Is there an AVEN for other sexualities?

Katto

Like a GVEN for gay people, a BVEN for bi people, a TVEN for trans people, and so on and so forth...

Or the Omnisexual Visibility and Education Network = the OVEN. Don't go there if you can't handle the heat.

I don't know if there are organizations exactly like AVEN for other identities, but there are other forums for them. There's ShyBi for bi people (actually only bi women), Pulse (I think that's what it's called) and Susan's Place for trans people, and then there are ones for LGBT in general like Empty Closets and LGBT Chat. YMMV on the activity level and enjoyableness of these sites.

1 hour ago, Katto said:

Like a GVEN for gay people, a BVEN for bi people, a TVEN for trans people, and so on and so forth...

TENI (trans equality network ireland) which I thought had a forum but I was wrong. I did remember lurking on a forum for transgender people in 

I think for the most part that forums for other sexualities  and gender identities that more people identify as, might be more organised by geographical location while we're international. 

Juno Dawson in her excellent book the gender games wrote

"pansexual, demisexual, asexual, genderqueer, genderfluid, and so many more" are "creating their own tribes - first online and increasingly in the real world

2 hours ago, CBC said:
2 hours ago, daveb said:

How about a SVEN for sexuals? ;) 

Sounds like a super buff Nordic dude.

Maybe INGA for those into women? :lol: 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
18 hours ago, Katto said:

I don't think so but it would be great. The names sound cool but funny enough for sure :D Count me in!

there reeeeeeeeally needs to be something for us objectophiles... we have nowt. but then we're not accepted as a "sexuality" we will always just be damaged goods that need to be fixed or thrown out 😥

3 hours ago, oshawott said:

there reeeeeeeeally needs to be something for us objectophiles... we have nowt. but then we're not accepted as a "sexuality" we will always just be damaged goods that need to be fixed or thrown out 😥

“objectophiles”?

Anthracite_Impreza
6 hours ago, oshawott said:

This is something we really need to consider doing ourselves. I'm not in the right headspace right now, but maybe when things calm down.

3 hours ago, Katto said:

“objectophiles”?

Another word for objectum (a)sexuality, ie. our orientation is towards objects instead of people.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:47 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

This is something we really need to consider doing ourselves. I'm not in the right headspace right now, but maybe when things calm down.

Another word for objectum (a)sexuality, ie. our orientation is towards objects instead of people.

That’s..interesting.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Katto said:

Oh! I found a forum for trans people called TransPulse. Here’s the link:

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/

I think that's the one TheAP was talking about.

I've lurked around there, it's not very active. It does have some information, so there's that.

• 1 year later...
Alaska Native Manitou
On 9/20/2018 at 2:57 PM, OptimisticPessimist said:

There's Arocolypse forums for Aromanticism. 

https://www.arocalypse.com/   Come on by, it could use more activity.  You can even choose your own profile wallpaper (png images only).

Archived