Partially Female

DeltaBird

Hello! I just want to ask you guys something I have been thinking about recently, which is the complicated mess called gender. I just kind of want to describe how I am feeling and wonder what you guys think, so here I go. 

I until recently have been identifying as cis gender female, but I have begun to realize that I don't really feel wholely female. Like, I'm mostly female? Kind of female? I am comfortable with the pronouns she and her, but not when people call me a girl or a woman or anything gender specific like that. I hate are you a girl/boy check boxes, and I have taken to circling half of the "girl" box. Some days though I feel very much like a female and sometimes I feel more... Nuetral. I don't know. I'm just going with mostly female right now, because I can't find anything that describes that. Is there anything you guys know of that fits that description? Thanks for your time

MJtheScientist

You could be gender fluid? My sibling identifies as gender-queer and fluctuates between feeling feminine one day and masculine the next. But like you, they HATE checking the girl/boy boxes. 

I don't know, I have never really felt masculine. Is there, like, a gender fluid but only in the feminine spectrum of things? 

MJtheScientist

If that's how you feel, then sure! I don't see why not. Everything's a spectrum when it comes to identity, right? 

you could easily be genderfluid between female/demigirl/agender, or any of those kinds of things, masculinity not necessary at all!

If your gender is static (stays mostly the same) then I’d recommend you look into demigirl (a person who identifies partially as female).

If your gender changes along the female end of the spectrum then I’d recommend checking out genderflux (I’m personally genderflux but along the male side so I flux from agender to demiboy to male (not always in that order though)). 

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Gender Discussion.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality mod

17 hours ago, DeltaBird said:

I don't know, I have never really felt masculine. Is there, like, a gender fluid but only in the feminine spectrum of things? 

Yes!

• 5 weeks later...

I did some research and I found this online:

Demiflux is a gender identity for "someone whose gender is partially fluid with the other part(s) being static; this differs from 'demifluid' as '-flux' indicates that one of the genders is neutral; an example could be: one part of their gender is 'genderqueer' while the part that fluctuates is 'agender' and 'woman'.

Hope this helps! You should also check out bigender, genderfluid, and nonbinary.

Maybe genderflux and specifically girlflux? It's an identity which is fluid between agender and female. You could feel 100% female some days, 50% female some other days and 0% female at another day. Or even 38% female, 76% female and so forth. It's not really confined to fluidity between either female, demigirl or agender. It's basically experiencing gender with varying intensity. And it doesn't have to shift regularly, you could feel female or mostly female for extended periods of time before it eventually switches to agender or librafeminine or demigirl or anything and the same thing happens all over again.

Thanks guys! I like the sound of girlflux and demiflux, but just to keep things simple I'm probably just going to say non-binary if someone decides to ask... it will save time and energy. 

Archived