Trying to meet new people :)

LucyHC

Hi all!

I have been a member of this site for years, but I'd just log in every few months and lurk in the shadows...so I've decided I actually want to get to know other people in the community!

A bit about me:

I'm a 24 yr old Londoner, who likes to pretend like they're creative. I draw, and try my hand at new things (tried whittling once, and almost lost a hand)

I binge watch Netflix, watch anything to do with Superheroes, and am currently watching Wynonna Earp.

Naps are my jam, I like to beat my brothers at Rocket League amongst other games. Some people call me a nerd, but I like to act like I'm really cool.

Food is a blessing, and halloumi was sent from the heavens.

Not a fitness buff in any sense, but love walking outdoors and exploring new places. Travelling to cool places (literally cool, love cold weather) is one of my favourite things.

Just really want to get to know some new people from wherever in the world! I love talking so, look forward to chatting to you guys!

Maybe a fun conversation opener - ask me to draw you something (I'll draw it, but don't expect anything amazing!)

I literally got Kik yesterday, and don't really know what I'm doing on it, but feel free to add me - loohseacheese

Otherwise, let's talk on here! :)

Talk soon,

Lucy!

Nice to meet you!

(Superheroes are awesome!)

Do try to play a few games while eating 🥧🍰 😉

So: Marvel or DC?

Nice to meet you too! 

Marvel wins, but just! Probably because they have Tony Stark...

What about you, Marvel or DC? 

Hello! :D What type of art do you like to make and what materials? I'm also an arty person, I do digital art.

1 hour ago, LucyHC said:

Maybe a fun conversation opener - ask me to draw you something (I'll draw it, but don't expect anything amazing!)

Would you draw a fish for me, like the one in my picture? :) 

Greetings from a former colonist. Let me apologize for my current president. Worst we've had since Jackson. You know, that fellow on the 20 dollar bill? Sent the Cherokee on a death march in the middle of the winter. I can only hope Trump's image winds up on toilet paper. 

A bit about me : male, nearly 61 and have never been interested in sex. Suppose that's why I'm here. Post occasionally, more or less like one of those Hawaiian volcanoes.  Not really the explosive type. I tend to ooze every now and then. People tell me they like my lava. I LOVE IT!!! Writers have such fragile egos, at least I do.  What do I eat? Food. Eating is kind of like sex. Not necessarily something I'm infatuated with. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Not necessarily a mantra where I exist. Oh well, helps the snack food industry. Whatever.

Pass the freedom fries, Bubbah ...

Superheroes? Me, perhaps. The only comic I enjoyed was The Metal Men. I think DC published it. Its about a gang of robots, each composed of a certain metallic element. These were the original transformers, each robot shape shifting to suit a particular situation. It was marvelous, nerdy pseudo science at its best but the concept had very little stamina. It was resurrected in the 70's but I haven't seen it since then. I will say it probably was responsible for my career choice. I spent 29 years as a state chemist (the chemical kind not the pharmaceutical sort).  Never built any robots but I did a lot of programming. 

Don't watch NetFlix. Don't even have a TV. I gave all this up decades ago. Now You Tube entertains me. You have the BBC, We have PBS. Their news hour is probably the best journalism in America. Movies? Well, Hollywood is rather silly, especially when it tries very hard not to be. Explains perhaps why I enjoy cartoons so much. At least they never really try to be overly serious. I just can't take anything seriously, especially these days ...

Welcome to AVEN. 

Hi Lucy 😸 nice to meet you.

im Aaron, 26yr old from Australia. 

I like Marvel and DC, but as much as I like Batman and Green Lantern I have to say Marvel tips the scale. So many awesome superheroes lol.

As much as I like drawing I can’t draw eyes to save my life so most my art is never finished lol.

I use to go bush walking all the time, love to outdoors but I live in the middle of nowhere now. All there is to see here is dead grass and dust lol.

1 hour ago, little fish said:

I actually don't know how to attach images, which might have been useful to find out first 😂 uploaded it here - https://imgur.com/x99Sqth

I'm most digital art too! What sort of stuff do you draw?

