Your Weirdest Fears

Roidgy

19 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

Fear of small spaces that are dark that contain people

Hobbits?

5 hours ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Hobbits?

Generally lots of people. Depends on the space.

I would be fine in a hobbit hole.

Just now, Uzzi said:

If my parents find out i am Ace,they will think i am Mentally ill and send me to a mental asylum.

I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do to help you?

Magpies around breeding season lol. I have only had 3 lots of stitches from them but they can get aggressive 😹 bad bird, stay! 🐦 

I really don't like crabs, whether they be alive or dead. They are nasty horrible ugly things with a nasty pair of pinchers on them. I am not particularly fond of lobsters either. 

Talking in public. I get sooooooo worked up and my heart pounds and I sweat and my face throbs and I'm pretty sure my face gets red and everyone stares at me. This is probably one of my greatest fears and I'd call it a phobia because I avoid it all costs. I will run into a burning building to rescue a stranger. But I will not unless I absolutely have to, speak in public.

SpookyNameHere

Big empty spaces or voids. Just imagining myself standing in a big empty field with nothing in it as far as the eye can see for miles terrifies me. Anything or anyone could run out at you from anywhere. I'm sure there's a word for it but I don't know it (and honestly kinda too lazy to look it up 😋

It's funny because I'm terrified of the opposite of that too. Small enclosed spaces are also one of my biggest fears. It's partially the reason why I'm scared to death of elevators. 

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, UncreativeNameHere said:

Anything or anyone could run out at you from anywhere. I'm sure there's a word for it but I don't know it (and honestly kinda too lazy to look it up 😋

Paranoia ;) I'm a fellow of that particular club.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, mreid said:

I've always been afraid of spiders, praying mantises (they are a strange mix between goofy and creepy, like clowns) and ants. Specially spiders.

Also clowns and people in fur suits.

I am also afraid of things that have to do with eyes, i.e. people touching their eyes, going blind, losing my eyes, etc...

Now that I am an adult it isn't so much fear, it's more an uneasiness and repulsion.

Holy shit, this is very close to my list. But, 1. I'm more freaked out by praying mantises than spiders, 2. I would have to add people dressed up as mascots and mimes, 3. I'm not freaked out by eyes being touched but I am by the rest, as well as cataracts, and 4. I am repulsed by the removal of fingernails

I have mentioned before that I am afraid of butterflies, what I forgot to mention is that I fear many types of insects and sometimes it can be very embarrassing ._.

Ms. Carolynne

I fear ants. When I was young I had a terrifying nightmare about being attacked by a colony of ants 😬

I also have a fear of my own dreams, a lot of unsettling crap occurs, and I tend to be a vivid and somewhat lucid dreamer. I tend to get immersed in my dreams, even if they're non-sense. I can wake myself up, at least sometimes, but that runs the risk of false awakenings. Which can be terrifying, because I expect things to be normal and think I'm awake, then everything falls apart.

I've also dealt with hypnogogia and hypnopompia. These were unsettling because I was conscious and hallucinating. Hallucination is terrifying in it's own right, I don't care what it is I'm hallucinating. By extension, I do not understand how anyone could enjoy hallucinogenic substances.

I also have Scopophobia , which is basically a fear of being watched or observed. This probably stems from my social anxiety.

I'm also afraid of distorted faces, as well as pareidolia involving faces. Just messed up faces, and faces where faces don't belong. By extension, things in the uncanny valley, as well reconstructions of hominid faces are very unsettling. 

There's this game, called Nazi Zombies (it's a mode on Call of Duty), which employs the above two in some Easter eggs. In Black Ops II, there were faces of a girl named Sam visible in the sky on some of the maps. This girl was in control of the zombies and observing the player, and the pareidolia were basically like her watching you. Probably the most unsettling thing about the game IMO.

Ack, coming on this thread before bed was a bad idea. Now I'm anxious, and afraid I'm going to have a nightmare revolving around my anxieties 😓

6 hours ago, Lemonsky said:

I think the fear of aquatic plants could be considered at least a bit weird.

I feel like I also have a fear of centipedes. All those legs...

Water plants are so screwed up and horrifying. Also yeah centipedes are absolutely awful, millipedes are cute tho. Fat little bastards

4 hours ago, Acerctic said:

I have mentioned before that I am afraid of butterflies, what I forgot to mention is that I fear many types of insects and sometimes it can be very embarrassing ._.

My boyfriend is super afraid of bugs, I think it's really cute but I understand it can really suck. I really like bugs and want them as pets 😕 especially millipedes

@Ms. Carolynne

uuugggg I have all the same ones, face distortion is terrible and makes me super anxious

Anthracite_Impreza

All the bug talk just reminded me - ticks. I have an irrational hatred and digust of ticks that goes beyond all logic. I despise them, I would crush one if I saw one crawling around on the floor. Sasha got one on her lip once and I could barely touch her (she immediately got took to the vets and had it off and I was happy when it was impaled).

