Chicken nuggets and dragons

Aroace_bookworm

Aroace_bookworm

Recently, I was chatting with my friends at lunch, and the topic of dragons came up. One friend mentioned that i "know all about dragons and chicken nuggets, because you're asexual" I just kinda nodded along, and continued with the conversation. I'm curious though: Does anyone know the significance of dragons and chicken nuggets?

• Like 1

Not at all.

Dragon though might be a reference for sexual desire though (Maybe?)

Chicken Nuggets, no clue on that one.

RoseGoesToYale

I seem to recall the dragon being suggested as an asexual mascot of sorts. It didn't really catch on, though.

But chicken nuggets?? Where on earth did they get that from?

(I actually just googled 'asexual chicken nuggets' and the results were... odd)

• Like 2

That is a very strange conclusion your friends jumped to! I am curious on how they decided on chicken nuggets and dragons. I am stumped

I believe the dragon thing is because we "don't exist". No clue about the chicken nuggets though, never heard that one.

I think it's because chicken nuggets are said not to be real meat, so like the Dragon, it doesn't exist.

Well, I found a tumblr post where someone is saying they're asexual and know all about dragons and chicken nuggets here

and if you do a separate search 79,000 responses come up for asexuality and chicken nuggets.

and if you do a separate  search for asexuality and dragons 1,490,000 results show up.

Or your friend could just be being an asshole and coming from the area MichaelT was talking about.

I don't know your friend so I can't say 😛 Maybe your friend searched asexuality and hit on the tumblr post or maybe they just saw separate articles talking about chicken nuggets and dragons. 

If there are any on this green Earth who truly know the chicken nugget - who fully and entirely understand what it is, why it exists, and how it came to be here - they are few and far between.

The chickens certainly do not have much knowledge of them, except that the relationship between the birds and the nuggets are not as clear as the name by which the latter are commonly known may suggest.

So far as is currently known, The Pigeons from Beyond the Edge of the Universe have never admitted any connection of theirs to the curiously confusing comestibles in question either, though it must be said that their silence can be as deceptive as their words.

With so little reliable and accurate information to go on, any attempt to relate these puzzling products posing as poultry to human asexuality is probably problematic.

• Like 4

I think the dragon thing is because of that one character in Harry Potter who is allegedly asexual (I think it's confirmed by the author) and he was really into dragons. Or something, I don't know Harry Potter that well, it's just something I've heard floating around.

As for chicken nuggets, I haven't a clue.

• Like 1

I feel like I used to hear jokes about how asexuals like dragons and chicken nuggets more than sex.... kind of like the cake thing but it was just a brief time when those jokes were floating around on tumblr and they never really caught on?

I think the chicken nuggets thing might be because asexuals are stereotyped as "childish" (not saying this is true!)

Aroace_bookworm

I also saw a tumblr post when i googled 'asexuality and chicken nuggets' where people were talking about singers changing pronouns on songs they were singing, and someone mentioned that asexuals could change their pronouns to chicken nuggets?

Anthracite_Impreza

I really don't want to be associated with chicken nuggets, I'm vegetarian 😣

21 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I seem to recall the dragon being suggested as an asexual mascot of sorts. It didn't really catch on, though.

But chicken nuggets?? Where on earth did they get that from?

(I actually just googled 'asexual chicken nuggets' and the results were... odd)

I recall this, too. Although I'm not quite sure the significance of chicken nuggets. 

*edit* okay. HAD to Google it. What I got was "Roses are red. The fifth month is called May. Bizzare 'study' claims eating too many chicken nuggets will make you gay".

I can't say I'm disappointed.

• Like 1