Favorite Album?

sldkifijenslk

8 hours ago, MelDanielle said:

What is your all-time favorite album, and why?

I am huge Michael Jackson fan I'm gonna have to go with Thriller haha A very famous album but there is always a good song to listen on there so Thriller it is :)

What is yours?

Speaking about music, let me randomly ask, do you know Jose Gonzalez? I just listened to Heartbeat and I think he's great!

One of my favorites is Regional At Best by Twenty One Pilots. Their music is so deep. This is one of their older albums which makes it even better!

Hard to pick one. I guess it can rotate a bit depending on my mood. But one that is always amazing is My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

I'm really horrible at picking favourites, it's so hard to choose when you love so many.  

However, I've been listening to Nai Palm's recent debut "Needle Paw" almost every day for the last couple of weeks, so it's a new favourite at least.  It's a balm for my aching soul.

@MelDanielle I love Sufjan Stevens too!  I'm one of those who love his "Age of Adz" album, I think it's my favourite of actually.  I love the boisterous complexity blended with tender humanity.  Such an awesome metaphor for the story it tells.  The final track often brings me to tears.

"Illinois" and "Carrie and Lowell" are also great, and I love the first 5 Christmas EP's.

Developed to be rather a Queen/Freddie Mercury and David Bowie fan, most of the popular albums and singles.

PhoenixInFlames

Super difficult question, but Fall Out Boy has always been my favorite band, and Save Rock And Roll my favorite album by them.  So that's the easy answer, otherwise it depends on the mood I'm in.  I also really like Attention Attention by Shinedown, Night People by You Me At Six and Human by Three Days Grace. And lately I've been listening to Night Argent's 2 EP's. 

Aria Ravenclaw

It's just hard to pick one The White Stripes first album, Milk Eyed Mender by Joanna Newsom, Baduizm (Erykah Badu), Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, ....I could go on forever I love all types of music X_X 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Well, it's two in my case:

Bon Jovi - Keep the Faith

Muse - Showbiz

Why? Because it has the most powerful, deep and meaningful songs on it, conneted to the most beautiful but painful  time of my life.

Needless to say, my favourite albums are by Queen! :D 

Some of my favourite albums are:

• "The Works" - This was the very first Queen album my family bought, and was the album that got me into Queen.
  • "The Miracle"
  • "Queen II" - This was Queen's second album and one of the earliest Queen albums I bought.  I got it around the time I got a copy of "The Miracle" as well as the "Innuendo" album.  There are so many tracks on "Queen II" that I love, and could play over and over again.
  • "Innuendo" - This album was the last album that Queen released before Freddie passed away.  On reflection after his passing, many of his songs took on a different meaning for me, especially "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" and "The Show Must Go On".

I wouldn’t call it the best, but Fleetwood Mac’s Tango in the Night is pure nostalgia for me. Madonna’s True Blue is a close second for the same reason.

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

This is a really hard question ;-;

I can't say I have a favorite album, but I will say that there are currently lots of different songs by Gorillaz that I like .3.

Implements of Hell, Suicide Commando. 

fuck yeah.

I haven't got an absolute favourite, although there are plenty of great ones out there. A few that would be up there for me would be Reign in Blood by Slayer, Redfog by Orbit Culture, and maybe Master of Puppets by Metallica off the top of my head.

It's so hard to pick just one, but if I had to choose it'd probably be In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson. In just five songs it explored and experimented with music progressing the rock genre. Each track explores its concept thoroughly and I emotionally connect with all of them. Each track features a unique palette of instruments with lots of improvisation and sometimes allusions to other songs. The lyrics on each track are written by poet Peter Sinfield and they paint dystopian, chaotic landscapes and some very serene, beautiful scenes. I also really love the cover art, I have a painting of it hanging up in my room.

• 1 month later...

Love - Forever Changes

It's psychedelic, and it's really pretty dark. Not like let's all take acid and love nature kind of psychedelic. Beautiful

My personal favorite album is "Divenire" by Ludovico Einaudi.

It's pure classical music brilliance.

Usually when I think of "best" albums it has to be something I can listen to a lot and like every song in said album so...

1. Gorillaz, Plastic Beach: by far their best work yet
  2. Ugly Duckling, Meat Shake: I not very experienced in hip-hop, but I like this one
  3. Abandoned Pools, Humanistic: Some really good alt rock
  4. Billy Talent, Dead Silence: I use to listen to this every night for about 2 months
  5. Megadeth, Rust in Piece: Favorite when it comes to Metal
i3utterflyeffect

Augh, so hard to choose! I'd have to go with The Branches by Radical Face, The Masquerade by Go! Child, or All This Bad Blood by Bastille.

Knight of Cydonia

Origin of Symmetry by Muse. It has my favourite song of all time on it ("Citizen Erased") and was inspired by a fascinating physics concept (supersymmetry) which is in line with my interests. Every song is solid, and the album overall has a really unique sound compared to other stuff out there.

Minor Earth, Major Sky by a-ha. 

It's the first album by them that I bought, so it has a special place in my heart, and it has has my ultimate favourite track; Summer Moved On. It's a very good album to listen to if you're in a bit of a low mood, or just want some calmer music (while listening to Morten Harket's amazing voice :lol: )

Archived