New Moderator Needed: Hot Box Co-Moderator: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Hot Box Co-Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 9 August to Thursday, 16 August: Nominations.

Thursday, 16 August to Sunday, 19 August: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 19 August to Sunday, 26 August: Voting.

May I ask who the current co-mods are and if any are remaining in place who that is?

How does co-modding work as opposed to forums that have a single dedicated mod?

37 minutes ago, daveb said:

May I ask who the current co-mods are and if any are remaining in place who that is?

@NerotheReaper will be the Hot Box co-mod. : ) As for how it works, basically it's the same as being a single mod, just that you're sharing duties. Hot Box can be very busy, which is why it's good to have co-mods. Usually you would work together and decide on dividing the workload or how to handle things. 

48 minutes ago, daveb said:

Whoever wins this will be co-modding with @NerotheReaper :)

Nero has been wonderful, and is really easy to work with :)

I don't know the difference between co-modding and solo modding since I have never solo modded b4, but basically the system we have right now is whoever gets to the report first.

And for whoever gets elected, you can always talk with Nero to see what system will work best between the two of you :)

( I know Hobo gets a bad rep but it really isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be 😛 ) 

OK. I'll toss my cookies throw my hat into the ring.

Hotbox is probably the last subforum that I would want to mod..so i pass.

33 minutes ago, TheAP said:

@daveb Yay, you finally bit the bullet! :D 

And the toughest, nastiest bullet on AVEN!   Wow, way to ease into being a mod!   :lol:

NerotheReaper

I highly encourage people to run, as a current co-moderator of the Hot Box it can very intimidating at first. But whoever wins, we can work as a team. And I will help the new co-moderator however I can! 

And it really isn't that bad 😛 People probably don't remember, but I became a co-mod with no previous experience, your co-mod makes all the difference. I had @Tanwen when I first started and Tan was super nice and helped me learn the ropes. Nero is a really good mod and also super nice , so I hope no one is intimidated by the fact that this might be their first time modding on AVEN :) 

10 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

excited-adventure-time.gif?w=300&h=160&c

:lol: Yeah. That was my internal reaction, too; I didn't expect @daveb to want to volunteer to co-mod the Hot Box Forum, as I thought they'd previously said that the Hot Box isn't their bag, but okay, if that's what you want, then, sure! Props for wanting to help with that responsibility. :) 

1 hour ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I thought they'd previously said that the Hot Box isn't their bag

That's true, but I've been reading declassed threads, the forum, and watching various elections. I said I wouldn't run for any mod position unless I felt the time and forum was right (and before that I said I wouldn't want to be mod at all). Things change. I believe I am ready to be a mod and to deal with Hot Box. :D 

But now isn't the time to start campaigning. :P 

8 hours ago, daveb said:

That's true, but I've been reading declassed threads, the forum, and watching various elections. I said I wouldn't run for any mod position unless I felt the time and forum was right (and before that I said I wouldn't want to be mod at all). Things change. I believe I am ready to be a mod and to deal with Hot Box. :D 

But now isn't the time to start campaigning. :P 

Oh. Thanks for that response. Yeah; I figured you must've changed your mind, so I wasn't really expecting a response or explanation.

With all the "likes" and positive responses to your posts in this thread, it looks like you don't even need to campaign. ;)

What does one include in a bio? Is there a minimum amount of time a mod needs to put in every day?

NerotheReaper
5 hours ago, AliceAbernathy said:

What does one include in a bio? Is there a minimum amount of time a mod needs to put in every day?

A bio can be simple it is meant to be as an introduction, a little about yourself. You can include why you think you would be a good moderator. Keep it short and sweet. 

There is no real 'minimum' amount that is required, because some days the forums are quiet other days there it can get busy. So, it is hard to say. It is good to be flexible, and be able to dedicate enough time for the days when the forums are a bit busy. Even on quiet days. The nice thing about having a co-moderator, if you are busy one day your co-moderator can handle some of the report(s). (Currently that co-moderator is me.) I would advise to communicate with them, it is important the work load is divided up evenly. Since the Hot Box can get busy, there are two moderators for the forum for a reason. To make it less stressful. 

If you are thinking of running, I encourage you to go for it! :) 

@daveb - YAY!!! Best of luck, you'd be awesome. Co-modding is good as you have someone else to throw ideas at, and Random says Nero is lovely to work with.  It's certainly one of the more interesting fora :) 

6 hours ago, AliceAbernathy said:

I know at one time the admods suggested some 'headings' but that was to help people like me who, when faced with a blank screen go into 'brain freeze'.  Doesn't matter how short it is, speaking personally, I prefer short to pages :)  

1 hour ago, Tanwen said:

I know at one time the admods suggested some 'headings' but that was to help people like me who, when faced with a blank screen go into 'brain freeze'.  Doesn't matter how short it is, speaking personally, I prefer short to pages :)  

Yep, there are some bio suggestions in the election rules link Kelly posted in the OP. :) 

The Terrible Travis

I'm running.

scarletlatitude

Heads up - there is also a World Watch mod position open (in its own thread), for anyone who isn't comfortable with hot box but wants to try to run for a mod position. :) 

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/174989-new-moderator-needed-world-watch-nominations/

I’ll run :) 

Actually never mind. I’ve decided to run for World Watch instead. I withdraw my nomination. 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, Kelly said:

A bio is required by voting time.

Do we send our bios to you, by PM (I assume)?

8 minutes ago, daveb said:

Do we send our bios to you, by PM (I assume)?

Yes, you do! Send to @Kelly. : )

As someone who helped co-modded Hotbox for a period when one of them had a small break, then I will say it was actually my favourite section to mod. But I advise that anyone who does run has some sort of interest in the goings on in the section, and isn’t afraid of vulgar issues and explosive arguments :) 

And if you do get overwhelmed the team good at helping you keep on top of it. 

Archived