[ace cis-females] Thoughts on "Alpha male" type guys?

On 9/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, mreid said:

1. How do you feel about them?

2. Experiences with them?

3. How do you feel about the idea of being "taken care of" by such types, and playing a passive, stereotypically feminine role?

4. Do you think you might be a bit masculine personality-wise?

1. They honestly creep me out a bit, and seem a bit too controlling for me to like. In addition, from what I've seen of them (which, granted, has been in stereotype-filled media), they seem way too uncaring and disrespectful of people's wishes. I don't know how to explain it, but they seem... too agressive? I don't quite have the words for it, but they give me bad vibes.
  2. Never had any, and I never want to. 
  3. Ewww, bleh, gross, how dare they think I need to be "taken care of"! - That was my instinctive reaction. I'm a very independent person, and I don't like to rely on other people for help / support, so the thought of somebody treating me like I need to be taken care of or protected just grosses me out. No, no thank you. (If someone ever tried to act like that to me, I think I'd probably flip them off). 
  4. Uhh... it depends on what you mean by masculine. If you mean strong and independent, and slightly bossy at times, then totally! But honestly, I think anyone can be strong and independent, and slightly bossy. 
  • 6 months later...

1. How do you feel about them?

I think they are not self-confidence and they want to prove something by behaving like that.

2. Experiences with them?

I don't have any and I don't want.

3. How do you feel about the idea of being "taken care of" by such types, and playing a passive, stereotypically feminine role?

It's my nightmare! I want to be independent and I realy don't want somebody to take care of me.

4. Do you think you might be a bit masculine personality-wise?

I don't think gender determines personality or behavior. I'm just me.