Meyers-Briggs personality types

Theoretically

I am an INTJ, my psych friends couldn't believe it and made me take the test in multiple forms and I still got it.....during my younger years I would switch between INTP-INTJ.

1 minute ago, knittinghistorian said:

I'm an INTJ too!

Lets be INTJ together! I don't know a lot of them, apparently its quite rare.

knittinghistorian
10 minutes ago, Esmeray22 said:

Lets be INTJ together! I don't know a lot of them, apparently its quite rare.

And we seem to be associated with villains...  I've looked at those fandom Meyers-Briggs charts!  Fear us!  We are mighty asexual world-taker-overs, apparently...

I've heard that we're quite rare, too!  Except once.  When I was a freshman in college, I took the intro-to-the-university course designed for honors students (which I was).  We all took the Meyers-Briggs test, and seriously like HALF THE CLASS was made up of INTJs!  The professors were a little flabbergasted.  Apparently INTJs sometimes cluster among academic overachievers.  Who knew?

Just now, knittinghistorian said:

And we seem to be associated with villains...  I've looked at those fandom Meyers-Briggs charts!  Fear us!  We are mighty asexual world-taker-overs, apparently...

I've heard that we're a tiny proportion of the population, too!  Except once.  When I was a freshman in college, I took the intro-to-the-university course designed for honors students (which I was).  We all took the Meyers-Briggs test, and seriously like HALF THE CLASS was made up of INTJs!  The professors were a little flabbergasted.  Apparently INTJs sometimes cluster among academic overachievers.  Who knew?

Haha, when we have to take the test I usually end up being the only one but I see a lot of INTP XD One of my psych mates says that we are too "blunt and analytical." ha

I also see that you like knitting, awesome!

knittinghistorian
Just now, Esmeray22 said:

Haha, when we have to take the test I usually end up being the only one but I see a lot of INTP XD One of my psych mates says that we are too "blunt and analytical." ha

I also see that you like knitting, awesome!

Indeed!  I guess knitting is a fairly introverted, analytical kind of hobby, now that I come to think of it, hmm...

I can tend to be too blunt and analytical too, and when people aren't being that, I often either A) can't parse out what they really mean, so I just take it literally, or B) get really annoyed with them for waffling.  Figuring out what people actually mean, behind the polite fictions and passive-aggression and whatnot, is just too much work, and irrational!

5 minutes ago, knittinghistorian said:

Indeed!  I guess knitting is a fairly introverted, analytical kind of hobby, now that I come to think of it, hmm...

I can tend to be too blunt and analytical too, and when people aren't being that, I often either A) can't parse out what they really mean, so I just take it literally, or B) get really annoyed with them for waffling.  Figuring out what people actually mean, behind the polite fictions and passive-aggression and whatnot, is just too much work, and irrational!

I tell everyone to just be very blunt with me even if they think it will hurt my 'feelings' its really difficult for me to understand when someone is joking, being sarcastic or serious. I also can't do small talks, it drains me so much.

Knitting is all about following the correct formula.

I generally get ISTP-A but just took it again and got ISFJ-T but then I’m not feeling great atm.

I'm an ESFP-A.

Is there another thread like this though? Because I posted in an MBTI personality type thread asking what your type is before but I don't see my post here, so I guess that must've been a different thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Abe8mag4b&d

Years ago I tested as an ISFJ.  Occasionally the topic would come up but I didn't retake  because I felt I would answer for my past self and I have changed, I thought certain answers would be out of habit, not current reality.  Fast forward 35 years.  I came across a test that sounded interesting.  No thought of Meyers-Briggs.  When results came up I was a ISFJ.  I was surprised to find I had unknowingly taken the test again.  Well, I guess I am consistent after all.

• 3 months later...
AceMissBehaving

ENFP  the champion or campaigner

• 1 month later...

I've had to take the test a few times for management training and so on. I always score as INTJ.

I'm INTP, which makes sense because I'm autistic. I know there's a strong correlation between autism and asexuality, so there could also be a correlation between asexuality and INTP/INTJ personalities.

rainbowsprinklez 🐙💜🍬

Got INFP :P

not_all_who_wander

I’m infj. Or enfj or infp. Or enfp. I consistently fall on the 1% side of two of the letters, so the tests doesn’t work very well for me.

Lucas Monteiro

It's interesting to note that the Meyers-Briggs test can give different personalities to the same person, some say that it's accurate and others say that it's not. But well, I'm not entering on this debate. My personality is INFJ type.

Ippiki-ookami

I tend to get either INFJ or INTJ. I don't think one test can exactly determine someone's personality type but it's interesting nonetheless..

• 3 weeks later...

I have taken two different tests and I got ENTJ! I relate to the info I have read about this type.

Archived