how many countries have you visited?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

ah. Belgium is currently my place because I work there, so I take the opportunity and visit as much as I can :D it's a really lovely country, who could expect.

everywhere and nowhere
3 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

btw I'd love to visit Ukraine, too - because I hold a strong interest in the Chernobyl/Pripyat area. and quite parallel to @Nowhere Girl, my dream of life is to climb the highest Duga radar. ❤️

Pripyat is already quite safe, only in the immediate vicinity of the reactor the level of radioactivity gets risky. However, I would love to visit, first of all, the jumping hills - Vorokhta, Verkhovyna, Nadvirna, Kremenec, Tysovec... I greatly regret that the Kyiv hill is already gone because it was probably the only hill with this kind of construction in the world.

At least here, just a few kilometers from my home, I was one of the last people to climb the Warsaw jumping hill...

Sorry for the links in German, I thought - I usually use this version, but for posting links I should have switched to the English one because English is the main forum language...

Btw, I thought - look at this little installation to the left of the bigger hill in this photo - it's called Imitationsanlage in German, or "facility for imitation jumps", and I have seen something just like that in Villach... That's why I know how it is called.

I loved the Villach hills. I climbed them all alone in rather heavy snowfall, I found a pendant from the zipper of a ski jumping suit on the K-60, I jumped from the Imitationsanlage (however, you shoud use a little cart for that, and I - as an amateur, a physically unfit person and a person who was all alone - just ran along the "inrun"), and my mom just spent about 40 minutes waiting for me in the car...

And yet another "btw": since you're so interested in technology, have you heard of the Warsaw radio mast (actually, not so close to Warsaw, but used by the Warsaw radio broadcast). It was the highest structure ever built until Burj Khalifa.

All mine are Europe. Starting from England...Wales, Northern Ireland, Eire, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Spain. Scotland briefly. France in transit. Does the Isle of Man count separately? If so, the IoM. Would like to see the stars from south of the equator (that is, upside down) but probably won't now. And I totally agree with @[noize:injekktion]that Belgium is stunning.

I'm from Norway, and I've travelled to Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Scotland, Spain, and Greece.

J. van Deijck
29 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

And I totally agree with @[noize:injekktion]that Belgium is stunning.

YAAAAAAY.  *high fives you* I'm so happy that someone agrees with me about Belgium ❤️

I love Flanders especially, I must say, but maybe it's a sentiment because it's where I live and work :D

6 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

was i supposed to get a jet lag after moving from Poland to Belgium? XD

Ha, ha, funny! There is no time difference between Poland and Belgium.  🤣 I guess you could have ‘jet lag’ of sorts, due to cultural differences. Have you noticed any cultural differences?

Grumpy Alien

Lived in:

1. The US
  2. England

Visited:

1. Canada
  2. The Bahamas
  3. Iceland
  4. Wales
  5. Scotland
  6. France
  7. The Netherlands
  8. Belgium
  9. Germany
  10. Luxembourg

So... 12 in total

J. van Deijck
5 hours ago, Thea2 said:

Have you noticed any cultural differences?

yeah. Belgian people are much nicer and much more polite & they eat much more waffles. 😃

sure it's the same time zone, but it was quite odd for me that they still had bright sky at 10pm while in Poland it's the time of twilight in summer :D it feels like the day is 'moved' one hour back, if you know what I mean. 

🇨🇦 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 🇨🇭 🇮🇹 🇦🇩 🇦🇹 🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇫🇷 🇯🇪 🇬🇬 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇲🇨 🇳🇱 🇩🇰

scarletlatitude

I live in the US

Have visited Canada, England, France, Spain, Italy, Ireland

Gonna visit Germany, Switzerland, and Austria next summer :D 

Janus the Fox

As Welsh, visited England, bypassed France and visited Spain, liked to visit Scotland, Ireland, Germany or most of Europe at some point if ever cost and health wasn't a factor.  Educational historical holidaying mostly.

LadyWallflower

8. In terms of alphabetical order: Belgium, Canada, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, UK, USA

I must say unfortunately, but none. I am too broke for that :( But I wish to visit Europe and Japan one day. 

