How Do Asexuals Find Eachother?

Steph_Catherine

Steph_Catherine
5 minutes ago, lilsunflower said:

My search with MeetAce is already over after an hour or so. Barely two pages of females 18-30 in the UK, mostly with no picture or profile information and looking for relationship with men. See, the weirder you are, the quicker you explore dating sites. 😆

Have to say, it's dissapointing how few people are on both of these sites/apps :( i agree as well that a lot of the ones who are on there are either far away or just don't have much info/pics about themselves

1 minute ago, Steph_Catherine said:

i agree as well that a lot of the ones who are on there are either far away or just don't have much info/pics about themselves

Yes it looks like everyone is putting up a basic profile just to have a look around. Have you been on OKCupid recently? I was on it a few years ago and there were very few aces.. has anything changed?

Steph_Catherine
Just now, lilsunflower said:

Yes it looks like everyone is putting up a basic profile just to have a look around. Have you been on OKCupid recently? I was on it a few years ago and there were very few aces.. has anything changed?

I don't think I've ever joined OkCupid. I've mainly used Tinder lol Which evidentally doesn't work well for asexuals. It's just annoying cause I would like someone in my life but it's just so hard to believe I'll find someone 😂

On 9/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, Steph_Catherine said:

I would like someone in my life but it's just so hard to believe I'll find someone 😂

If you are looking for hetero romance there's no reason to despair. :) Do you know ace-book.net? I've been on that as well, although in the last couple of days it looks offline. 

Update: I ran a search on my old OKC profile and wow, in Greater London the ace, demisexual, or sapiosexual girls looking for female seem to be about six. Encouraging as usual XD

Overall, I've had far and away the most success meeting people – including people within my geographic proximity – through participating in aromantic/asexual discord server communities. I've even witnessed a few romantic relationships come out of that scene. Granted, realistically your chances of finding a compatible romantic partner still probably aren't that high, but at least it's a good option for platonic friendships.

@Steph_Catherine 

2 of the most important people in my life are ace, one i meet in person at an aven meet, (who is now one of my best friends). The other, we started talking via PM, getting to know each other over several months. We realised we were squishing on each other, we are now in a platonic relationship

Tldr

Don't give up, it just may not happen overnight

LGBT+ bars, and pride events.
Haven't had a successful relationship come out of those but it's a great chance to meet people in a safer setting!

Archived