Feeling I can’t explain

verymelancholic

verymelancholic

I really feel as if I’m the only one who feels this. Even worse, I feel it a lot, it happens around every 1-2 weeks and it comes on really hard and fast, and lasts really long, as long as a week.

The feeling? The feeling is me not wanting anything related to any kind of love, either platonic, romantic, sexual, family. ANY KIND. It’s also the feeling of me not wanting to love or be loved at all. Love just disgusts me. I don’t know why. No one understands. Am I mentally ill? Why does this happen?

Hmmm, I've never really felt like this, given that I very strongly appreciate the people I love, but I can imagine it in context to the sexual/romantic part.

However, I've had moments where I feel that the people who care about me care too much and I want them to stop worrying about me. I have a lot of reckless impulses and I don't want anyone else to suffer the consequences of my idiot curiosity.

hmmm, what you're feeling may be a byproduct of mental illnesses such as major depression, I don't know, I'm not an expert.

Search up philophobia and see if it might apply to you.

Like StormySky said, it could be a byproduct of depression or other mental illnesses, but I don't think it is necessarily.

Anthracite_Impreza

Sounds like a depressive mood swing to me; when I'm in the pit I just wanna hide away and not see or speak to anyone.

verymelancholic
On 8/6/2018 at 11:02 PM, Hazel_Elise said:

Search up philophobia and see if it might apply to you.

Like StormySky said, it could be a byproduct of depression or other mental illnesses, but I don't think it is necessarily.

I don’t think it’s just (probable) philophobia, but also the fear of receiving love.

I'm not going to try to diagnose you (and God knows I'm not an expert on these things), but you might want to see a therapist.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, depressolation said:

I don’t think it’s just (probable) philophobia, but also the fear of receiving love.

That’s interesting, I hope you figure it out.

On 8/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, Ardoise said:

I'm not going to try to diagnose you (and God knows I'm not an expert on these things), but you might want to see a therapist.

I agree. They can help figure out why you feel this way or what the trigger is. And it's probably a relief to talk to someone about it. 

Archived