Human Bodies Are Gross

Li'l Backseat

Li'l Backseat

Not to shame anybody for their bodies, but I find the human body kinda gross. Anybody else here feel that way, too?

My partner sometimes worries that I overreact to it (like blackheads in my ear canal are normal but make me squirm). I sometimes think having an artificial body (that still has senses) would be nicer than having a meat suit. 

This extends to genitalia, too. I find body fluids disgusting and vulvas are repulsive. Penises are interesting to me though.

Anyone else think bodies are just weird? How does this relate to your sexuality?

I hear ya. The moment people start undressing, I get grossed out. I mean, I was on swim team for forever, so I am alright with swim suits and stuff... It's just that when people start undressing to act "sexy," it has the opposite effect on me -- specifically if they are sweaty or smelly. I fundamentally cannot comprehend how people can enjoy intercourse. It's like, "Hey, you know those gross parts of our bodies? Let's smoosh them together for fun!" What the heck?

As far as artificial bodies are concerned... I think about that all the time. I wish I were a sentient robot. That would be the coolest thing ever!

I recognise the feeling. I don't enjoy seeing naked bodies at all and when you think about it we're just really weird animals with too many bodily fluids and weird smells and possible infections, bumps and lumps. 

@ikkashe Intercourse isn't so bad for me. At least then you don't have to see the parts. When I'm flat on my back, guy on top, that's perfect because I can't see most of his body (or mine). Oral sex, now that is bad. Vulvas scare the shit out of me. They're like the Kraken. 

Unless someone is grotesquely ugly or unhygienic, I couldn’t care less about nudity. I mean I practically see everyone nearly nude when swimming so I’m desensitized to it all. However, if not for the extra complications being a cyborg would entail (you’d have to clean and maintain your parts, it’d be expensive, you’d have to endure really gruesome surgery, etc.) I’d totally be for having an artificial body. I mean, people think I’m metaphorically robotic already so I might as well go all the way 🙃🙃🙃.

As someone who personally loves drawing the human figure, I don't think they're gross, minus the bodily fluids it secretes and all that stuff. Im pretty indifferent to nudity as well. 

GutsyCowardLep

I hate the human body and I have for a long time part of that is just the fact that I am a germaphobe.

sometimes I want a artificial body like in science fiction novels.

I don't mind nudity as long as I see it on screen. But if I see it in real life, I get highly embarrassed, not exactly grossed out. The fluids thing is gross for sure, but otherwise it's all good. I appreciate the curves and angles of the human body to be honest. 

I’m mildly sex-repulsed, and I tend to find people less and less attractive the more clothes they take off. In terms of my own body, I have trouble showering because of body dysphoria.

I have no problem with life drawing sessions for drawing practice and can find people aesthetically pleasing to look at, but I do not find parts of the body sexually attractive and find genetalia unappealing in all forms. The idea of performing oral sex on anyone is gross!

I don't like seeing people's belly buttons/midriffs or other body parts not usually shown, and seeing genitalia has occasionally made me gag.

I'm generally not bothered by nudity, but I can't handle gore.  It's why I avoid watching medical dramas.

I'm personally repulsed by the sight or even thought of female genitalia. Especially mine. It's so gross. I can't help but think the people who like them and think they're beautiful have to be faking it, right?

Nudity grosses me out, but then genitalia on any animal grosses me out. Otherwise, I can admire the human form the same way as any other animal form.

Fluids - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SlargTheGnome

Lol at the people on this thread being desensitized to nudity because of swimming... I was on the swim team all throughout high school and college and still couldn't handle it.  I always changed in a bathroom stall because I didn't want anyone seeing me naked and didn't want to see anyone else either.

45 minutes ago, SlargTheGnome said:

Lol at the people on this thread being desensitized to nudity because of swimming... I was on the swim team all throughout high school and college and still couldn't handle it.  I always changed in a bathroom stall because I didn't want anyone seeing me naked and didn't want to see anyone else either.

One of many reasons I'd never go to a pool. I go swimming in a remote GLACIER lake, REALLY early in the morning; cold means I can be alone there for hours.

RakshaTheCat

I'm not fan of genitals, so I just chose to ignore them. Don't really mind anything else uncovered though. And just skin has actually pleasant association, because it reminds me of touch, and I like light touch.

2 hours ago, LKinney said:

One of many reasons I'd never go to a pool. I go swimming in a remote GLACIER lake, REALLY early in the morning; cold means I can be alone there for hours.

Oooo, jealous of that. One thing I'm not fan about New Zealand, not many cute lakes to swim in nearby... I had more of those back in Poland, although they definitely weren't empty... Still, it wasn't that bad, since crowd was only near the shore, and once you swam further away, it was much better :)

lately I’ve been not quite as repulsed seeing nudity as I used to be. I still find bodies, especially genitalia, to make me feel a bit grossed out. If I could, I’d happily trade my crotch for a flat space between my legs and remove my breasts. But I suppose I’ve always been kind of desensitized because I’ve been drawing the naked body since I was like 11. I can easily handle drawn nudity, fluids, etc but actual humans nakedness still can bother me. I usually hate seeing myself naked as well because of my insecurities about my own body.

Body fluids are definitely disgusting. Would rather not be in a meat suit. As a metaphysical type ,  I think that as angels (and other spirits) don't have them...they are most likely much happier that way. 

While I'm not totally repulsed, I just think overall (no matter how fit the body), people look much better with their clothes on. Men in tuxes or period clothes...now THAT is what I find attractive. 

I never understood the fuss about body parts and why people would want to drool over them. Ugh. 

JHC (pet in waiting)

Human bodies aren't nice. I don't find them really gross but I wish only people with aesthetically perfect bodies would wear little summer clothes. 

Also exposing genitalia is wrong. Nudists should have to walk on all four like other mammals 😝

20 minutes ago, JHC (pet in waiting) said:

Also exposing genitalia is wrong. Nudists should have to walk on all four like other mammals 😝

That would be more revealing than just standing 😋 😋 

I'm a painter and found myself painting two nude female bodies recently, not for any particular reason, they just seemed to appear on the canvas.  That was OK because they were two-dimensional forms.  I can't imagine tolerating actually seeing two live nude female bodies.  Bodies gross me out more the older I get.  

• 1 year later...

Eh.  I may not have much sense for aesthetics, but if I had to speak purely aesthetically, I think we're a lot less gross than many other forms of life on the planet.

(If we had to speak behaviorally though, on the other hand... our rating slides down quite a few notches)

Also, goddammit necropost.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:35 PM, Li'l Backseat said:

I sometimes think having an artificial body (that still has senses) would be nicer than having a meat suit.

As a vegetarian (gray-vegan) who is very nearly vegan as of now, I agree with you. Also, certain parts of bodies are designed for activities that I'd never even consider participating in, so not having those parts would put my mind at peace.

However, one of my friends dubbed me 'Most Likely to be a Robot', and having an artificial body would make me Even More Likely to be a Robot. Being aroace doesn't help the situation in that case 😆

P. S. I'm not a robot, and I've proved that fact by noting that there exists a traffic light in the following picture.

See the source image

MrMagmaneos

My asethetic attraction is kinda weird. I enjoy things as skimpy as swimsuits, but that's a lot more appealing to me than nudity. The second I see full nudity I just don't feel anything. I'm not particularly grossed out unless it's genitals, then I just feel a slight discomfort. I can usually ignore genitals when confronted with nudity which is why I don't feel anything at first.

Archived