Recruiting LGBTQ+ Participants For Masters Dissertation Study

Opel the Old

Opel the Old

I am posting this for a Masters Student in Keele

My name is Louise and I'm currently a Masters student at Keele University. I'm conducting a study examining the relationship between groups under the LGBTQIA umbrella. Specifically, I'm interested in what might encourage LGBTQIA people to help groups under the umbrella that they are not necessarily a part of. 

For example, if a person believes that intersectionality is important to consider as an LGBTQIA activist, are they more likely to help groups they are not a part of when compared to those who don't think intersectionality is important?

Ideally, this study will show what factors influence a person's willingness to help others who do not share their group identity, which could be used to improve intergroup relationships in the future. As a member of the community, I feel this is particularly important for LGBTQIA individuals given that we are part of such a diverse community.

To study this, I'm conducting an online questionnaire. However, I am currently in need of participants who are part of the LGBTQIA community. I'm contacting you to ask if you would be willing to help distribute the survey link to LGBTQIA individuals who are over 18 years of age, e.g. via any social media, social groups, events, etc.

To take part in the study, all people need to do is click that link and complete the survey.

E-mail: w7a77@students.keele.ac.uk

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought it'd be important to let others know that this study seems to only want LGBTQIA+ participants from the U.K. or Cyprus.

...Since there has not been much research into the LGBTQIA community in Cyprus, data will be collected from LGBTQIA individuals in both the UK and Cyprus. This will also show whether this study's findings apply to two different cultures...

Archived