Lord Jade Cross

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Returns or complaints departments for low cost goods. I have done returns for quite a few companies, when you are dealing with the type of person who would haggle down a 1$ item which clearly states no warranty on it, its a whole other level.

I have gotten death threats to teary guilt trips, you name it. 

Technically still customer service, though. 

Having to work another minimum wage retail entry level job like that, would have me jump off a building vs do that to 100.

Plus if there is no way out of your struggle even through crime, what's the point? 

I'd ignore my own morals struggling that badly. There is no way I could accept an entire life of extreme struggle. I'll take death, please and thanks.

I second death! Does everyone agree? Yay or nay!

18 hours ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

I second death! Does everyone agree? Yay or nay!

I remember last week being served in customer service at a Canadian Tire outlet by a woman who looked to be at least 75 years old. 

She kept grumbling about retiring again after: "this shift". 

I mean, this is unfortunately very common. However, you could tell she had been bitched at all morning. 

I am told am easy to talk to so made the mistake of asking her how busy her morning was. I got her verbal diarrhea rant as a result. 

I still made light of it due to my personality, to where she gave me this: "please kill me" look as her printers and systems crashed to compound her shit day (with a long line of now pissed off clients waiting). 

Thought to myself if that's me at 75, I'm jumping off of a roof of a car. Who are we kidding. No way am climbing to a building's roof and that likely would be good enough. 

I don't care for luxury, but I'd choose option 1. I don't want to live to be 100 anyway. Even reaching the age of 80 sounds like a nightmare.

Fuck option 2.  Not only do I have to endure a torturous life, but I'll have to do it for that much longer?  What kind of incentive is that?

Some people already live to 100 anyway; my grandma might get there if she makes it 3 more years.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:36 AM, Gloomy said:

or *gulp* have to work in customer service. 😛

Hahaha! This made me laugh my head off!

This is not a hard decision for me--option 1 all the way!  I love @MichaelTannock's idea of contributing to all the causes I care about, and I'd start by donating to 1) the organizations trying to end the bear bile industry in Asia, and 2) the senate campaign of Beto O'Rourke. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa
On 9/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, Perspektiv said:

I remember last week being served in customer service at a Canadian Tire outlet by a woman who looked to be at least 75 years old.

...that'll be me in 16 years if the UK keep raising the pension age for women! 😆 Who am I kidding? That's me already! 

I don't see the benefit in having someone that old who is unhappy at their job causing all the customers pain as well. It's not beneficial to the economy or the population, especially in a time when younger people are struggling to find good careers.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, Jade Cross said:

Suppose that you are given two choices.

1) You get to do absolutely everything you want. There are no barriers, you will have unlimited money, perfect health, no obstacles whatsoever. You can travel the world, live in the most expensive of places, anything you desire. But theres a catch; you only have 3 years to do it because at the end of those three years, you die.

2) You get to live till 100. But you will live struggling the whole way through. Scrapping to survive, having to continously resort to various methods, some you might not even like to go on.

Which path do you chose and why?

So in other words do I want to be famous or an average joe? I would pick famous as right now Im struggling as an average joe. 

Archived