Least Respectable Animals

divided_sky

divided_sky

Hopefully this one isn't too controversial. I don't think any non homo sapien creatures post here, so no one should be offended by what is said here

binary suns

The turtle, of course. Unlike the rose, which is not an animal but still way cooler than the boring turtle ;) 

binary suns

JK turtles are super awesome and I might get one as a pet. Dunno yet not yet stable enough to have pets. And either way I'm gonna get a doge

divided_sky
4 minutes ago, rinnie said:

The turtle, of course. Unlike the rose, which is not an animal but still way cooler than the boring turtle ;) 

I am so fucking triggered right now!!

divided_sky

I think most blood sucking parasites are pretty low on the list. Mosquitoes, ticks, leeches. We actually call people who contribute nothing but rely on others to take care of them leeches. That's pretty low

Anything that feeds on feces

Anthracite_Impreza

Ticks. I despise ticks. I've only ever seen one and I almost threw up.

divided_sky
3 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Ticks. I despise ticks. I've only ever seen one and I almost threw up.

I have a picture to show you. I pulled one off my dog, and a little bit of skin came with it. A tick with a chunk of skin still in its grip. Ugghh

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, divided_sky said:

I have a picture to show you. I pulled one off my dog, and a little bit of skin came with it. A tick with a chunk of skin still in its grip. Ugghh

669.jpg

Ticks, mosquitos, and other disease ridden suckers. (Literally, suckers)

Also, geese. Geese have anger issues. They just strut around in all the ponds and parks, sh!t all over the place, and are vicious to anyone who questions their dominance.

Mosquitoes definitely - I'm a mosquito magnet, they'll fly for miles to feast  :( 

Geese are different though, I'll put in a good word for them The Romans used them as an early warning system instead of dogs and this makes me  :lol:  

1 hour ago, divided_sky said:

Anything that feeds on feces

No, these guys clean up after us! Without them, the earth would be much dirtier.

But I can definitely agree that any type of bloodsucker totally sucks. They, on the other hand, serve very little purpose other than the most gruesome kind of population control.

Anthracite_Impreza

@Tanwen Why are there so many ducks???

Tapeworms. They're disgusting

Insects can be rather loathsome. Parasitic wasps lay their eggs inside other insects and the grubs consume their hosts from the inside out. Flies are probably the worst. Screw worms are absolutely gross. The maggots prefer living tissue and have rings of spines around them so they can't be removed. They were eradicated in some areas by raising tens of thousands of sterilized males. The females mate only once and sterile males don't produce young. The worst of all is the bot fly. Adults resemble bumble bees for protection but the female can't approach her host because of this. She grabs a mosquito and lays her eggs on it. When the mosquito bites, the maggots hatch and burrow into the skin. The larva then grows to its full size which I believe is nearly an inch. These tropical insects attack people as well as animals. Bacon can be used to kill the larva. It needs to breathe and does so by cutting a hole in the skin. The bacon prevents the maggot from breathing and it soon dies. 

divided_sky

Bot flies, good call

Guinea worm is fucking horrifying 

Wasps are also huge jerks. They sometimes eat other insects while they are still alive. 

A bunch of times, I've been stung by wasps when I was just walking by, unaware. Some wasps have stung me multiple times. At my grandpa's place, there were these wasps that used to persistently build their nests under the playground slides even though they got spooked and stung kids who went down the slide.

EngineeRaven

I love all animals. Except the ones that try to kill me / eat me even if I did nothing wrong to them. So those.

Those invasive carp species can be pretty annoying. 

Iguanas.   Look at them.  They're hideous prehistoric holdovers who eat dead things. 

Blob fish are pretty gross. No offence but they’e really not nice to look at, and they’re covered in their own mucus as well.

RoseGoesToYale

Cockroaches. They have hair on their legs, and they're bugs. Only mammals should have hair on their legs. And they move at 90 miles an hour... what even???

Fantastic Name

I love animals, but a lot of them can be jerks sometimes. Dolphins are cannibalistic, for example. Chimpanzees have been known to start wars amongst each other. (There are probably many more but I can't think of them right now.)

Again, I say Walmart executives, corporate marketers, and those who produce political attack advertisements.

Duke Memphis
6 hours ago, rinnie said:

Turtle? Rose? The Dark Tower! All things serve the Beam!

Raccoons. They're little bandits that do nothing but cause huge trouble. Also mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, flies, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and hamsters. I actually like hamsters, but where the heck do they come from? How does every pet shop in existence have them, but nowhere else on the entire planet?

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, Duke Memphis said:

How does every pet shop in existence have them, but nowhere else on the entire planet?

They come from Syria which is probably why... there's none left...

divided_sky
12 minutes ago, Duke Memphis said:

Turtle? Rose? The Dark Tower! All things serve the Beam!

Raccoons. They're little bandits that do nothing but cause huge trouble. Also mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, flies, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and hamsters. I actually like hamsters, but where the heck do they come from? How does every pet shop in existence have them, but nowhere else on the entire planet?

Get the fuck outta here, raccoons are the cutest creatures ever

Fleas though, ugghgh. How about chiggers? Horrid

Duke Memphis
52 minutes ago, divided_sky said:

How about chiggers? Horrid

Agreed. Those microscopic little buggers can't be seen when they bite the inside of your skin in large numbers as you roll around the grass innocently during the summer picnics that last until nighttime...

Grumpy Alien

Wasps/hornets. They're just assholes trying to look like bees, which are a blessing. Wasps/hornets are not a blessing, they are a Satan incarnate. 

What the hell are chiggers? That sounds like a bad word.

Duke Memphis

Chiggers live in the grass. The burrow into your skin and feed on you. They cause small, incredibly itchy bumps, and they're hard to wash out of your skin due to the depth they reach when they bite.

Archived