21 minutes ago, Noko42 said:

Hi Lucy 😸 nice to meet you.

im Aaron, 26yr old from Australia. 

I like Marvel and DC, but as much as I like Batman and Green Lantern I have to say Marvel tips the scale. So many awesome superheroes lol.

As much as I like drawing I can’t draw eyes to save my life so most my art is never finished lol.

I use to go bush walking all the time, love to outdoors but I live in the middle of nowhere now. All there is to see here is dead grass and dust lol.

Hi Aaron!

I agree on Marvel, although I love Flash...in the comics, though. Who's your favourite Marvel hero?

I agree on eyes! I usually can only draw the left eye haha.

1 hour ago, Yeast said:

Greetings from a former colonist. Let me apologize for my current president. Worst we've had since Jackson. You know, that fellow on the 20 dollar bill? Sent the Cherokee on a death march in the middle of the winter. I can only hope Trump's image winds up on toilet paper. 

A bit about me : male, nearly 61 and have never been interested in sex. Suppose that's why I'm here. Post occasionally, more or less like one of those Hawaiian volcanoes.  Not really the explosive type. I tend to ooze every now and then. People tell me they like my lava. I LOVE IT!!! Writers have such fragile egos, at least I do.  What do I eat? Food. Eating is kind of like sex. Not necessarily something I'm infatuated with. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Not necessarily a mantra where I exist. Oh well, helps the snack food industry. Whatever.

Pass the freedom fries, Bubbah ...

Superheroes? Me, perhaps. The only comic I enjoyed was The Metal Men. I think DC published it. Its about a gang of robots, each composed of a certain metallic element. These were the original transformers, each robot shape shifting to suit a particular situation. It was marvelous, nerdy pseudo science at its best but the concept had very little stamina. It was resurrected in the 70's but I haven't seen it since then. I will say it probably was responsible for my career choice. I spent 29 years as a state chemist (the chemical kind not the pharmaceutical sort).  Never built any robots but I did a lot of programming. 

Don't watch NetFlix. Don't even have a TV. I gave all this up decades ago. Now You Tube entertains me. You have the BBC, We have PBS. Their news hour is probably the best journalism in America. Movies? Well, Hollywood is rather silly, especially when it tries very hard not to be. Explains perhaps why I enjoy cartoons so much. At least they never really try to be overly serious. I just can't take anything seriously, especially these days ...

Welcome to AVEN. 

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome!

What sort of cartoons do you enjoy?

8 minutes ago, LucyHC said:

1 hour ago, little fish said:

I actually don't know how to attach images, which might have been useful to find out first 😂 uploaded it here - https://imgur.com/x99Sqth

I'm most digital art too! What sort of stuff do you draw?

Aww thank you! I love it it's super cute!! 💜

Right now I'm drawing just fish 😂 all types of aquarium species. Sometimes I also draw cats, objects, and I did a bit of glass/silver objects (like a set coffee table) a while back. I used to draw animal characters, pixels too. Whatever I'm interested in :) Not a hobbyist, I'm going to Uni soon to study digital art and learn 3D.

What about you? Also what program do you use?

21 minutes ago, LucyHC said:

I agree on Marvel, although I love Flash...in the comics, though. Who's your favourite Marvel hero?

I have to go with Daredevil 

@little fish your right that’s a cute fish 😻

14 minutes ago, little fish said:

Aww thank you! I love it it's super cute!! 💜

Right now I'm drawing just fish 😂 all types of aquarium species. Sometimes I also draw cats, objects, and I did a bit of glass/silver objects (like a set coffee table) a while back. I used to draw animal characters, pixels too. Whatever I'm interested in :) Not a hobbyist, I'm going to Uni soon to study digital art and learn 3D.

What about you? Also what program do you use?

Haha you're welcome!

