Lord Jade Cross

ArchangelAlbatross

#1 easy.  Just based on who I am. 

Struggling and scrapping to survive sounds abysmal.  Having the time of my life, fulfilling all my dreams... three years sounds like a lifetime. 

Option 2, because in order to understand the world and humanity it will require more than 3 years. Although it will be a hard life you would gain a perspective on life and humanity that you would not have. And who knows, since you are living longer than others you could devote your time to find a way to get out of this odd cycle. Maybe make a trip to Mars or etc. also with your extended life.

(Also I don't think I could cram everything I want to see on Planet Earth into 3 years)

WinterWanderer

Given that I don't want to live to be 100, option #1 sounds better to me.

In general, though, regardless of what life throws at me, I try to enjoy any good things that come my way. Life sucks, but there's often a silver lining. Can be hard to find sometimes.

I would choose 1, and instead of using the unlimited money and lack of obstacles to live a lavish life, I would funnel it to every endeavour that I believe will save everyone else, from cancer research to anti-corruption laws.

Alejandrogynous

Isn't #2 just life anyway? I can just keep doing what I'm doing and live to be 100, sounds fine to me.

14 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

I would choose 1, and instead of using the unlimited money and lack of obstacles to live a lavish life, I would funnel it to every endeavour that I believe will save everyone else, be it cancer research to anti-corruption laws.

Precisely! It is estimated that around $30 billion per year is necessary to cure world hunger, which is less than half of what the UK spends yearly on its military and defence—military literally being something designed for murdering other humans. The best thing would be if the money is taken from the elite, and handed to people who want to make the world a better place for everyone. Then, your 3 years could be worth perhaps more than anything you could do in 100.

All The Thoughts
17 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

I would choose 1, and instead of using the unlimited money and lack of obstacles to live a lavish life, I would funnel it to every endeavour that I believe will save everyone else, from cancer research to anti-corruption laws.

I’d want to do the exact same thing!

selfdeleted9/16/18
1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

Suppose that you are given two choices.

1) You get to do absolutely everything you want. There are no barriers, you will have unlimited money, perfect health, no obstacles whatsoever. You can travel the world, live in the most expensive of places, anything you desire. But theres a catch; you only have 3 years to do it because at the end of those three years, you die.

2) You get to live till 100. But you will live struggling the whole way through. Scrapping to survive, having to continously resort to various methods, some you might not even like to go on.

Which path do you chose and why?

path 1 because i don’t really want to live that long anyway and having to scrape about to get by sounds horrible

Well if I only have 3 years to accomplish everything and I die at the end, couldn't I just wait until I'm older? If it's at any time I choose that really sounds like the best option.

If not and it starts from the day you're born then I'd go with 2, I don't think I could accomplish that much as a 1 to 3 year old.

I'm altruistic, so #1 for sure. I could have a far greater impact on this planet in those three years, than in those 100 in option #2. It wouldn't even be about me, but rather leaving an impact on this world, through initiatives that would live on long after I died. You can never die, if you positively impact the lives of others. I live my life like I could be gone tomorrow, and would hate to take on an option that would stop me from doing so, and just existing.

I'd rather die young and remembered, than old and quickly forgotten about.

I'm not afraid of death (a couple health scares, and staring down the barrel of a gun someone is pointing at you tend to remove any fear from your heart of it) (its inevitable, so why fear something you're guaranteed to undergo). I'm afraid of a life with zero purpose. Struggle can be blinding, to where you'll often due to it, will be stuck in a mindset where all you can see are your problems. Its shamefully wasteful of life.

With the opportunity of option #1, to me it would open doors and opportunities which I could pay forward one thousandfold.

Taking it literal, absolutely number one. I'd take a day of unlimited money, don't need no three years.

Donate unlimited money to all the charitable organizations out there (and likely give a whole ton to my family for good measure) and I can bite the dust in peace :)

Taking it more in a "short with lots of perks" vs "long but starting from rock bottom" sense, now that's a harder one to answer and would probably require more outlining. But if that was the intent behind the question, I might certainly end up opting for number two.

Option 1 

Who wants to live to 100 unless you have quality of life? 

Number one sounds like a dream come true. I've already struggled with so much; I don't care to live to 100 whilst continuing to struggle, that sounds like hell. On the other hand, especially given that health and money have been my biggest barriers to doing what I want, option one sounds amazing. I'm going to die young because of my health anyway.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
11 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Suppose that you are given two choices.

