Bottom dysphoria or sex repulsed?

LittleJ

Hi I’m afab and I don’t know if I’m feeling dysphoria or if it’s a sexual repulsed thing or something else. 

So ive never really liked my bottom half. When I was really little I always thought it would be cool to pee standing up and be a boy. I got older and I always thought it was gross to touch down there, not because of  a religion saying it’s wrong or anything, I just thought it was a gross thing and I didn’t want to put my hands anywhere near it. Puberty happened and knowing that people masturbated and got wet, it made it even worse in my mind because ew that’s gross why would you touch it if it’s wet like that it seems disgusting. A little after I was probably 17 it became less gross though I still never wanted to touch myself down there for any reason, I did get to the point where if I was having a bath I could to wash or whatever. I don’t know if that’s what bottom dysphoria is like or if that’s what sex repulsion is like 

theMOONmonarch

I experience something similar. I am disgusted by genitals, their smell, the fluid, everything about them, (except the way they look, I can enjoy drawing them) of both sexes, but especially my own genitals. And I can't stand pubic hair. 😣 I have an extremely high libido, but I only ever touch myself through clothes. I consider myself sex-repulsed. I don't experience gender dysphoria though, so I can't give perspective on it. 

For me, I think I have both. I’ve been vaguely grossed out by the idea of sex since I knew what it was, and as I’ve gotten older that feeling has expanded to include pretty much anything involving human genitalia. However, I also wish my own were somewhere between male and sexless, which is impossible with current medical knowledge, so I definitely have dysphoria involved.

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I also have both. So yeah, can't really help you 😕

On 9/16/2018 at 11:04 PM, Atra said:

I experience something similar. I am disgusted by genitals, their smell, the fluid, everything about them, (except the way they look, I can enjoy drawing them) of both sexes, but especially my own genitals. And I can't stand pubic hair. 😣 I have an extremely high libido, but I only ever touch myself through clothes. I consider myself sex-repulsed. I don't experience gender dysphoria though, so I can't give perspective on it. 

I’m not really disgusted by genitals in general I think because I don’t really care about male genitals. I haven’t had a sexual experience with someone so I don’t know if I’d be disgusted if it got to that point. Touching only through clothes is something I do though 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:49 AM, nelpogrando said:

For me, I think I have both. I’ve been vaguely grossed out by the idea of sex since I knew what it was, and as I’ve gotten older that feeling has expanded to include pretty much anything involving human genitalia. However, I also wish my own were somewhere between male and sexless, which is impossible with current medical knowledge, so I definitely have dysphoria involved.

I was a little grossed out by the idea of sex when I knew what it was because it just seemed gross and unhygienic or something. I did used to think that I would have rathered a penis for some reason because it seemed easier and less gross. Like with masturbation I thought for guys it was easier and less gross. So maybe that’s a little bit of dysphoria...  

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief
15 minutes ago, LittleJ said:

What do you feel with both? What’s that like? 

Well I get intrusive thoughts about sexual acts around the bottom area but the line starts blurring and all of a sudden I'm thinking self harm thoughts around the area too. Is confusing but essentially it's pretty obvious my brain's trying to tell me I don't like the area nor do I want to do anything with it. Plus I had a kinda traumatic thing happen as a kid with another kid which led to me repressing, not telling anyone and having a lot of shame around all things sexual so that probably feeds into the sex repulsed thing too.

12 hours ago, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Well I get intrusive thoughts about sexual acts around the bottom area but the line starts blurring and all of a sudden I'm thinking self harm thoughts around the area too. Is confusing but essentially it's pretty obvious my brain's trying to tell me I don't like the area nor do I want to do anything with it. Plus I had a kinda traumatic thing happen as a kid with another kid which led to me repressing, not telling anyone and having a lot of shame around all things sexual so that probably feeds into the sex repulsed thing too.

Oh okay. I’m sorry something traumatic happened to you

• 1 year later...
somethingartsy
On 9/18/2018 at 10:26 AM, Lonemathsytoothbrushthief said:

Wow it took me way too long to find this thread 😕

This is exactly how I feel. Very weird harm thoughts, and it gets 10x worse with libido.

I know a lot of my past thoughts around this were OCD-like and intrusive, but now that I can recognize it... I have no idea. I used to be compulsively clean, which definitely caused some of the sex-repulsion. That's mostly gone, but the "get it off of my body now" thoughts have gotten stronger.

I have bottom dysphoria, and this sounds pretty much like how I've always felt about it. I used to think it meant I was sex repulsed because I literally couldn't even imagine doing anything with my parts ever, but when I started thinking about sex imagining myself with male parts then I wasn't repulsed at all. I can't do anything with my parts irl, but if it's in my mind with the parts I'd feel comfortable having then the idea of sex is fine or even enjoyable. 

So yeah if you're curious maybe try imagining yourself with different parts and see how that feels, if you're still grossed out by the idea of sexual acts or if they're suddenly not as bad, and that might give you an idea if it's just dysphoria or sex repulsion or both. Also hmm, tmi question maybe but do you feel that way about genitals in general or just your own? That might also hint at the answer.

Pretty sure I have both, I'm repulsed by all kinds of genitalia; and I think it'd be difficult and useless to differentiate between dysphoria and sex repulsion because mine interact anyway... I think sex repulsion is just as valid as gender dysphoria imo. 

This thread has not been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Laurann, moderator

Archived