How do you know if you're biromantic?

River112

I'm asexual so I've never thought anyone was hot.  In the past, I've always considered myself heteroromatic, but I did question that I was bisexual for a little while.  I found this thing online that put my questioning to rest by saying, "Do you get butterflies?  Tingles?  Crush signals?  Ect." But recently, I've been questioning again.  My friends(all straight except one closeted bisexual) are all pretty "romantic" around each other I'd say.  Like we cuddle and hug and play with each other's hair and touch each other's butts and whatever like most girls.  I've never had a crush on a girl in the past, but if that's all there is to it, I think I'd be fine in a gay relationship.  Sometimes I look at girls and I imagine myself in a relationship with them(Mostly my closeted bisexual friend) and I don't think of anything different besides kissing.  How am I supposed to know if I'm biromantic or not?  Also, I find girls just as cute as guys.

FerlynnGoldbeard

If you find both girls and guys cute or you can imagine yourself in a relationship with either one (even if it's only one person in particular), then you could totally be biromantic. You don't have to find each gender equally attractive either. I identify as biromantic asexual, but I have a preference towards other women. I think a lot of young children experience crushes on their opposing gender long before they experience any sort of sexual preference, and some people form crushes on their own gender. My first crush ever was on my best friend who is also a girl (coincidentally she's also the first person that I I fell  in love with). Later down the road I realized that I also like boys. For me, it was sort of the "oh that makes sense" moment that I felt when I realized that I'm asexual. 

You could label yourself "bicurious" until you figure it out. If you date anyone or anything, I'd let them know you're questioning if you're bi or bicurious so they know you might not keep an interest in them. If you do try experimenting with a relationship before you're sure.

I didn't realize I could have feelings for the same gender until I got really excited when a friend mentioned they were bi, and then I began getting jealous when someone flirted with them. (I think I'm more demi towards girls, though, my attraction to them is a lot more rare than my attraction to guys.) I think, hypothetically, I would be perfectly fine being with another girl.

no-longer-in-use

You could be biromantic but you could also not be. Finding girls cute and being fine with imagining yourself in a relationship with a girl doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to girls. I would wait and see if you get a crush on a girl before labeling yourself.

Archived