1) You get to do absolutely everything you want. There are no barriers, you will have unlimited money, perfect health, no obstacles whatsoever. You can travel the world, live in the most expensive of places, anything you desire. But theres a catch; you only have 3 years to do it because at the end of those three years, you die.

2) You get to live till 100. But you will live struggling the whole way through. Scrapping to survive, having to continously resort to various methods, some you might not even like to go on.

Which path do you chose and why?

#2. Live is meant to be challenging. I'm not the one to chose the easy path.

9 hours ago, SweetTart said:

If not and it starts from the day you're born then I'd go with 2, I don't think I could accomplish that much as a 1 to 3 year old.

That's actually a good question. My response, is with the assumption that you'd be of legal adult age in all countries on this planet, which correct me if wrong, is 21 (hence the no obstacles). If not, then I'd clearly go with option #2, as option # 1 is otherwise rather useless.

Also if its the case, you'd literally dying right when you start to hit the prime years of your life.

I choose number one, all the way.

I could literally be as lazy as I want, buy anything I want, do as much charity work as I want, travel... basically do everything I've ever wanted.

Most people want to live a really long time, but I'm perfectly fine with dying young, in fact I prefer it, living is overrated, life sucks, especially when you're poor. And I'd rather not suffer through old age.

I know life has a lot of struggles and challenges anyway, but the way number 2 is worded makes it seem much worse. I don’t make a lot of money and I do go without a lot of things to save money, but “scraping by to survive” makes me think I could be straight up homeless, or at least living in some shack in extreme poverty. “Having to resort to various methods, some you may not like”, that could mean at some point I might have to be a prostitute or something, or *gulp* have to work in customer service. 😛

21 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Its not so bad. All you have to do is not have a soul 😂

Yep, been there done that lol.

RoseGoesToYale

#1. The prospect of even 80 years makes me too passive already.

2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Yeah just imitate Squidward and you'll be fine!

2 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I know life has a lot of struggles and challenges anyway, but the way number 2 is worded makes it seem much worse. I don’t make a lot of money and I do go without a lot of things to save money, but “scraping by to survive” makes me think I could be straight up homeless, or at least living in some shack in extreme poverty. “Having to resort to various methods, some you may not like”, that could mean at some point I might have to be a prostitute or something, or *gulp* have to work in customer service. 😛

Isn't there something even worse than customer service? I think there is but I can't remember what it was...🤔

I just know nobody usually mentions it cause it's so scary...

Well that's an interesting question to ponder. I'm assuming that there really is no limit(within reason). My personality is allowed to do as it pleases in either choice. I'd pick option one. I already live in option two. And I've lived and touched on the arguably darker parts of option two. 

I wouldn't pick option one for the sake of fun. I'd pick it for the sake of what I'm doing right now. Three years is a very long time for me. I could do a lot in that timespan. With unlimited money alone I could play markets with ease, crush them or rebuild them. In three years I could do a lot to the world and try to set things for the better before I drop. Really, that's my game plan if I have cancer. Should I ever contract something that I can't beat, then I'll work as long as I can on the shittiest but well paying job to help save some money up for my family to help plot their future along and make the road a little easier.

In this case, option one would be the same thing, just on a much wider scale. Then I could go take my well earned nap knowing that I at least attempted something of worth with all that power.

Number 1, because I don't want to live to be 60 anyway. Plus I love traveling and living to 100 just through struggling sounds horrific. 

I am one of those ppl that works to get what I want, not to benefit others *_* I am not that nice :lol: decent? Probably, but definitely not martyr material 🙄

1 hour ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Isn't there something even worse than customer service?

Returns or complaints departments for low cost goods. I have done returns for quite a few companies, when you are dealing with the type of person who would haggle down a 1$ item which clearly states no warranty on it, its a whole other level.

I have gotten death threats to teary guilt trips, you name it. 

Technically still customer service, though. 

Having to work another minimum wage retail entry level job like that, would have me jump off a building vs do that to 100.

Plus if there is no way out of your struggle even through crime, what's the point? 

I'd ignore my own morals struggling that badly. There is no way I could accept an entire life of extreme struggle. I'll take death, please and thanks.

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Check.

#1 all the way. I don't care about dragging on my existence unnecessarily long as is.

Archived