Virginity and the hymen

everywhere and nowhere

everywhere and nowhere

Yet I value not having had sex. The vaginal corona is just a not completely reliable physical aspect of that. But I'm proud that I have never had sex because for me virginity equals sexual non-conformism.

Ineffably_me*

I am confused now, because I always thought that the hymen was something inside you higher up than the vaginal opening. When I lost my virginity (I have only ever had sex with one person, and this was a long time ago) -after a few times of having sex, there was like this ‘pop’ inside me that reminded me of the sound of a champagne cork, followed by lots of blood afterwards. Then a couple of months down the line, my partner found a thickish round piece of skin inside me with a redder softer centre, that he pulled from higher up - out of my vagina, as if it had come away at some point. If this popping sensation, and piece of skin was not my hymen - what was it? I am truly troubled now by this as I had always thought this was my hymen. Maybe someone on here might know, I don’t know, but I am truly perplexed.

Archived