Thank you Aven

Tic tac

First of all I've got to say that I am sorry if my message belongs in the wrong topic, I still haven't totally figured out how Aven's forum works. 

I've created an account on this website in May 2018 but this is my first message here. I discovered Aven in august 2017 and it helped me a lot, to the point it has become my "safe spot" when I need to rest.

At the time I discovered Aven I was 16 and had been struggling with interrogations about my sexual and romantic identities for years - thinking I was a late boomer, or broken, or very picky, or scared of sex, lesbian maybe or even sick, as if my lack of attraction and my lack of differentiating between men and women were a disease I had to heal by using force and self discipline. I searched through the web because I was hesitating to "force myself" to have sex with a random dude just to prove myself I was normal and to stop thinking about it.... but realised it was probably not a solution because of how scared and repulsed I felt.

I discovered Aven a few days afterwards, and spent hours reading all topics dealing with my interrogations, but also dealing with other people's questions and testimonies and simple, funny talks and conversations between members...

It may seem weird but for me Aven really feels like a family... comforting and accepting.  Usually I go here when I need confort so I wanted to thank this community, and all the people for the confort and the help they give me - even though as I never subscribed before, or never texted, I've been nowhere on this website since now.

This year I thought I was probably demisexual, then realised I had in fact felt attraction twice in my life, one for a boy I never had feelings for and one for a girl I've been in love with for 4 years. I looked up for many identity's names and finally decided that I didn't need to find one right know, because all of these identities are valid and "normal". The main lesson Aven taught me is that I shouldn't, if i don't want to, force myself to find a box to put myself in. Because this community accepts people and doesn't care if people are unsure and gives them cake and that's so crazy - and I'm so happy to have found it.

(As graysexual is an umbrella term for all of those who definitely aren't sexual but can't say they are asexual either, that's the one I feel surprisingly comfortable in - and that's so cool too. Lets see afterwards if it changes!)

So thank you Aven 😊 

I hope I didn't make any big english mistakes, English isn't my first language and I needed to write this now so I didn't really took the time to check every sentence !

I hope you guys have a lovely day, an even more lovely week and feel the happiest and the healthiest you could possibly feel !

Celyn: The Lutening

Hey it's OK an admit will be along shortly to move it!

I'm glad you're finding AVEN helpful and welcoming, that's been my experience of it too :)

@Tic tac, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@Tic tac On behalf of the AVEN community, I thank you and I am honored by your message. It means a lot.

By the way, if I may ask, what is your first language?

6 hours ago, The Angel of Eternity said:

@Tic tac On behalf of the AVEN community, I thank you and I am honored by your message. It means a lot.

By the way, if I may ask, what is your first language?

It's French! 

I’m glad to hear that we’ve managed to help you feel more comfortable with your identity, and that you’ve come to accept yourself for who you are :) 

p.s. don’t worry about the forums thing, the mods can move it if necessary. 

chocolate-truffle-cake-dark-chocolate-ca

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
8 hours ago, Tic tac said:

It's French! 

Ç'est bon ça! Bienvenue à heAVEN! Alors, aie du gâteau🍰!

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN! I'm glad the site helped you.

According to your profile, you joined on the 12th of May, that was my Birthday.

10.jpg

Archived