Ace awareness week 2019- my plans

Captain_Tass

Captain_Tass

So, I've been thinking about ace/a-spec visibility ever since I joined AVEN basically. Seeing as in Greece visibility is close to none, I've decided to do something about it. So, during ace awareness week, I've decided to pick a day which most suits my plan and show up to school with a shirt with the demisexual flag painted on, sunglasses with the ace colors painted on (the sides, not the lenses), as much jewellery in the ace/aro colors as I can and I'll either knit a beanie in the ace colors (or in the aro colors if I'm lucky enough to come across yarn in such colors, but the ace colors are more common in yarn form so I think I'll go with that) or I'll wear a baseball cap with all sorts of pins showing ace/a-spec and aro/aro-spec flags. Maybe I'll even paint some shoes to match. The idea is to make myself look as odd and flashy as possible so that people will come over and ask me what this is all about. Then I'll briefly explain about asexuality, aromanticism and a(ro)-spec identities and redirect them to AVEN. I find this to be a much more effective strategy than going around yelling about asexuality, as my goal is to make people curious enough to want to ask, rather than shove information down their throats, which would both make me unlikable and them not interested in learning about asexuality.

So, what do you guys think about my plan? Should I go through with it? If you have any more suggestions let me know!

Also, can anyone let me know when exactly is ace awareness week 2018? I could only find info on ace awareness week 2017. Thanks!

-Zoe

UPDATE 10/16/2018

Well, turns out the situation in high school is tougher than I had anticipated, so my plans will have to take place next year, so that I can have some more time to adjust. I'll still be wearing my ace beanie though!

On 8/26/2018 at 2:57 PM, Life Of Tass said:

Also, can anyone let me know when exactly is ace awareness week 2018? I could only find info on ace awareness week 2017. Thanks!

October 21st - 27th, if this Facebook group is correct! :) 

https://www.facebook.com/aceawareness/

On 9/2/2018 at 9:25 PM, Dreamer23 said:

October 21st - 27th, if this Facebook group is correct! :)  

https://www.facebook.com/aceawareness/

Thanks for the information. Sadly the linked website doesn't seem to have the latest dates and the twitter account looks way outdated. Anyone knows who to ask for updates of these?

3 hours ago, mace_ said:

Thanks for the information. Sadly the linked website doesn't seem to have the latest dates and the twitter account looks way outdated. Anyone knows who to ask for updates of these?

Are you positive on it being outdated?

I know the original post stating it's 21st to 27th is a little over a month old, but that's not too ancient :D

They also confirmed it again 3 weeks ago in a comment in response to that Facebook post. (They've also stated there that they'll update the linked website soon, though yeah, dunno how soon soon is xD)

Sorry, I guess my message wasn't sufficiently clear. You're right, the facebook site is quite recent. I didn't want to say the date or information is wrong or outdated. What I meant is on that facebook site there is a link to a website (www.aceweek.org which redirects to http://www.asexualawarenessweek.com/) and this website seems not updated since last year. The website also has a link to a twitter account, but the last post there is from 2014. These are the two pages I was referring to.

Anyhow thanks for giving the information about the dates! And as you wrote the website will probably be updated soon™ ;).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Yuna McHill

So, aces! Apparently the AAW 2019 is from the 21st - 27th of October! Now we can plan to make an explosion of Aceness for the world to see! 

Archived