Research Participation Request: Asexuality/Kinship Study [closed]

Jarle

Hi all, 

The following study has been approved by the Research Approval Board:

Hi all,

I am looking for some participants to interview for my MA dissertation – I am currently studying Culture, Diaspora and Ethnicity at Birkbeck College, University of London.

My focus is an investigation into whether individuals who identity as asexual can help to problematise the dominant Western discourse of hetero-normative nuclear families and the priority (both social and legal) within society given to sexual/romantic relationships over platonic relationships.

I would love to hear from anyone based in the UK, in their late twenties or older and who identifies as asexual to conduct a face-to-face interview of approximately one hour at a mutually convenient (public) location. Interviews via Skype would also be a possibility. I would be particularly interested in hearing from individuals who additionally identify as aromantic.

If you would be interested in participating please contact me at clairelr209@gmail.com with your approximate age, sexual and romantic orientation/identity and location in the UK.

Edit: The study has received enough participants, so this call is closed! Many thanks to everyone that participated!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to help. I'm in the US as well, though, unfortunately. 

^_^ Perhaps, adding "U.K." to the thread's title might help others who aren't in the U.K. know automatically that the survey isn't for them, without having to read the whole thing, only to discover, with disappointment, that in the end, they're ineligible.

Archived