[MOD INTRO] Continuing the tradition -- I'm Phil, your new WW mod!

TRexPhilbo

Good timezones, everyone! I've finally remembered to do this, so AMA!

I'm Phil, your new World Watch mod. I'm 25, from the UK. I'm currently looking for IT jobs/apprenticeships, but while I do that, I volunteer at the local museum (twice), run a Hogwarts roleplaying Discord server, and I'm on the Ace Survey Team.

During the summers, I volunteer with the Waterway Recovery Group, restoring Britain's waterways on behalf of the various canal trusts. This year's work was on the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal in Wales, for the Mon and Brec Canal Trust. We continued the excavation of a lockkeeper's cottage and sawpit (where they made the lock gates), that was demolished in the 1960s -- MABCT want to eventually turn it into a wildlife and visitor centre. I actually didn't do much of the excavation -- I was mostly confined to the mini-digger, being the only driver on site for the week.

While I get more familiar with being a mod, feel free to ask me anything you like, either about the information or something new :)

Side note: if you're in the UK and looking for something to do over the summer (or have a gold DofE to do) WRG canal camps are a great way to spend your time, meet new people, and learn new skills. This last camp, I've made great friends and we're all trying to get on the same camp next year!

Welcome! 

(this is what came up when I googled for images of Welsh cake)

welsh_cakes_16706_16x9.jpg

Sounds like you're involved in some cool volunteer projects. Good luck with your job search!

18 minutes ago, daveb said:

Welcome! 

Sounds like you're involved in some cool volunteer projects. Good luck with your job search!

Those aren't cakes -- those are like scones someone sat on! :P

Thanks Dave!

5 minutes ago, Philguin Baggins said:

Tell google! :lol: They gave me tons of images of that sort of thing. :P 

( They do look like scone/biscuit-like (in the American sense of the word biscuit))

1 hour ago, MichaelTannock said:

If it's cake you want,

10.jpg

Can I recruit the membership to help me eat it? It’s huge!

2 hours ago, daveb said:

Welcome! 

2 hours ago, Philguin Baggins said:

Thanks Dave!

Canny beat some freshly baked Welsh Cakes.

Super mega cake of pretty colours.

unicorn_cake-copy.png?ssl=1

Archived