Pumpkin

RoseGoesToYale

How do you feel about pumpkin use?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think pumpkin should be put into all different foods in fall?

• YES, bring on the pumpkin!
    • Maybe some treats, but not everything
    • Only in savory dishes
    • Don't care either way
    • NO, pumpkin is disgusting!
    • Never had pumpkin, so can't say
  2. 2. Which pumpkin treats do you like, if any?

• Pumpkin pie
    • Pumpkin spice latte
    • Pumpkin chai
    • Oven-baked pumpkins
    • Pumpkin pastry (muffins, scones, etc.)
    • Savory dishes (soup, hash, etc.)
    • Other (explain below)
    • Do seeds count?
    • Don't like/eat pumpkin
  3. 3. Do you carve pumpkins?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never even seen a pumpkin before
  4. 4. Do you smash pumpkins? (Hopefully your own...)

• Yes, haha!
    • No
    • What is a pumpkin and why would you smash one?

This poll is closed to new votes

I bought some pumpkin spice English muffins at the grocery store today. Haven't tried them yet.

Purple Pumpkin

I will eat literally anything pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavored. But I don't think I'd like just straight up, plain pumpkin. 

WinterWanderer

I think it's important to distinguish between "pumpkin spice" and "pumpkin."

Pumpkin spice is the blend of spices that you will find in every store item that's labeled "pumpkin spice" this time of year. It's literally just spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. They're only called that because they're the typical blend of spices that go into pumpkin pie. A few years ago, someone thought they would start marketing that "pumpkin pie spice" flavor and decided it should go in everything, and corporations now make millions of dollars off this new "fad." But in reality, these spices have been around for thousands of years....

And most of these products don't have pumpkin in them. They're just dyed orange. It's a bit of a misnomer.

I love these spices. But I think it's silly that people are obsessed with "pumpkin spice" now. The spices are used for wayyyy more than just the pumpkin spice stuff.

I also love pumpkin! With or without the traditional spices. Creamy pumpkin soup, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin, pumpkin chili... pumpkin everything! When it's not pumpkin season, I tend to substitute sweet potatoes, with similar results.

WinterWanderer
On 9/20/2018 at 1:10 PM, kiaroskuro said:

Pumpkin chai, never heard of that. The pumpkin pie spice mix is very similar to the spices used for Masala chai, isn't it? So I wonder how pumpkin chai is different from regular chai.

Probably not very different. The only thing different about "pumpkin spice" versus other blends of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, is that it's called that. It's pretty much just a fad. A delicious fad ;)

1 hour ago, Rynn said:

A few years ago, someone thought they would start marketing that "pumpkin pie spice" flavor and decided it should go in everything, and corporations now make millions of dollars off this new "fad." But in reality, these spices have been around for thousands of years....

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Rynn said:

And most of these products don't have pumpkin in them. They're just dyed orange. It's a bit of a misnomer.

Yep. Hence my confusion over 'pumpkin tea'.

• 1 year later...

@GhostGoesToWail

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived