Hello asexuals :)

ayoace

Hey!!

Thank you to all the people that make AVEN possible, i only joined recently but from what i've read in the past helped me with my discovery of identifying as aroace.

Here is my story

I first started questioning in 7th grade. A group of my friends were discussing their crushes and who they'd 'do it' with (we were tweens ok), when they asked me who I liked in the class I paused. I didn't really like anyone in the class, and then I realized that i'd never had a crush in my life. I told my friends I must just be waiting for the right guy but a couple weeks before we graduated they brought up the conversation again. in the heat of the moment I said that i'd never felt an attraction for guys and left it at that, from there I went through stages of questioning if I was a lesbian, but dating men and women meant the same to me, so I questioned if I were bisexual or pansexual, but that brought me back to the main point; Would I ever feel that attraction or lust for sexual encounters? (bringing out the big words). And the simple answer is no, I never really have and when picturing my future I don't see that changing.

from all my questioning about my sexuality over the years I liked to stay on top of lgbtq+ news in the media, a youtube channel were weekly doing ask a member of lgtbq+ where they took in questions. In the video there was a question for someone identifying as asexual, her response resonated with what i felt and after doing some reading on AVEN I started identifying as aroace!!

sorry for the long tale 

thanks for reading ❤️

Welcome to the family 😸 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwnNQH83Ef65EJsjO5eb1

It’s great to meet you

Hi @ayoace I haven’t got cake but hope my welcome is enough 😋 Great to hear another story  and it wasn’t too long, just right. 

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@ayoace Hello! Welcome to heAVEN! There's an infinite amount of 🍰 here, so feel free to take as much as you want!

Hi fellow aromantic asexual! Welcome to AVEN! Have some cake:

Image result for good cake

Oh and don't worry about your post being too long - it's always great to hear other people's stories, so the longer the better 😁!

Welcome to AVEN, ayo ace! I was surprised reading how kids from 7th grade talk about doing each other. I always get that cultural shock. Anyway, have some cake! :cake::cake:

Anthracite_Impreza

Welcome to AVEN :)

Welcome! Don’t worry about post length, some posts can be over ten paragraphs long :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hello fellow new person! Welcome!🎂🎂🎂

I totally get what you're talking about. I actually had crushes, but they were on guys I had known for years, and I was never interested in actually doing anything with them. And dating over the years was just frustrating, because I'd like someone's personality and sometimes looks, but wouldn't be attracted to them. I'm glad you figured it out! ☺️

Archived