New Member; Nice to be here

Anon11

Hi, my name is John, and I have recently been coming out as asexual to friends and family. I am very happy to find this community; here is my story:

---

I struggled a lot with relationships growing up in school (especially high school and college). When everybody seemed to be coupling up, I never seemed to understand how to make that connection. It left me feeling very left out and depressed. Today, I think I am growing to understand my dilemma, and the information on this website has helped me in articulating that problem. I would define myself as a demiromantic, sex-repulsed, asexual (a freakin' difficult combination when you truly want a relationship, I know), which to me means it takes a strong emotional attachment to someone before I begin to develop romantic feelings for them, (I have only ever developed romantic feelings for two people in my life) but even once I develop those feelings, I do not want sex. I don't even want to kiss, which of course makes it exceedingly difficult to have a relationship. I think the societal expectation on men is that we are supposed to be the pursuers, and I have a hard time pursuing when I don't desire what others expect me to, but I'm glad to be here, and I hope being here will help me understand my own experience better in getting to hear and understand others' experiences.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@Anon11 Hello! Welcome to heAVEN! Have some :cake:! You know, there's an infinite amount of it here!

Anthracite_Impreza

You seem to be figuring yourself out so that's something ;)

Welcome to AVEN :)

Welcome! Being open and trying to understand yourself better is always a good thing. Plus kissing is weird anyway if you sit and think long enough about it. “Hold on let me smoosh my face against yourself show you how much I care about you.” :P

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

Welcome to AVEN John 😸images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSUhaH94bgfZUSOitbMfl

If you have any questions or just want to chat don’t be afraid to post. Everyone is really supportive here 😊 welcome to the community.

Hi John - welcome to AVEN! Have some cake:

Related image

Archived