That's cool! See I'm not much of an animal drawer, so this was a nice change :) Usually do caricatures of friends, or a waterpaint style. I'd love to see some of your art some time! That sounds like an awesome course to be doing, I'm jealous :P

I use Paint SAI :)

14 minutes ago, Noko42 said:

I have to go with Daredevil 

@little fish your right that’s a cute fish 😻

Daredevil is cool! Although if it was inbetween the Defenders Netflix series, I'd have to go with Jessica Jones :)

Thank you!

On 8/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, LucyHC said:

Haha you're welcome!

That's cool! See I'm not much of an animal drawer, so this was a nice change :) Usually do caricatures of friends, or a waterpaint style. I'd love to see some of your art some time! That sounds like an awesome course to be doing, I'm jealous :P

I use Paint SAI :)

Ah awesome! I used Sai for a couple of years, before I started learning PS. (it's not better actually much harder 😂 I just need it for my course) 

some of my art: removed I keep it updated :) (might remove this later because I'm scared of people finding me 😅) Also something I'm working on right now wip

Steph_Catherine

Hi Lucy!! Only just joined myself so nice to meet you :)

I'm Stephanie, I'm 23 and moved to Cardiff in February this year. Love travelling also and exploring new places. I went to America last year solo for the first time and it was the most incredible experience! I also love cold weather :) Halloween and Christmas are my favourites. Love being cosy! I'm not into superheros but I do LOVE Doctor Who. Even have 2 tattoos dedicated to the show and plan to get more in the future. (I have 5 tattoos in total, and getting my 6th in October, oops!)

I'm also a creative person! I did art in school, textiles in college and also worked at Hobbycraft for my very first job years ago. Fun times!

9 minutes ago, little fish said:

Ah awesome! I used Sai for a couple of years, before I started learning PS. (it's not better actually much harder 😂 I just need it for my course) 

some of my art: ninaklos.com I keep it updated :) (might remove this later because I'm scared of people finding me 😅) Also something I'm working on right now wip

Oh wow!!!! You're so talented, these are amazing :D

I use Photoshop sometimes too, but mainly for any photos I take, I find it really hard to draw with!

3 minutes ago, Steph_Catherine said:

Hi Lucy!! Only just joined myself so nice to meet you :)

I'm Stephanie, I'm 23 and moved to Cardiff in February this year. Love travelling also and exploring new places. I went to America last year solo for the first time and it was the most incredible experience! I also love cold weather :) Halloween and Christmas are my favourites. Love being cosy! I'm not into superheros but I do LOVE Doctor Who. Even have 2 tattoos dedicated to the show and plan to get more in the future. (I have 5 tattoos in total, and getting my 6th in October, oops!)

I'm also a creative person! I did art in school, textiles in college and also worked at Hobbycraft for my very first job years ago. Fun times!

Hi Stephanie! Nice to meet you :)

Oooh where abouts in America did you go? I'd love to do a massive American road trip one day.

Halloween and Christmas are the best ;) Just waiting for summer to be over.

I've been on and off Doctor Who, haven't really watched it since Matt Smith, but I think I might give the new Doc a chance. Who's your fave? What are the tats of?

Oh super creative then! What sort of things do you like to make?

1 minute ago, LucyHC said:

Oh wow!!!! You're so talented, these are amazing :D

I use Photoshop sometimes too, but mainly for any photos I take, I find it really hard to draw with!

I found so too! It's really difficult to get the grips of it, took me 2 years and I just barley got over that hurdle. I also switched from line art to painting style with Photoshop, made it extra difficult. Defiantly not worth it if you just draw for fun, most of the advantages come from advanced tools/being the industry standard. And it's painful to draw with, you have to navigate though so many options. 

Steph_Catherine

Hi Stephanie! Nice to meet you :)

Oooh where abouts in America did you go? I'd love to do a massive American road trip one day.

Halloween and Christmas are the best ;) Just waiting for summer to be over.

I've been on and off Doctor Who, haven't really watched it since Matt Smith, but I think I might give the new Doc a chance. Who's your fave? What are the tats of?

Oh super creative then! What sort of things do you like to make?

I went to Washington D.C :D Was fab! Ahh me too! A round America trip would be incredible!