Ok I'm done now.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:44 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

All the bug talk just reminded me - ticks. I have an irrational hatred and digust of ticks that goes beyond all logic.

I caught 5 ticks altogether in my whole life, they were fully attached and drinking my blood... As a kid I loved the outdoors, always up to some mischief, running in tall grass, ferns, exploring forests - that's how I got them. At some point I've learned about nasty diseases they carry and honestly, I'm too scared now to even spend a few hours in the forest :/ My granny had Lyme's from one single tick and it ruined her joints and made her insomniac for years, before one doctor finally put 2 and 2 together. 

Tropical region ticks carry even worse stuff...

They are horrible!  

SorryNotSorry

Broken glass. I guess this would be called vitroclastiphobia?

And radioactivity. I can't see it, hear it, feel it, taste it, or smell it.

Anthracite_Impreza
12 hours ago, InariYana said:

I caught 5 ticks altogether in my whole life, they were fully attached and drinking my blood... As a kid I loved the outdoors, always up to some mischief, running in tall grass, ferns, exploring forests - that's how I got them. At some point I've learned about nasty diseases they carry and honestly, I'm too scared now to even spend a few hours in the forest :/ My granny had Lyme's from one single tick and it ruined her joints and made her insomniac for years, before one doctor finally put 2 and 2 together. 

Tropical region ticks carry even worse stuff...

They are horrible!  

I'd literally die if one even touched me, but I'd make sure I killed it first.

7 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

And radioactivity. I can't see it, hear it, feel it, taste it, or smell it.

Omg that reminds me. In A level physics my teacher (who I despised and who despised me) brought in a radioactive substance for us to test with a Geiger counter. I refused to go anywhere near it and he was saying "it won't hurt you, don't be such a wuss", to which I countered "well eat it then!". That single moment is what I'm most remembered for from school to this day, but it shut the idiot up.

Lady Constellation

I have an intense fear of sharks. Like, extremely intense. It once got to the point where I couldn't even get in the bathtub because I was so scared that one would appear in the water and eat me, let alone a pool. I'm still terrified of them. And somehow people think that if they tell me "More people die in vending machine accidents every year than shark attacks!" then it will miraculously cure my phobia. News flash- doesn't help.

3 hours ago, Lady Constellation said:

I have an intense fear of sharks. Like, extremely intense. It once got to the point where I couldn't even get in the bathtub because I was so scared that one would appear in the water and eat me, let alone a pool. I'm still terrified of them. And somehow people think that if they tell me "More people die in vending machine accidents every year than shark attacks!" then it will miraculously cure my phobia. News flash- doesn't help.

I know that it is not funny when you have a genuine fear, but the idea of a shark appearing in the bathtub did make me chuckle. 

I am extremely emetophobic. If I even hear the sound of vomiting, I run away as soon as I can. I get highly grossed out and scared when someone starts puking. Once one of my family members was drunk and started puking and I got so scared, that I almost cried and went out of the house. I also have a mild case of carcinophobia, I follow a certain diet which supposedly fights cancer. Also I do have little philophobia, I mean love is really scary. 

I'm scared shitless of cockroaches. The word only, makes me cringe. If I see one, I won't blink the whole night and will have trouble sleeping for the next few days. I get paranoid and start cleaning, blocking open spaces they can come in from. It's not an uncommon fear tho, many people have it.

I do find it weird that I'm afraid of dolls and cows ;d Dolls, because I watched Chucky as a kid once - threw away all of my dolls afterwards. I don't really have a specific reason for the cows tho ;d I love animals, even snakes. But cows just look at you with sheer grudge, I swear!!

I also don't deal well with attention - speaking in front of people, judgement during exams and so on.

Sedatephobia- The fear of complete silence. Being in a room without some background noise makes me paranoid that someone is sneaking up on me

Anthracite_Impreza
43 minutes ago, BooViva said:

But cows just look at you with sheer grudge, I swear!!

Cows are so cute! How can you be scared of their sweet eyes and squishy noses? :(

31 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Cows are so cute! How can you be scared of their sweet eyes and squishy noses? :(

Their eyes are bloody, big and they stare like they're gonna attack you any minute. No way I'm gonna see them as sweet 😧

Lady Constellation
3 hours ago, Ortac said:
7 hours ago, Lady Constellation said:

I know that it is not funny when you have a genuine fear, but the idea of a shark appearing in the bathtub did make me chuckle. 

Don't worry- it was a genuine phobia of mine at the time, and I'm still terrified of sharks, but typing it out now, it sounds stupid and funny. :D 

Archived