Meyers-Briggs personality types

Theoretically

I won't deny the test is kind of dubious, but I am a pretty stereotypical ENFP.  (Ooh, shiny!)

Come now. 

Myers-Briggs is second most talked about topic on AVEN after the definition of asexulity 😋 😋 

I am just lurking here so I can find some extroverts...

Extroverts on AVEN though... Ha ha.

I hadn't heard of that until now...

I would certainly say INTJ. That said, why does that thing even exist?

INFP, and I must had taken that test so many times, because the description of INFP doesn't match me except the imagination part. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm joining the extrovert club! ENFP-T here, the description is pretty much me, surprisingly :'D 

I did the test thrice in my life and every time i got an INTP that fits me okay (or at least more than the other types do) 

I actually have 3 types. INTJ, INFJ and ISTJ.

Not sure just how it happened but it happened.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:26 AM, Feynman said:

That said, why does that thing even exist?

People trying to learn more about personality, originally. Someone studied people, tried to generalize the personality traits that they could see through observing actions, and tried to group them together. The creator of the original version of this test admitted that it was for fun and experimentation only. Some others got a hold of it (Meyers and Briggs, I imagine), expanded it somewhat, and then started asserting that it was accurate and extremely useful for determining your personality, and based on that, the decisions that you should make. It became associated with careers - they had kids take it in school to tell them what they should focus on studying and what jobs they would be good at in the future. Employers made you take the test to determine whether or not to hire you. It got way out of hand. That did die down, but I still see people swear by it and hear about situations where people still try to use it for life-altering decisions.

That being said, I do think it’s a lot of fun and can help you get started on some introspection of your own. :) It’s not useless or stupid - it’s quite clever and impressively done. It’s just not as reliable as people try to male it out to be.

The problem I always have is twofold...  1) my answers to many of the test questions are true* rather than true, meaning that they would really only be accurate if I could elaborate further, and that elaboration might invalidate any given question, and 2) from what I understand the test is really just intended to help narrow down which of the 16 types most like apply/applies (so you don’t have to read and reflect upon all 16).  When I actually read the type descriptions, none of them fit me.

The only part that’s really conclusively true for me is that I’m more introvert than extravert, and that I am totally intuiting (I live in my head) rather than sensing (living in the body).  Two of my partners have been sensing and there’s just no commonality in the way we experience things.  I can always tell when a writer is sensing because, again, their way of experiencing the world is so foreign to me.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:25 PM, Taylor Lilith said:

I'm very odd for an ace.  I'm an ENFP and it fits me slow close that it's eerie

I'm an ENFP too! 

• 2 weeks later...

I just took the test and got INFJ, it was kind of interesting to see how accurate the description of INFJ fit me, both the good and bad quality's.

Then mine fluctuates a lot, but lately I've been more infj.

• 2 weeks later...
Maya the Composer

Another extrovert here! ENTJ

"[For introversion and extroversion,] you either get an 'I' or an 'E' score. It's a true/false kind of test. It limits the variance of it," says Riggio. "Most other personality tests measure as a continuum. They can say, 'You're a little bit I,' or, 'You're on the borderline,' or, 'You're a little bit E.'"

Uhh, nah, it's not just one or the other.  Just look at my sig.

Sure, it picks a letter depending on what's most dominant, even if it's just by a little bit, but it does still measure.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:05 PM, Skycaptain said:

Come now. 

Myers-Briggs is second most talked about topic on AVEN after the definition of asexulity 😋 😋 

And crazy sex positions! That's everyone's favourite topic around here :P

ENTP-A

Typically at least. My extroversion is very moderate however. I need people to talk to but if it's the wrong type of people I get extreamly drained from the conversation.

I had to take the test to know and i find the results pretty cool, lol

I'm INFJ-T

Also its interesting how most of us are

I(introverted) N(intuitive) and something else.

Archived