Advice?

stay-for-the-pie

stay-for-the-pie

So being ace has never really been an issue for me it’s always just been ‘oh I can’t feel sexual attraction and the idea of having sex with anyone is not something I really want to do, ever. So?’ But I like this guy and I have an inkling that he likes me from the way he acts around me and what people have said but I just got hit with this overwhelming feeling of ‘it would never work long term because he’s going to want to have sex and I can’t comfortably fulfil that need’ and now I can’t help thinking that I’m unlovable because of this godforsaken sexuality and I won’t be considered normal because our society is driven by sex (and money but that’s not the point I’m trying to make). He’s a nice guy so if I said so I know he’d say he would be cool with it but I’ll never be enough for him or anyone and now the whole ‘aces are broken’ thing has started to get to me and it just freaking sucks because he never had a problem with it before. Is anyone going or been through something similar who can give advice or something of the sort?

Assuming you two ever become a thing, you may wanna try bringing up this subject with him and getting his take on it as a (presumably) rational adult male capable of making his own decisions regarding his personal life, instead of just guessing and answering for him.  He might appreciate that.

5 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Assuming you two ever become a thing, you may wanna try bringing up this subject with him and getting his take on it as a (presumably) rational adult male capable of making his own decisions regarding his personal life, instead of just guessing and answering for him.  He might appreciate that.

I like how you worded that. So, yes! I will agree with Philip027 here, I think you should ask him! don't just guess what will happen; you might be happily surprised :) 

All The Thoughts

You may worry that he’s too nice to say how he feels but you’d never truly know his perspective on the issue unless you ask him (going off of if you two do get together). It certainly couldn’t hurt to get how he feels over the topic

Archived