EggplantWitch

If you consider them different countries I have England, Scotland and Wales from the UK, and then I've been to France, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and Germany in Europe. I've also been to Canada skiing quite a few times; I'd love to go there for a regular visit some time.

England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Iceland. 

Mostly on childhood holidays 

AwkwardAxolotl

I live in the US, and I've been to Canada, Mexico, China and Spain.

US, Japan, France, Switzerland, China. That might be it. I'm honestly not a big fan of travelling. It's something I do for work, but not really for fun.

SpaceDustbin

🇳🇱🇱🇺🇧🇪🇬🇧🇮🇪🇮🇸🇩🇰🇳🇴🇸🇪🇫🇮🇱🇹🇩🇪🇨🇭🇦🇹🇵🇱🇨🇿🇷🇸🇭🇺🇫🇷🇮🇹🇪🇸🇬🇷🇲🇹🇨🇾

🇲🇦

🇨🇦🇺🇸

Never been outside my country. To me I always thought it was somewhat... ignorant I suppose. Like I'd rather explore some other place than explore my own backyard first. So I opt to explore my own country first before heading out somewhere into the world. Not that I currently have the money for travel. But someday, maybe.

So far I've been to British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and the very edge of the Quebec border and outskirts. I suppose all of the provinces in Canada are sometimes larger than small contries themselves, and in a way each province is their own country (except Manitoba. Saskatchewan and Manitoba could merge together and nobody would notice)

I always wanted to reach the other coastal end of Canada and to wander up north and explore the territories and Nunavut. Not by train or vehicle though. No fun that way. If I still have my legs and knees in a few years I might consider going on foot again.

I've never been out of the country, even though I live less than three hours away from Canada. It's due mostly to my age and lack of driver's license (until now), but even when I was a kid, my family and I never went too far when we went on vacation. We went to Sandusky once, and apparently, when I was really young I was in Chicago. That's about it for my traveling experience. 😂

I plan on going to Japan at least once before I die, and I'd also like to go to the UK, France, Russia, and Ireland. When that will be, I have no idea.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Scotland , England . Ireland , Wales, France, Andorra, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Greece, Italy, Albania, India, Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, USA, Gibraltar.

3? Well 2 if Canada doesnt count (I live right on the border of the US and Canada). In my senior year of high school I traveled to Greece and Italy.

One: America- 

I have lived here all my life, but I have never left. I want to.

wayward_zombie

france, scotland, england (lived there too), the netherlands, austria, hungary, malta and Italy (does the vatican also count?)

wish i can visit more soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

U.S.A

Canada

England

Venezuela 

Colombia

Aruba

Curaçao

Grenada

slothdetective

Sweden (Stockholm) 

Estonia (Tallinn) 

Denmark (Copenhagen) 

Switzerland (Geneva) 

Hungary (Budapest) 

England (London) 

France (Paris) 

Portugal (the Azores) 

Tunisia (Tunis) 

Egypt (Luxor) 

My favorites so far have been London and Copenhagen. Egypt and Tunis I liked the least, probably because of the huge culture difference (+seeing mummies up close at age 12 wasn't a very good experience lol) 

Well, let me see, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachussetts, New York, Arizona-

Oh...countries...that would be none since I don't consider being in Canada for 30 minutes (the time it took to find a bathroom while on a roadtrip and get back to Maine) exactly visiting, also this was before Passports were required. I was a little kid😂

On a more serious note, I'm gonna go find the thread that asks what countries I wanna visit!😄

I have a family member that works for an airline so I travel quite frequently! I live in the United States and I have visited Canada, Mexico, many destinations in the Caribbean, Poland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, England, Sweden, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Turkey, Israel (and State of Palestine), and Aruba. I think that's all of them haha

In Alphabetical order:

Austria

Bulgaria

England

France

Germany (Lived here most of my live)

India

Italy

Spain

US (Living here for the last couple years)

To be fair though, for someone from Europe that's probably not that much. Europe should really just count as one country, considering that places like the US have about the same land mass as all of Europe combined xD

Trips planned for later this year:

Canada

Vietnam

Archived