How well do you read emotions from eyes?

Your score is 25 out of 36.

Your score is equal or better than 36% of all participants.

I did not understand all word they used so that was a problem.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

@Kimmie. I googled some of them that I thought would be them, because the others didn't seem to make sense... :)

It's ok. It's just a test, says nothing if you're bad or good... OKay? :D

I tried again and got 28. with help of google.

30/36. That's cool. A couple were tricky, but it seemed like for a lot of them I could narrow down possibilities pretty quickly. 

I distrusted myself the entire thing and got 31/36 somehow. Some of the photos were hard to see let alone read the expression of.

Mostly just imagined how I would look for that emotion.

I got 28/36, but I'm definitely not anywhere near that good at reading people's emotions. It's just that I can get it right most of the time if I'm given four options to choose from. If it weren't multiple choice, I would have been clueless on most of them.

30/36

Fluffy Femme Guy

29/36

Grumpy Alien

Can’t do it on a phone so will have to take it another time. I’m curious!

Your score is 29 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 74% of all participants.

Not bad for an Aspie.

7 minutes ago, TheAP said:

Your score is 29 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 74% of all participants.

Not bad for an Aspie.

I was certainly curious how aspies would... xD, Not bad at all! :D Yays!

I was kinda surprised that I got this 😮. It felt like most of them were so easy, a couple I needed to absorb it a few seconds.

Some photos made me think of other emotions then the ones that was selectable. God i feel so blind. 

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

Some photos made me think of other emotions then the ones that was selectable. God i feel so blind. 

i found the same.

i got 24 out of 36

Hayis4horses

I got 23 out of 36. Lowest score out of everyone. 😅

34 out of 36

I got 30 out of 36. Way better than I was expecting since I've thought that I'm not that great at reading emotions.

There was one I remember really confusing me because two of the options were so similar. They were 'impatient' and 'irritated.'

Grumpy Alien

I pretty much got as expected. I can't always read everyone but I think I find emotions and body language fairly intuitive. I often ask people if they're okay because I found people don't like being asked what's wrong - it can be invasive and sometimes people don't want to talk about it. Asking if they're okay I think just lets them know I can tell something is off and I'm available to vent to if they want to while not prying.

Your score is 33 out of 36.

The average score is 26.

Does this test work equally well for all people around the world?
This test was developed in Great Britain and the images you saw were taken from British magazines in 1990's. Unsurprisingly, the test doesn't work perfectly for people who are not native speakers of English or for people who come from cultures that are very different from Britain's.

Should you worry if you got a low score?
No. Your screen lighting level, mood, fatigue and many other factors might have affected your score. The results of this test are useful when they are averaged across many people, but they can be inaccurate for any individual person.

27 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I got 30 out of 36. Way better than I was expecting since I've thought that I'm not that great at reading emotions.

There was one I remember really confusing me because two of the options were so similar. They were 'impatient' and 'irritated.'

Those are similar. I feel like irritated would have more of a furrowed brow than impatient. (Although someone could be irritated and impatient.)

On an unrelated note. You know how there’s “resting b- face”? I have a resting sad face (it used to be resting miserable face when I was younger because i carried so much baby fat on my cheeks that it made my face look a bit...droopier?).

So I think I get asked “What’s wrong?/Is something wrong?/What happened?/Are you okay?” Far more than normal. People like to check in on me during outings because if I’m in a group and I decide just to listen they ask if I’m alright or bored or something.

5 minutes ago, okir fokir said:

. I often ask people if they're okay because I found people don't like being asked what's wrong - it can be invasive and sometimes people don't want to talk about it. Asking if they're okay I think just lets them know I can tell something is off and I'm available to vent to if they want to while not prying.

In my experience I prefer “are you okay?” Over other things precisely because of the reasons you state.

But I hate it when my mom goes

”Are you okay?”

”Huh, yeah.” (Because I’m often caught off guard because I’m not feeling bad/sad so having someone ask is weird)

*Five minutes or less later*

”Are you really/actually okay?”

Especially, in front of strangers! Like, stop bringing attention to it! TO ME! And besides what am I going to say if I was feeling bad? We’re in the middle of a bank, surrounded by people. And if it’s trans related I’m definitely not telling you and definitely not in public. And of course the second time she asks I should probably give her an answer or she’ll get even more concerned. 

Whoops, okay I’m done :)

32 out of 36. Not expected, given that I can't usually bring myself to make eye contact with others in person.

23 of 36. To be honest, a good 80% of those looked to me as though they had no expression at all, and I was purely guessing. I'm surprised I did as well as I did, even with all the time I've spent studying expressions to draw them. I'm very bad at discerning emotions.

23 out of 36 lol I’m to nervous around people to look them in the eyes anyway haha

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

27 out of 36. I feel like I wouldn't be able to guess any of them if I wasn't given any options to choose from. Especially when the expression looked generally positive and three out of four options were negative (for example), several of them were fairly easy to get right through process of elimination. Some of them I just guessed blindly because I had literally had no idea.

8 hours ago, okir fokir said:

I pretty much got as expected. I can't always read everyone but I think I find emotions and body language fairly intuitive. I often ask people if they're okay because I found people don't like being asked what's wrong - it can be invasive and sometimes people don't want to talk about it. Asking if they're okay I think just lets them know I can tell something is off and I'm available to vent to if they want to while not prying.

The slightest tone of voice, eye movement while you speak, your body language, or just be near in their vicinity. Will just make you aware of how people actually are feeling. It's like people try to hide it... But they can't. 

You know somethings up, but you don't want them to go through this experience again... Because they might just be putting it away for themselves. And then someone else picking it up from you and asking about it. You want to help but, ugh... The dilemma... You dont want to force it either.

17 out of 36

To be honest most of them just looked like regular eyes to me. Then again I kind of have a resting bitch face myself so maybe I'm biased lol.

Member131995
Oooh, this was fun and pretty interesting. I never even thought about this aspect of reading emotions or whether I'm really good at it. So this was a good insight.

Your score is 30 out of 36.

Your score is equal or better than 82% of all participants.

Does this test work equally well for all people around the world?
This test was developed in Great Britain and the images you saw were taken from British magazines in 1990's. Unsurprisingly, the test doesn't work perfectly for people who are not native speakers of English or for people who come from cultures that are very different from Britain's.

Should you worry if you got a low score?
No. Your screen lighting level, mood, fatigue and many other factors might have affected your score. The results of this test are useful when they are averaged across many people, but they can be inaccurate for any individual person.

My score was 30 out of 36 as well ^^

This was a great test!  Interesting to see so many score higher than average, especially people who spend a lot of time online ;) 

It makes me think about how snapchat and similar ways of communicating are making an impact on how well people read minute changes in facial expression, mostly for those who use them a lot to send selfies back and forth.  I'm kind of thinking it's likely that the average will increase, which is interesting considering how much less time we spend interacting in the flesh.

Archived