AceQueenJGirl

Demi/grey ace attracted to multiple genders, but only one sex

Recommended Posts

AceQueenJGirl

I am on the asexual spectrum. I lean more toward demisexual or grey asexual rather than full blown asexual. Personality and emotional attraction takes precedence over sexual attraction. I am cool with all gender identities, but I want nothing to do with male genitalia. Is there a word for that? Maybe demipolysexual lesbian? Or is that a contradiction? 

 

Edit: I am a cisgender female dating a person who is non binary and trans masculine (born female). I dated a cisgender guy before my current partner. Penises do nothing for me. I'm not a fan of vaginas either. If I was single, I'd be cool being in a romantic relationship with a cisgender female, an AFAB who has not had sex reassignment surgery, or a AMAB who has had sex reassignment surgery. Basically I don't care about gender identity. I could be with a guy, but not a penis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAP

Moved from Intersectionality to The Grey Area.

 

TheAP

Intersectionality mod

 

I think since gender isn't determined by body parts, you would be pan-demisexual/greysexual who doesn't want to have sex involving a penis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philip027

Or just demi-homosexual (assuming you're female and/or have female equipment).

 

Sexual orientation is most commonly interpreted using sex, not gender.  (Unsurprisingly.)

 

If you got male equipment and you want to screw other people with male equipment, as far as the vast majority of society is concerned, you're gay/homosexual.  Gender doesn't factor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coddiwomple
On 9/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, TheAP said:

I think since gender isn't determined by body parts, you would be pan-demisexual/greysexual who doesn't want to have sex involving a penis.

There's definitely a debate to be had here, but it might be more convenient to just act like gender is determined by genitalia for the sake of labeling yourself. The rule isn't usually defined by the exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAP
5 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

There's definitely a debate to be had here, but it might be more convenient to just act like gender is determined by genitalia for the sake of labeling yourself. The rule isn't usually defined by the exception.

I'm not sure about that. Since most people are cis, the question of whether they can be attracted to trans people of their preferred gender might not ever come into question for most people. But if we define gender by genitalia, we run the risk of misgendering trans people. And since you can't see someone's genitalia by looking at them, it's not really the genitalia people are attracted to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coddiwomple
8 minutes ago, TheAP said:

I'm not sure about that. Since most people are cis, the question of whether they can be attracted to trans people of their preferred gender might not ever come into question for most people. But if we define gender by genitalia, we run the risk of misgendering trans people.

Sorry, I didn't really mean what I said about defining gender by genitalia. Of course you shouldn't misgender trans people. I meant it might be more convenient a woman who is only attracted to (biologically) female genitalia to label herself as homosexual, rather than "a woman who is only attracted to female genitalia".

 

8 minutes ago, TheAP said:

And since you can't see someone's genitalia by looking at them, it's not really the genitalia people are attracted to.

Well, yes. This definitely applies for romantic orientations. But for sexual orientations, genitalia definitely plays a role in whether you're attracted to someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAP
1 minute ago, Coddiwomple said:

I meant it might be more convenient a woman who is only attracted to (biologically) female genitalia to label herself as homosexual, rather than "a woman who is only attracted to female genitalia".

In most cases, probably yes. But it seems like the OP is willing to be in a romantic relationship with people of any genders. 

 

3 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

Well, yes. This definitely applies for romantic orientations. But for sexual orientations, genitalia definitely plays a role in whether you're attracted to someone.

Often, yes. Not always, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coddiwomple
1 minute ago, TheAP said:

In most cases, probably yes. But it seems like the OP is willing to be in a romantic relationship with people of any genders. 

 

Yeah, so that would make her a pan/bi/omniromantic homosexual, right? Am I missing something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAP
Just now, Coddiwomple said:

Yeah, so that would make her a pan/bi/omniromantic homosexual, right? Am I missing something here?

Well, maybe, but it seems like the sexual attraction extends to multiple genders as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coddiwomple
2 hours ago, TheAP said:

Well, maybe, but it seems like the sexual attraction extends to multiple genders as well.

Oh okay, the original post was a little unclear. In that case, yeah, I guess the OP is a just a bi/pan/omnisexual person who's only attracted to (biologically) female genitalia. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now