Am I Demiromantic or Grayromantic? Or even Aro?

Ace_as_hell_n_feelin_swell

I’ve been identifying as grey-romantic and asexual for a long time, but lately I’ve been wondering if I may be demi-romo or aro

• I already was disgusted by the idea of sex with a stranger (and sex in general lol)
  • I have a boyfriend and find it hard to say “I love you” so soon in the relationship
  • I would rarely get crushes
  • and when I did they were very “mild” (I have no idea how to describe them lol somebody shoot me in the knee)
  • most of my “crushes” in the past four years were practically nothing
  • I don’t want to kiss my boyfriend yet even though we’ve been together for six months
  • ”love at first sight” is totally unrealistic in my eyes
  • I know most people think they’ll be in love forever but I don’t even feel like I am now
  • i mean like i want to hug and hold my bf but kissing him and getting married n shit seems weird???

am I being stupid? Is this an ace thing? Please help me out here guys lol I am so confused and clueless rn 😬

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@Ace_as_hell_n_feelin_swell

It seems like your 'crushes' were actually squishes. And yes, it does sound like you may be aro.

no-longer-in-use

I don't have much (any) experience regarding this topic, but my personal opinion is not wanting to say "I love you", kiss, or marry your boyfriend doesn't necessarily mean you're aro. It could just mean you're not ready for a serious relationship and/or don't want to commit to this one. To me it sounds like you might be demiro or greyro.

Anthracite_Impreza

Do you actually want a romantic relationship with your partner, or would you rather be close friends?

I went through the same thing in high school and I think I'm aromantic. But just because you might be aro doesn't mean you can't have intimate relationships. I've met aromantics who've managed to set up qp ones and are perfectly happy because they don't feel the pressure to perform acts like kissing or saying "I love you" all the time like what's expected in a traditional romantic one. These are harder to find partners for, but it's far from impossible. Don't let it get you down.

1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Do you actually want a romantic relationship with your partner, or would you rather be close friends?

I’m not sure! I know I’m attracted to him, but at this point I can’t properly recognize it as aesthetic or romantic attraction. Lol I’m hella confused 🤷🏾‍♀️

Anthracite_Impreza
7 minutes ago, Ace_as_hell_n_feelin_swell said:

I’m not sure! I know I’m attracted to him, but at this point I can’t properly recognize it as aesthetic or romantic attraction. Lol I’m hella confused 🤷🏾‍♀️

Maybe just go with it then, see where you end up? Tell him you're not sure how you feel though, it's only fair.

7 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Maybe just go with it then, see where you end up? Tell him you're not sure how you feel though, it's only fair.

Okay! Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the help :)

Archived