am i possibly ace?

stargazing

so, i’m not sure if i’m ace or not. i’ve had sexual fantasies about girls and i think i experience a little sexual attraction (i’ve thought about having sex with a girl i’ve seen) but when it comes to actually have sex i feel a little disgusted and don’t want to do it. am i ace (or on the spectrum) or am i just like celibate or smth? i don’t have any specific religious beliefs or any pressure not to have sex, i just don’t really want to.

-alexis

• Like 2

This sounds a lot like what I've experienced. I've tried dating for YEARS and every time there was anything romantic or sexual, I would always think "aw, why do I have to do this? why can't we just hang out". I have experienced sexual attraction, but it's so rare occurring. It sounds like you might be on the spectrum. I would do some research yourself and see what labels you resonate with. 

• Like 1
Juliatransdress

I agree with Coddiwomple. No one here can 100% say if you are Ace. However this site can give you really good info.

• Like 2

How old are you? It's normal to feel uncertain and not actually want to follow through when you're young and inexperienced, and not ready to actually have sex with anyone yet.

• Like 1

Take some time to figure yourself out, as to whether your disgust stems from your asexuality or something else. Otherwise, as Coddiwomple said, no need to force yourself with a label. Choose the label which you feel the most comfortable with. 

You sound like me and I have no clue. Right now I’m guessing I’m not ace but I don’t really know.