you (or anyone else who reads this) prefer the sofa with better lighting or this room with meh lighting? I'll see if I can get something to illuminate my face, but I don't think I have anything on hand

Spoiler

New backdrop_zpsimwff7fs.png

Maybe something like a poster behind the sofa, or a throw on it etc. etc.

4 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

@Here&Queer and @Celyn, I'm testing a new backdrop for my videos. The problem is, the lighting isn't great. Would you (or anyone else who reads this) prefer the sofa with better lighting or this room with meh lighting? I'll see if I can get something to illuminate my face, but I don't think I have anything on hand

Reveal hidden contents

New backdrop_zpsimwff7fs.png

I think I like the sofa better, especially given the lighting situation. And I agree with @Celyn, a throw or poster/picture behind the couch could be great. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Lucinda said:

Back to the sofa!  :)

Lucinda

Haha, will do 😅

2 hours ago, Celyn said:

Maybe something like a poster behind the sofa, or a throw on it etc. etc.

Hmm, I don't think I have anything that'll do at the moment 😕 I might have to wait until I move to get a better backdrop

As promised, there will be a special cameo in tomorrow's video 😸

Spoiler

6746e788-336a-4680-a1e6-8fd4256c4373_zps

Great fancy editing moves today, I'm so proud of you!

everywhere and nowhere

Very nice vlog. I always prefer reading to listening, but I can also listen to something and solve puzzles at the same time. And I discovered I really like your British accent. :)

22 hours ago, Celyn said:

Great fancy editing moves today, I'm so proud of you!

Haha, thanks! I wanted to make it a bit more interesting than staring at my boring mug for the whole video 😂

19 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Very nice vlog. I always prefer reading to listening, but I can also listen to something and solve puzzles at the same time. And I discovered I really like your British accent. :)

Thanks! That's one of us at least. I, like so many others, am not a fan of my own voice 😂 To be honest, I prefer reading as well, but I thought YouTube was a better option to get it to as many people as possible, and a video makes it a bit more personal 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I didn't get much of a response on this last video 

Spoiler

I got a big boost in views and subscribers during AAW, and it makes sense that things have quitened since then, but I'm wondering whether it's something else. 

If you watched the video, did you like it? If not, why, and what would you prefer to see instead? Even if you did like it, is there any content in particular you'd like me to cover? 

Maybe I'm just worrying too much 😝

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the ace-ace relationships video. I found the content interesting and, as always, I love the speed of your delivery: it gives me time to ponder.  I really liked your bar chart - I could pause and study it - and I also really liked the way people's comments were slowly scrolled as you read them out. Things to see, things to listen to - multi-sensory is good. Ta.  Any chance of putting the bar chart results up on the thread?

16 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

Any chance of putting the bar chart results up on the thread?

Ask and ye shall receive 😊

Spoiler

PhysIntGraph%20FullScreen_zpsegnelnjq.pn

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 10/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Slice of Ace said:

Okay, now I'm kind of terrified 😨 My YouTube channel is up, with the first video. I hope it's not too bad 😂 I'm not very confident in front of my terrible-quality camera. Anyway, the link's in my signature, and I'll drop the first video here:

Hide contents

Great job! l ❤️ it! You just earned a new subcriber today :D *thumbs up*

That Demi Mammoth

Just found this thread today, so I checked out your channel.

I ended up watching all your videos so far, and you have a new subscriber. You're doing amazing and deserve a lot of cake for this 🍰:cake:🎂

8 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Great job! l ❤️ it! You just earned a new subcriber today :D *thumbs up*

30 minutes ago, That Demi Mammoth said:

I ended up watching all your videos so far, and you have a new subscriber. You're doing amazing and deserve a lot of cake for this 🍰:cake:🎂

Thank you so much, both of you! 😊 I'll try my best to help improve visibility and make enjoyable content 

GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace Okay, I'll start posting comments on your videos here rather than the Homoromantic Guys Chat. Thanks for the heads-up. 😊

16 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

@Slice of Ace Okay, I'll start posting comments on your videos here rather than the Homoromantic Guys Chat. Thanks for the heads-up. 😊

Haha, thanks! I just didn't want to take over the chat with talk about my channel 😝

GeekyGamerZack
5 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, thanks! I just didn't want to take over the chat with talk about my channel 😝

Understood. ☺️

New video! I'm not sure what people will think to this one, because it's not ace, but it's something I wanted to do 😊

Spoiler

Latest video was great, to be honest I think that the focus on the homoromanticism occasionally, is a good thing, to make it stand out among other ace channels.

Subscribers have started rolling in, the people love you! Very well done :)

44 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Latest video was great, to be honest I think that the focus on the homoromanticism occasionally, is a good thing, to make it stand out among other ace channels.

Subscribers have started rolling in, the people love you! Very well done :)

Haha, thanks! I think I'm just a bit impatient to get to 100 subs, because I have something planned 😂

GeekyGamerZack
On 11/24/2018 at 4:06 PM, Slice of Ace said:

New video! I'm not sure what people will think to this one, because it's not ace, but it's something I wanted to do 😊

Hide contents

Loved every second of it. ☺️

Yay, I have 100 subscribers somehow! Thank you all so much for supporting me!!! 😄

Have a celebratory video 🍰🍰🍰:

Spoiler

Congratulations! And thanks for the explanatory video. 

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Yay, I have 100 subscribers somehow! Thank you all so much for supporting me!!! 😄

Have a celebratory video 🍰🍰🍰:

Reveal hidden contents

The channel redesign looks awesome! Also, congrats on reaching 100 subscribers! 😁

Thanks! I've been sitting on those designs for a couple of weeks, and it's been torture to not use them 😝

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Thanks! I've been sitting on those designs for a couple of weeks, and it's been torture to not use them 😝

I know kind of how you feel. I actually need to throw together a theme for my series' website, but I can't think of any ideas, so I guess in my case it's torture to not have one to use. 😅

Will you be making playlists of each "cake column"? That would be a good idea for new viewers to catch up on the kind of content they're looking for without trawling through.

Archived