Standup Magazine Articles - Aromantic and Asexual

AFlyingPiglet

AFlyingPiglet

OK, I'm a little biased in putting this on here as I was one of the contributors to the article!

Just to warn you this article is very long and may be a trigger for some people.  It's primarily about aromantics but I know that some aromantics are asexual too (I am) and it highlights difficulties we can face.

In addition, if you want to do a search on the website of Standup Magazine, there are several other articles about being either asexual or aromantic so it might be worth adding the links of these to the world watch section on Aven?

knittinghistorian

I appreciate this.  As someone who was jettisoned by a best friend because he wanted the infamous and misnamed "more", and as someone who has basically lost my brother as a part of my life because he got married, I especially appreciate the calling-out of prioritizing romantic relationships above all others.  It's not innate, it's not even really typical (historically speaking), and it's toxic.

The article mentioned stalking... yes, I can definitely identify with that.  People (mostly men) think that if they "stalk" you, you will eventually realize how wonderful they are and you will suddenly fall madly in love with their magnificence.  Puke!

Archived