Summer in the UK has gone on far too long haha So ready for cosy evenings snuggled up in my duvet and dressing gown with hot chocolate!

I'm very excited for the new Doctor and this new era  :)Think the show has defintiely needed a big revamp for a while. My favourite Doctor is the 9th because that's when I started watching the show but I do think the new Doctor may become my favourite haha We shall see!

I have the Seal of Rassilon, the outline of 9's sonic with a space/nebula pattern inside and underneath says 'We're all stories in the end', I have the Arsitocats Marie, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch and a cherry blossom tree with a birdcage hanging off of it with the deathly hallows as a part of the birdcage. Getting a Star Wars thigh piece in October! :)

I like little DIY crafts. So anything that can improve my bedroom or flat I love to do. I love sewing (Made my own 50's dress a few years ago for my birthday). Any other crafts you're into?

14 minutes ago, little fish said:

I found so too! It's really difficult to get the grips of it, took me 2 years and I just barley got over that hurdle. I also switched from line art to painting style with Photoshop, made it extra difficult. Defiantly not worth it if you just draw for fun, most of the advantages come from advanced tools/being the industry standard. And it's painful to draw with, you have to navigate though so many options. 

Yeah I found my line art with photoshop was awful and I'm useless with painting haha. 

Nah, drawing is something I just do for fun, wouldn't dream as becoming as good as you!

12 minutes ago, Steph_Catherine said:

I went to Washington D.C :D Was fab! Ahh me too! A round America trip would be incredible!

Summer in the UK has gone on far too long haha So ready for cosy evenings snuggled up in my duvet and dressing gown with hot chocolate!

I'm very excited for the new Doctor and this new era  :)Think the show has defintiely needed a big revamp for a while. My favourite Doctor is the 9th because that's when I started watching the show but I do think the new Doctor may become my favourite haha We shall see!

I have the Seal of Rassilon, the outline of 9's sonic with a space/nebula pattern inside and underneath says 'We're all stories in the end', I have the Arsitocats Marie, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch and a cherry blossom tree with a birdcage hanging off of it with the deathly hallows as a part of the birdcage. Getting a Star Wars thigh piece in October! :)

I like little DIY crafts. So anything that can improve my bedroom or flat I love to do. I love sewing (Made my own 50's dress a few years ago for my birthday). Any other crafts you're into?

Yeah, i've only been to NY, so there's so much more of America to explore. Although I'd like to go to Canada and New Zealand first I think. Where'd you like to travel to?

Oh god, I feel like I've been slowly melting for the past 2 months haha. That sounds like a perfect evening :P

Fingers crossed for a good revamp! Only got about a month to wait :)

Aw sweet, a good variety then! Would you get a whole sleeve done?

Yes, love DIY stuff! I don't get the chance to do very much of it, but I love doing that sort of thing. Can't do textiles to save my life, but I love anything to do with wood - carving, burning, whatever. I whittled a little poop emoji for my friend once haha.

Welcome! Hey from Gatport Airwick, hope you’ve not been too hot in the heatwave :P 

61f7aefa05a3ff535fd990d0a62d2340.jpg

P.s. your fish is super cute :D 

theotherpope
7 hours ago, LucyHC said:

I binge watch Netflix, watch anything to do with Superheroes, and am currently watching Wynonna Earp.

Wynonna Earp! Are you on the current season being aired at the moment or are you watching on Netflix? 🙂 Either way, I love that show 😍

5 hours ago, LucyHC said:

What sort of cartoons do you enjoy?

