can i be gray-aego?

so im probably abrosexual right now, my orientation keeps changing, like really rapidly, and right now i feel like aegosexual might fit me, but with the occasional exception? like gray aegosexual? is that a legit thing?

Just Somebody

Well, I don't know if you can be both simultaneously,  but you could be fluid BTW the 2.

boxed toast

Maybe labels just can't define you right now. Sexual orientations are kind of limiting things in the first place.

Are you saying that sometimes you desire sex under specific circumstances? Because if so then I can't really give you any advice other than maybe labels are alienating you and making to feel more confused than you need to be? :o Actually regardless of what you mean when you say your sexuality is constantly changing, I think you might be too hung up on labels right now!!

Moved from Welcome Lounge to The Grey Area

Homer

Moderator Welcome Lounge

binary suns
On 8/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, ethereal darkness said:

so im probably abrosexual right now, my orientation keeps changing, like really rapidly, and right now i feel like aegosexual might fit me, but with the occasional exception? like gray aegosexual? is that a legit thing?

Experience due to our orientation can waver, but orientation itself rarely changes. Are you pan, perhaps? 

Aegosexuality is ... not exactly an orientation, be careful. There are people who claim its status as an orientation, because it explains who they are, and how they feel their attraction. For those people, who only feel aegosexuality, it is an orientation, but for many people it's just another way they feel attraction or arousal or desire or etc. 

I'm gonna pretend abrosexuality is a thing just to be sure I'm leading you right. If it were a thing, then you would have some people who like boys one day and girls the next day, but all the hot boys are now unatractive. 

Ugh, even that doesn't make any sense, like I'm sure there's people who experience it that way, but it's not a unique seperate orientation.  It's pansexuality with an unusual condition. 

IMO both aegosexuality and abrosexualities are better seen as a condition of the behavior of attraction and arousal, rather than as an orientation on their own. If I were either, I would likely identify as pansexual and/or greysexual. 

Archived