Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

Slice of Ace
2 minutes ago, 3Xi3X said:

Hey no, I think it’s good. Really!! You seem like very cool person and you speak well. I thought everything was accurate and I can relate.

i also just saw the video with guest speaker David. Was great!! Those straight guys don’t understand. 🤣🤣

Oh god, that video 😅 It's sooo cringey, I daren't go back and watch it 

Grey-Ace Ventura

I got some serious catching up to do here

@Slice of Ace don’t sell yourself short bro. I’m no where as photogenic or at least video-genic as you.

Okay. I think your videos are awesome.

I just watched the one where you pull out the garlic cookbook. You said you are gay in all meanings of the word because youre happy right now, and you said you were looking for someone to date as well as the fact that you love cake and chocolate.

I wouldn’t mind you making a video about pretty much anything personally. I would watch them. If you are into games you could do the whisper challenge or some fun/funny stuff like that with guests/friends.

Yep. Thats my update. 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Oh god, that video 😅 It's sooo cringey, I daren't go back and watch it 

:) I did. I thought it was a fun and creative way to educate others about asexuality and misconceptions about it.

@Ringmaster04 Here's @Slice of Ace wearing the same shirt that you have in your avatar.

I thought I saw him wear it in a video! 

Slice of Ace
2 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I thought I saw him wear it in a video! 

Umm, I think that's where he got the idea from 😅

New day, new video, new camera:

Spoiler

I just saw this one. I couldn’t figure out how to sort by date for some reason last night so I just started watching at random.

I saw the one with your friend and you. And the one with you and Sam Aimee. And a few others.

Youre right about the books growing up. I never encountered a gay couple until after I graduated High School. 👍

GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace We should TOTALLY do a collab! 😁

...um, that's a type of cake, right? (I've posted all of 0 videos on my channel to date, so forgive me for not getting the slang. 😜)

27 minutes ago, 3Xi3X said:

I just saw this one. I couldn’t figure out how to sort by date for some reason last night so I just started watching at random...

:) Hi. If you still need help in figuring out how to sort all of the videos by date, just click on @Slice of Ace's YouTube Channel name, "videos" (located near the top of the Channel's homepage), and then you can sort all of the videos by "newest to oldest" or "oldest to newest" (by clicking "sort by," which is to the right of the Channel's page).

@InquisitivePhilosopher Thanks. Is that the same for the app? I’m using an iPad and I could do that on the internet (web browser) but can’t find the option in the app.

Slice of Ace
2 minutes ago, 3Xi3X said:

@InquisitivePhilosopher Thanks. Is that the same for the app? I’m using an iPad and I could do that on the internet (web browser) but can’t find the option in the app.

Another way is just to scroll down on the front page of the channel. I put 'Popular Uploads' at the top, which is listed from high-low views. Under that is 'Playlists', and under that is just 'Uploads', which will be in chronological order with the newest at the top/left 🙂 

Thanks, for that info, @Slice of Ace. I don't have a phone or tablet, so I'm unable to know whether certain websites' features aren't showing on those devices, or how to help those users.

Ringmaster04
On 7/27/2019 at 1:05 AM, Slice of Ace said:

Umm, I think that's where he got the idea from 😅

It sure was, and a great idea at that! Other than my ring, I don't usually wear pride stuff when I'm with my parents, but wore it yesterday and my mom right away says "I absolutely love that shirt!" Coming out to her consisted of about a 20 minute discussion and it's never really been a thing since and I've gotten the impression that it just isn't something she cares about, so it was a big deal to me for her to see it, know what it means, and to like it.

Slice of Ace
Spoiler

Early video! I like the idea I had for the thumbnail on this one.

1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, you're all oddly silent

:) Maybe it's possible that some members are busy traveling to the AVEN Meetup in Utrecht.

Interesting topic, about dating and physical appearances, how you said you don't like judging people based on their appearance (I've also thought to myself that that would be shallow of me to do that, as well), but then wondering whether the other person might feel put off or disappointed by that, in case they want or feel a need to have a partner who considers them physically attractive.

As a seemingly aro person who's never dated, I didn't think about the latter, before; I kind of thought that, if I ever were to find someone likeable, with a friendly personality and compatible hobbies like myself, that the other person would be satisfied with that, too, in the relationship.

I think I thought this way because while growing up, my friends were okay with the fact that we shared similar personalities and beliefs (and, some hobbies); they never complained or said anything about my personal appearance (i.e. that to them, I did or didn't look attractive) because it didn't matter to them.

Ringmaster04
3 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, you're all oddly silent

It is a complicated topic. I do feel bad for passing on someone solely based on appearance, but I also recognize that I do have things I look for, and if I don't find someone's appearance appealing enough, I think it would be wrong for me to continue pursuing something knowing the probability of it going well is close to 0. And I guess because that is how I feel about it, I just blindly assume anyone expressing interest in me feels the same way, so I guess I do want, and would assume, that someone I'm dating or even just talking with online, would have some level of aesthetic attraction toward me.

