What's Your Dream Job

Roidgy

I can't actually work due to disability but I Can Dream,

Personally.... I wish I could get a job at GameStop. Jus stand there all day makin fun of nerds. 

Less feasibly tho, I'd like to direct my own show... it's my life goal but I doubt I'll ever get there.

Bit more likely, but still improbable, I would love working at a zoo or anything with animals I could get up close with. I go to the petting zoo every chance I get and just sit and pet the cows.

Yeah I'm not working either because of chronic health shit. I'd love to be able to.

Dream job? Public radio journalist. That was what my career goal was for many years.

Barring that, I'd like to be a phlebotomist. As someone who's had exponentially more bloodwork done in the past couple decades than most people do in their lives, I've developed a fascination with it. 

Technically, I was going to school for journalism, and I'm really interested in high fashion these days, so I guess a fashion writer or investigative journalism like I was originally going to do- it was my goal to work for Human Rights Watch, but the risk these days for journalists is really high.

Anthracite_Impreza

Quite honestly, I think I need to stop overthinking it and go back to the first real job I ever wanted as a nipper - train driver. Specifically a freight train driver, but all trains are awesome so... What puts me off is that I'll end up befriending them and it'll kill me when we're separated 😕

I worked in a video game shop once and it was great! I could play video games all day and get paid for it, I would just pause to take care of clients and then sometimes they'd just come in to watch me play or we'd play together. I'd organise little tournaments too with prizes, it was really great. It felt like a vacation but I was just replacing someone for a few months :( Otherwise I would've loved to keep doing that lol @Roidgy I'm also not working at the moment because of an illness :(

My dream job though... idk, I never really thought of that. I never had big dreams or big plans so I guess I could do many jobs... but I'd be happy if I could work somehow in peace. Not to noisy or with people on your back every 5 minutes... that's a no no for me. Let me breathe, let me work. Tell me what you want, how you want it and then leave me the fluff alone lol

Dream job, hm... where to start

(In no particular order)

Idea 1:Museum Worker that needs to know history, anthropology, economics, and geography

Idea 2:Foreign Correspondent

Idea 3:Archaeologist

Idea 4:Politician

Idea 5:Think Tank Thinker that needs to know history, anthropology, economics, politics, and geography

Idea 6:Macroeconomist for a Central Bank

So many options, I guess that's good.

Honestly, my dream job has always been a Spanish Translator, from the time I was in 6th grade and the language bug bit me. But I realize with my chronic conditions, I know I need more of a stable and desk job, if you know what I mean.

the.avocado.rat.lord

I'd like to be working as a video game tester, or something along those lines. I also want to be successful with my Etsy business and the two online stores I'm trying to set up. *sigh* If only Wix didnt charge so damn much to upgrade a site so you can except payments.

Satsuriku_No_Tenshi

I work in retail. I'm a supervisor so I've got some management experience under my belt. At one time I did want to become a retail manager but the long hours are just silly and through you get flexibility you're expected to give away your weekends and Christmases. It can be enjoyable but I don't want to sacrifice all of my weekends and also work silly hours all the time.

My dream job would therefore be a boutique manager selling couture or high fashion where the hours are doable and where they shut by 7pm. But these jobs are hard to find.

For me, my dream job would be any one of three: bus driver, locksmith, or elevator engineer. 

When I was a kid, those are the jobs I wanted to do when I grew up. My actual job I have ended up doing is something very different to all of those. 

Lottery winner or trust fund baby.

But seriously, getting paid to do research sounds pretty cool too. I actually quite like my current job(low stress office work where I can just sit in my cubicle wrapped in a blanket all day), but I’d like to be paid more.

I have too many dream jobs, which makes me regret my life decisions. I would love to be an astrophysicist, cosmologist, any job related to forensic science, an agent in an intelligence agency, zoo keeper or a shopkeeper of a stationary shop. 

I'd like to do geological research, ideally somewhere exotic, like Iceland. I'm currently studying for a degree in Geological Science, so this is a Realistic Life Goal for me.

Being a scientist on board a spaceship, however, probably isn't.

My dream was  to become a falconer, but there's no formation and there aren't many posts available. Which is the case for most jobs for taking care of animals.

More realistically, I'd like to work as a video game translator. I've just started my fifth year at university, I study audiovisual translation.

i want to be a popstar like beyonce, lady gaga, ariana grande or rihanna . its why im called beyonce (also because beyonce is a really cool name)

Astronaut in the first manned mission to Mars I guess :D

If that's too specific (since half of that statement is not describing a job but rather details of an assignment), then I'll pick... I dunno, maybe still astronaut! xD

I'll also take president of a country (preferably the US). That's kind of a job, right? :D (Finally fix those non-functioning politics!). On a more realistic side, I have actually thought about going into politics at some point, so who knows, maybe I'll try it one day (not president; the politics in general part)

Otherwise, some idealized scientist profession will also do. Neurobiologist, theoretical physicist, something like that - though I assume they're realistically probably way over-hyped and not all that interesting as pop culture makes them out to be.

With all of the above being said, I'm actually very happy in my chosen field (software development), so while the above might be dream jobs, I'm happy with the more realistic (and more suited to my skill set) path I have chosen :D 

I would love to have a job where I can be by myself for long periods of time, reading. Since I was a kid, I've known that I wanted a career surrounded by books. I've always wanted to write professionally, but editing and proofreading would be great, too.

Nea Rose Symphony

Vet tech. Which I'm going to college for really soon after so many years of life setbacks

My dream job is being an illustrator, but with the freedom of subject matter and consistent income. I also want to be a comic artist.

Oh, I guess if there were no restrictions or worries whatsoever I'd like to do more imagination-driven pursuits. More things like writing, music, maybe even game design (but I have admittedly little experience in that area). It's one thing to do those on the side as hobbies, but being able to do them as jobs without having to worry about time or money? That'd be great. 

Purple Pumpkin

I'd like to be an architect, or interior designer, or fashion designer. Any job where I get to design stuff. 

A best selling author. I also want to work with children. I would love to be a teacher, but the biggest problem I’ve seen in public schools is kids with severe behavioral problems being put in general classrooms when they need specialized care. I would love to teach the kids, but I can’t deal with some kid trashing my room on a daily basis. 

It used to be journalism. And I also always wanted to be a writer. Well I can't become a journalist, because it's very difficult to become one if you don't go to university. And I'm never gonna go to university, sadly... But I can still be a writer, I think.. Other than writing, I'm kinda interested in computers and technology, so like a job working on them is an option.. I'm not sure about that tough. Also, just anything related to media at all has interested me

I also have dreamed of working with animals. As a kid I wanted to be a vet, not anymore though... 

Archived