I actually have about every episode of a cartoon you may be familiar with - Danger Mouse.  It's sort of what Loonie Tunes would have been like had Monty Python produced it. I especially like computer generated cartoons.  Pixar started it all but Dreamworks has created some really entertaining things. For something completely different there's Beavis and Butthead. Crudely drawn and somewhat coarce as far as content went it was still incredibly funny. It is the world seen through the eyes of two teenage delinquents. They are rather ignorant but still young enough to question reality. All the adult characters in the series are really brain dead.  Another favorite is what Jim Henson of the muppets made. In fact I think the artistic director in The Dark Crystal was British.  Fraggle Rock is part of my daily routine. I usually watch an episode every evening while I enjoy a few drinks. Henson made half a dozen versions of the show for an international audience. Perhaps you have seen the British version. The main human character is a light house keeper. Same muppet dog, probably. Of course everybody has seen Star Trek and Star Wars. There was even an animated version of Star Trek made in the late 70's. The animation was minimalist. Usually only the character's eyes and mouth were animated. The writers did an excellent job though. Can't say I ever developed a liking for Dr. Who.  Don't know why really. I get the impression one is either his biggest fan or they are completely indifferent. Besides this I really like nature documentaries. Mr. Attenborough has made some really wonderful films.

NickyTannock

Even though you've been here for years, welcome to AVEN!

10.jpg

10 hours ago, LucyHC said:

Not a fitness buff in any sense, but love walking outdoors and exploring new places. Travelling to cool places (literally cool, love cold weather) is one of my favourite things.

Hi! I'm from east asia, japan, Touhoku. you will have known Tokyo and Kyoto. these place is not cold. Touhoku is so cold! if you come in Touhoku, i will welcome you with so many snowman !☃️  I want to show you a photo of small tower made by snow. but I don't know how I upload a photo from my mobile device.

10 hours ago, LucyHC said:

Please draw some hamburger having bacon.🍔 this bacon is meaning salt-cured pork.🥓

One of my favorite artists is Francis Bacon. who is your favorite artist ?

19 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Hey from Gatport Airwick, hope you’ve not been too hot in the heatwave :P 

Only slightly! I'm loving the rain atm!

Love that cute whale cake :P

19 hours ago, theotherpope said:
On 8/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, LucyHC said:

Wynonna Earp! Are you on the current season being aired at the moment or are you watching on Netflix? 🙂 Either way, I love that show 😍

I'm on the current season! I'm loving it so much. Are you up to date? No one I know watches it, I have no one to talk to about it 😭

17 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

Even though you've been here for years, welcome to AVEN!

Thank you! That is a mighty fine looking cake....

16 hours ago, pH.bacon said:

Hi! I'm from east asia, japan, Touhoku. you will have known Tokyo and Kyoto. these place is not cold. Touhoku is so cold! if you come in Touhoku, i will welcome you with so many snowman !☃️  I want to show you a photo of small tower made by snow. but I don't know how I upload a photo from my mobile device.

If there is snow I will definitely be visiting!! Let me get home, and I shall draw you a burger with bacon :P

Anthracite_Impreza

Right, third time lucky saying hello to you. I keep being interrupted 😒

You have chosen the correct comic series to prefer, Marvel is of course the superior one. Firstly, they have Bucky Barnes. Secondly, they have Sebastian Stan. Thirdly, yada yada character development/relatability/etc etc.

Draw me a snail, I like snails. Preferably a Cepaea nemoralis c: 

@pH.bacon have a burger! https://imgur.com/clmx1fV

47 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Right, third time lucky saying hello to you. I keep being interrupted 😒

You have chosen the correct comic series to prefer, Marvel is of course the superior one. Firstly, they have Bucky Barnes. Secondly, they have Sebastian Stan. Thirdly, yada yada character development/relatability/etc etc.

Draw me a snail, I like snails. Preferably a Cepaea nemoralis 😄

I feel like you might be a Winter Soldier fan :P Just a feeling I'm getting...Most of an Iron Man fan myself ;)

I genuinely struggled to draw a snail....so you get this for now until I have slept properly and am more with it - https://imgur.com/a/E2ZCWlm

Anthracite_Impreza

I feel like you might be a Winter Soldier fan :P Just a feeling I'm getting...Most of an Iron Man fan myself ;)

I genuinely struggled to draw a snail....so you get this for now until I have slept properly and am more with it - https://imgur.com/a/E2ZCWlm

I may ever so slightly be obsessed with Winter Soldier. He was in my dream last night... Oh and boo! 😣 Have you ever seen this? xD

Magnificent (eyes should be on the end of the eyestalks though) ;)

Archived