Taking the plunge

weedyt

Hi - I have decided that I need to be more impulsive, so here's me, jumping in with both feet...

I am 36 and I've always known that I felt differently to everyone else around. Growing up and still living in a fairly rural/provincial area, I was never fully aware of the more subtle nature of less mainstream orientation. (Put it this way - when a new shopkeeper came out as a transvestite, the populace was split between horror and a sort of 'oh my, look how cosmopolitan our little town is!' mindset!)

I've never had any sort of physical urges/sexual attraction. When I meet someone who is attractive to me, the desire has always been to develop a platonic relationship. I'm quite an introvert, and it's never really bothered me that I didn't want to boink anything on two legs, the way so many of my peers seemed to - I just put it down to the legacy of being shy and never fitting in. But over the last few years, I suppose its started to dawn on me that actually, this is just a part of who I am. I'd never actually come across asexuality as a recognised orientation, but began using the term in my own head to describe how I felt - and then discovered that it IS a real thing and I'm apparently not alone in feeling this way! Which is quite nice, really 😜

Anyway, long post got REALLY long, so have some cake!

🍰

DualMorality

Welcome, welcome~ I'm thrilled that you've found what fits well for you in terms of your sexuality and that you're becoming comfortable with it! I hope you find this site helpful and comforting and know that here, you're no alone in this, and there are a whole load of people to communicate with  :cake:

This is a long welcome post?? You should see mine...

I'm also nearly 36, so here's a cake with 36 candles on it (probably), welcome!

JJceN15.jpg

NickyTannock

@weedyt Welcome to AVEN!

@œddy I found that cake in a result for 1000 candles, so I'm betting it has 1000 candles.

10.jpg

Anthracite_Impreza
16 hours ago, weedyt said:

but began using the term in my own head to describe how I felt - and then discovered that it IS a real thing

Very much how I started ;)

Welcome to AVEN :) 

Welcome!

4 hours ago, weedyt said:

Now that's a scary looking cake.... Fire extinguisher at the ready!

Challenge accepted

588.jpg

Welcome to AVEN weedyt! I guess we're setting cakes on fire now, so here you go:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.hellogiggles.com%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F04%2F06151103%2Fbirthdaymatches-e1460005877610.jpg&w=1400&q=70

Could this be a new trend? Incendiary baking? Or is that just what happens when I forget to set the timer...

Archived