Is there a difference between agender and non-binary?

Katto

Just Somebody

Agender is a gender identity umbrella under and is a subtype of non-binary gender identity.  Non-binary is also an umbrella term and is also under the Transgender umbrella .

• 1 year later...
BlakeTheNightowl~

As an agender yup it’s different ~ cx

On 8/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, Katto said:

I’ve seen that they have different flags and, of course, different names. But do they technically mean the same thing?

Personally I find them the same, it's like omnisexual vs pansexual, it's based on small detail and specific preferences to each title. That's how I see it. If anyone has a different idea, that's their place.

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2018 at 5:57 AM, Taylor Lilith said:

I'm the girl who's trying to find the difference but each gender has different meaning because it's so personal , depending who you ask but I'd say they are different. I'm Agender but not non-binary , they might overlap a little but I can't be non-binary because I feel genderless and non-binary IS a gender where, Agender is not since it's "genderless"

Dear

This thread has not been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

DaveB

Gender Discussion Mod

Archived