And I see it as a pretty serious consideration as well. Theoretically, if you are looking for a partner, then there is at least some chance in your mind that the person you're swiping right on is the person you will spend the remainder of your life with. I cannot foresee myself in a relationship with someone I don't find aesthetically attractive for that long.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, Slice of Ace said:
  Hide contents

Early video! I like the idea I had for the thumbnail on this one.

The best way I can think of to explain this half-asleep (not fully asleep because I stupidly decided it would be a good idea to have coffee late afternoon...see rambling, we have that common 😋)...have you ever played the board game 'Survive: Escape From Atlantis'?  A guy who would be considered conventially aesthetically attractive may be a 2 for me & if their personality is bleurgh or eek then it goes down to 1...0 if they're a real jerk (game-wise...I would remove their raft when a shark is within the vicinity😜).

My brain isn't capable of finding someone attractive until AFTER I've had conversations with them & see how we interact with each other. I've always been like this (I'd much rather be with a (subjectively) high-quality guy or be on my own). If a guy isn't conventionally aesthetically attractive but incredibly intelligent, this would be a 3 / 4 for me. At this stage, I would be interested but don't necessarily feel the desire to date them. This is also the stage where I try & work out whether I should say something to the person. If after more time has passed & they go up to a 5 then I would seriously consider them as a potential partner. Just because a guy is super intelligent doesn't mean their score only goes up, if they don't care about the environment or treat service people without kindness & consideration, then their score goes down to 0. 

6 would be the highest number - to get a 6, I would need to feel safe, secure & supported around them, be able to have conversations about various topics or be able to be in comfortable companionable silence with them. We should be able to have open & on-going communication, share humour & be comfortable enough to be completely goofy around each other, I would also need to feel that I can give them what they need from a relationship too (if not, there's no point). I don't like the idea of dating for fun. I prefer a life partner. A bit like trainers for me - if I have a really great pair of K-Swiss, no matter how amazing the next Nike or Adidas model may be, I'll be like "Meh. No thanks. I've got a good one already & I adore them very very much". That could be the romantic side of me which is in favour of monogamy. 

Hopefully some of this makes sense...😅

Slice of Ace
8 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

they never complained or said anything about my personal appearance (i.e. that to them, I did or didn't look attractive) because it didn't matter to them.

Interesting. I was only ever teased or bullied for my appearance when I was younger. And my friends, like yours, never really talked about it. So I've only really thought about it in recent years.

6 hours ago, Ringmaster04 said:

I cannot foresee myself in a relationship with someone I don't find aesthetically attractive for that long.

That's a good point. What's important is that you're both happy, and if aesthetic attraction plays a part in that, then that's important.

3 hours ago, Eutierria said:

Hopefully some of this makes sense...😅

I actually really like that system (probably because I like numbers 😂)! I can find someone good-looking before I get to know them, but it takes talking to them and having chemistry to actually be attracted. For me, at least.

11 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

chemistry

For me, that word...😬. When people say "chemistry", I imagine 'sparks-spark-spark-splutter...fizzle...'   

Something that takes time to build & nurture feels like it would have more of a solid foundation. 

Slice of Ace

Just thought I'd let you all know that tomorrow's video's going to be late. Still on Saturday, but maybe closer to noon BST. I've still got some things to sort out but I don't have the energy to finish it off this evening 😝

Slice of Ace

Aaaand here is an incoherent review of sorts of Upside Down by N R Walker. A gay ace romance novel, if you can believe it!

Spoiler

You can pick it up on Amazon, and I left links and stuff in the description 😊

Yay! You almost have 500 subscribers (for your planned Q and A video).

I forgot to mention that your new camera looks good, with a sharper focus.

Slice of Ace
On 8/13/2019 at 5:00 AM, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I forgot to mention that your new camera looks good, with a sharper focus.

Thanks! I'm glad someone mentioned it. It cost a lot of money 😝

Aaaalso, new video time! Definitely relevant to here, I shared my first post on AVEN. I was known as NYK (Nobody You Know) back then, which is ironic now for a YouTuber 😂 

Spoiler

Enjoy, and hopefully I'll reach 500 by next week so I can finally post that Q&A!!! 😂

Slice of Ace

Yay, five-hundred little crocodiles! For some reason, I always picture my subscribers as cartoon crocodiles. I have no idea why 😂 But yes, huzzah! The Q&A will be up next Saturday because I ain't got no closed timelike curves. 

Reading that back, I sound kind of drunk 😅 I'm not. Don't drink alcohol. I am just very tired.

Slice of Ace

As promised, the 511 sub video is here! Feel free not to watch it all, because it is massive 😂

Spoiler

Also, pelicans

Peter VRooden
On 8/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Yay, five-hundred little crocodiles! For some reason, I always picture my subscribers as cartoon crocodiles. I have no idea why 😂 But yes, huzzah! The Q&A will be up next Saturday because I ain't got no closed timelike curves. 

Reading that back, I sound kind of drunk 😅 I'm not. Don't drink alcohol. I am just very tired.

That's strange. I never see myself as a cartoon crocodile.

Ringmaster04
On 8/18/2019 at 2:40 PM, Slice of Ace said:

Yay, five-hundred little crocodiles! For some reason, I always picture my subscribers as cartoon crocodiles. 

Turns out I'm not a crocodile at all, I'm a wolf. 

Archived