I’m demisexual and got asked out

Flamowisi

So school just started for me this year, and i’m in highschool. I’ve been sitting with a small table of people for lunch and I know a few of them. One of the guys has been helping me get to my classroom after lunch, and a few days ago I gave him my phone nunber and he proceeded to ask me to homecoming. I barely know this guy and wasn’t attracted to him in general (although usually I try to ignore that.) I turned him down politely, but he asked if we could “get to know eachother later in the year by going to football games and stuff.”

I’m all for getting to know people, but the idea of going to a football game with someone alone makes me incredibly uncomfortable and I don’t want to get to know someone just to date them. Also i’m worried that he mistook my general niceness for flirting for some reason, so idk what to do. Please help!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Flamowisi said:

So school just started for me this year, and i’m in highschool. I’ve been sitting with a small table of people for lunch and I know a few of them. One of the guys has been helping me get to my classroom after lunch, and a few days ago I gave him my phone nunber and he proceeded to ask me to homecoming. I barely know this guy and wasn’t attracted to him in general (although usually I try to ignore that.) I turned him down politely, but he asked if we could “get to know eachother later in the year by going to football games and stuff.”

I’m all for getting to know people, but the idea of going to a football game with someone alone makes me incredibly uncomfortable and I don’t want to get to know someone just to date them. Also i’m worried that he mistook my general niceness for flirting for some reason, so idk what to do. Please help!

Maybe try to talk to him politely and say you aren’t interested in dating right now, which sounds true anyway. If he invites you to these events you could just try asking if he’d rather do something else instead so that way you can get to know each other in a more comfortable context.