Spoiled Boy

Why do you celebrate your birthday?

CrazyMemeOwl

I don't really celebrate. I just don't find it necessary to throw a giant party over a regular day? I don't even celebrate my friends' birthdays too much (mostly cuz they don't either and I always get all of their birthdays mixed up), just a simple "happy birthday" is enough in my opinion.

MoonDancer

When I was a young adult, I saw no point in celebrating my birthday. It was just another day. As I've gotten older, I like to take the day off work. I don't necessarily do anything special, but I make it a self care day. I take it easy, do something I think is fun, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks I should do.

• Like 1

Lemonsky

When I was younger I used to enjoy throwing birthday parties but nowadays I don't celebrate that much. My birthday this year was just that I went out to eat with two friends while my other friends threw way bigger parties for theirs. Even though I'm not too keen on celebrating my birthday, it makes me feel valued when people give me birthday wishes. It's pleasant knowing that people still remember I exist!

On 9/13/2018 at 8:06 PM, Little Bear said:

For the cake, of course.

And this too, for sure. :cake:

• Like 1

Spoiled Boy
On 9/15/2018 at 12:31 AM, Hecate said:

@Spoiled Boy I'm getting a big stomach piece of a forest floor scene with some Art Nouvea flourishes in it. There's a lot of leaves, a stag skull, some invertebrates and other things you'd find. Since I don't want children it's not going to stretch that way. Yup a lot of the shops in the U.K. have a "look 25" policy so if they don't think you look that age to ask for ID. I certainly am not complaining! 😂

That sounds so cool! I love it when people take creative tattoos. 

Hah, some people take it as bad thing. Good that you're cool with it, otherwice it would become such pain in the ass for many years.

Ashara

Sorry you can't relate but I'm not saying no to free cake, free gifts and ppl who willingly want to shower me with attention. 😏

• Like 1

Spotastic
On 9/15/2018 at 8:22 PM, MoonDancer said:

When I was a young adult, I saw no point in celebrating my birthday. It was just another day. As I've gotten older, I like to take the day off work. I don't necessarily do anything special, but I make it a self care day. I take it easy, do something I think is fun, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks I should do.

Pretty much exactly this. A day to just relax and make yourself a priority. I still don't make a big deal out of it, but I try a bit more because of my wife. When I was on my own in the military, I just liked to hear birthday wishes from immediate family and that was the extent of things. You don't tell others in the Marine Corps that it's your birthday because you will catch hell for it. Hazing is still a very real thing.

SpaceDustbin

I don't really celebrate my birthday that much, but I always like to be around my family when I do. I live abroad now, so it's a good excuse to visit home again.

Basically, I make cake (our traditional no-bake cheesecake with outrageous colours - this year it was blue and yellow :lol: ), and in the evening go out with parents/brothers/grandparents for dinner or get Chinese takeaway :P.

In general I'm not too fond of going to other people's birthday parties - especially if you can expect that it will be late and people get drunk. Not my kind of scene. Though, last year one of my friends hosted a cake & hot chocolate party on the middle of the day, which was more my style :P

The Dryad

Honestly? It's just a day I get spoiled and where it's socially acceptable to wear a crown, I mean, I don't enjoy getting older, I guess I'm grateful I'm alive.....even though living sucks.

ArchangelAlbatross

I don't anymore.  I don't know how old I am.  The general decade, but I often forget.  Really. 

Kahlan

I never really celebrated it with a big party and all. As a kid I did it with my family, it was usually just spending the day out, eating at a restaurant, having some cake and a present.

Now it's just some cake and maybe a restaurant lol I guess I'm too old for presents but I really don't care. It's a regular day after all, I think on that day I should congratulate my mother for spending hours trying to pop me out... lol all congrats to her really lol