SkyWorld

Do you believe in the Zodiacs?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in the Zodiacs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

This poll is closed to new votes

Personally, I don’t. As an asexual scorpio, apparently that sign is the most sexual out of all of them and it couldn’t be further from the truth. And there’s a lot of negative things and even some “positive” things that honestly just doesn’t even sound like me.

Most things said about zodiac signs are super vague and could apply to anyone. If it was more specific, maybe I’d actually be impressed.

Complete and utter bollocks, but whatever floats your boat...

I wouldn't say I believe in them though sometimes I just read them for fun. I don't take them too seriously because often they're wrong but every once in a while they're actually accurate. For me horoscopes are mostly just something to look up when I'm bored

1 minute ago, Salmiakki said:

I wouldn't say I believe in them though sometimes I just read them for fun. I don't take them too seriously because often they're wrong but every once in a while they're actually accurate. For me horoscopes are mostly just something to look up when I'm bored

You'll find that it's about as often as when they would be randomly generated. ;)

1 minute ago, Fricai said:

You'll find that it's about as often as when they would be randomly generated. ;)

Yeah well I said I don't believe in them

andreas1033

I believe the public version of astrology is rubbish.

But i think, there is a more complicated version, that the ptb follow.

Like large companies, will only release there products in times, when they believe its best for them etc.. Or ptb families will organise it for there babies, to be born at certain times, to boost there chances of being a certain type of individual.

So i believe there is truth to astrology. Just not the rubbish version the public are told.

Very subtle energies affect humans, and this is why i believe it works. But most people do not understand this aspect that humans are affected by very small amounts of energy.

But basically i ignore it, as those that really know about it, are not going to tell the public. The ptb use it, and massive companies i would assume use it alot.

But for the general public, i think they are given a rubbish version of it.

If your fortunate, you may develop your own understanding of it, and go into it alot yourself, if you have some skills or some knowledge from your own mind to do with it.

So to answer, i believe the version given to the public is rubbish. But i believe there is something to astrology stuff, that we as the public never get exposed too, as the higher ups keep the best stuff to themselves.

I believe there really are people that understand it well, but they are not telling the public about it.

I personally don't believe, but like to look through the zodiac stuff. It's always interesting to see, what other people think I'm like. But I also love making fun of stereotypes, so... 

If people do believe in them, well, it's their decision, but I personally like reading them for fun, not because I think what theire saying is true.

@SkyWorld same. According to zodiac signs I'm a Gemini and a passionate lover and that's just... no.

I've never believed in astrology, because I'm too much of a logical-Vulcan type.

And in any case, I have hilariously conflicting Chinese and Western signs. (Leo Rabbit.)

Grumpy Alien

No, it’s not science. (I’m a Sagittarius, which are supposedly extroverted, energetic, overly optimistic... not me!) It’s nonsense. I don’t see any harm in it though. If you want to read your horoscope or whatever, go for it. It’s all just interpreting things as they apply to you. 

That said, I do think a lot of things that are nonsense are fun, like tarot. So if you like astrology, fine. But it’s still not a science.

Personally? Kind of, sort of. It's only because both of my signs (Aquarius, Rabbit) suit me really well. Aquarius people are supposed to be broad-minded, creative, but blunt to a fault (which I am), and hold firm beliefs in justice and truth. Rabbits have a tendency to be easygoing, but also people-pleasers who like to avoid conflict (definitely me). I don't read my horoscope, but I like to think that the stars have influenced my behavior somewhat. 

It's fun to play around with and make up ideas about, but it shouldn't be taken dead seriously. 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Complete and utter bollocks, but whatever floats your boat...

This :)

I think they are just a bit of fun.

Though I was very disappointed with one them.us horoscope, it recommended that I should  read a particular book. It isn't even out here until October grump (although it is a us website and out there already)

I did preorder it though after looking into the the book so maybe I do believe in them?

Astrology is fascinating as a theoretical construct (I have a faible for complex and symmetrical arrangements of "boxes").

Still, the bullshit content is probably in excess of 99%. ;)

Anthracite_Impreza

Of course not, constellations aren't even a real thing. If you moved to an exoplanet they'd look completely different.

I don't mind if other people believe in things like astrology and tarot. I just don't believe in them myself.

I actually know a few people IRL who genuinely believe in them. I mean, whatever makes them happy, it's not like it's hurting anyone (err, for the most part that is..)

11 hours ago, Gareki said:

Personally? Kind of, sort of. It's only because both of my signs (Aquarius, Rabbit) suit me really well. Aquarius people are supposed to be broad-minded, creative, but blunt to a fault (which I am), and hold firm beliefs in justice and truth. Rabbits have a tendency to be easygoing, but also people-pleasers who like to avoid conflict (definitely me). I don't read my horoscope, but I like to think that the stars have influenced my behavior somewhat.  

If you create artificial categories, distribute them randomly among people, and assign character traits to them randomly, it is to be expected that for some people, their assigned category will suit them well.

If any form of Astrology had (significantly) more success predicting peoples' character traits than a random experiment as I described above, people (including scientists) would take it seriously.

50 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

it's not like it's hurting anyone (err, for the most part that is..)

That seems like a good line to draw in the sand. People can believe whatever they want, as long as it's not causing real harm.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'm not bloody serious but I do believe that there are some basic characteristics that would often shine through, connected to special zodiacs. 

17 hours ago, Fricai said:

If you create artificial categories, distribute them randomly among people, and assign character traits to them randomly, it is to be expected that for some people, their assigned category will suit them well.

If any form of Astrology had (significantly) more success predicting peoples' character traits than a random experiment as I described above, people (including scientists) would take it seriously.

I understand that it's not based on any research, nor considered a scientific study. I'm a logical enough person to realize that. Still, Like SkyWorld said, there isn't any harm in them. Plus, it's fun when things work out.

Nope. However, I do see people who try to modify their day to match what these charlatans write in the gutter press 

J. van Deijck

nah, I don't. 

Also scorpio, and I find it immensely amusing. If the zodiacs are real, this is some kind of joke that I ended up scorpio.

I don't really believe in it, but I have heard that's a trait of Virgos (which is what I am). But I do find it fun.

Hell no.

No. But it’s funny to point out to chaos theorists that it technically means they believe in astrology :P 

I think that the Zodiac is fun and actually does make some good points (I am in many ways a typical Leo) but no I don't. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived