Sleeping Postures

Fantastic Name

Sleeping Postures  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you sleep in most often?

• On your side
    • On your back
    • On your stomach
    • In the fetal position
    • Sitting in a chair
    • Standing up
    • Other
    • I don't sleep.

This poll is closed to new votes

SpookyNameHere

I can't fall asleep unless I'm on my back for whatever reasom, but when I wake up I'm usually on my side. 

Im comfortable on my side especially my left. But i just got my helix so its been a bit of a b**** 😅

• 1 month later...

I can only fall asleep sleeping on my back, unless I'm really tired.

I change my position all the time, I sleep on my left side, my right side, my back, my stomach, I switch in between all of those. And I can only sleep in a bed. 

Purple Pumpkin

I usually sleep in a position that's somewhere between on my side and on my stomach, which always ends up making my arm fall asleep and hurt in the morning, but its the only way I can sleep

I sleep in a weird blend of side and stomach.  My shoulders are to the side, and my initial and final position is curled up on my side, but my stomach is against the bed.

I toss and turn a lot. I always try to start on my back with my arms straight at my sides. I usually end up on my side (either one) with one hand gripping the underside of the pillow, lying on my other arm, and sometimes my legs are bent but not always. I've woken up in much weirder positions in the past. They're just not as common as this one. Apparently, I move around so much that my cat ends up getting angry and jumps off or bites my feet several times throughout the night.

I like to sleep on my stomach, or sometimes my right side. I fall asleep half sitting up in my bed a lot too, I have this big pillow propped up that I like to lean my back against and I usually sit like that after work.

Celyn: The Lutening
On 10/8/2018 at 3:20 AM, Purple Pumpkin said:

I usually sleep in a position that's somewhere between on my side and on my stomach, which always ends up making my arm fall asleep and hurt in the morning, but its the only way I can sleep

I do that too , and will often have dreams where my arm's being burnt or eaten by insects or whatever.

PixleyDust✨

On my side, cuddling my comfy long pillow.

Gives me cushioning between my knees that keeps them from knocking together, gives me something to wrap my arms around (because I almost never knew what to do with them when trying to sleep) and is super comforting, tbh.

I sleep flat on my back. Sleeping sideways can hurt my neck if I’m not aligned exactly right. Also, if I don’t sleep on my back, I can end up drooling a little bit 🤤. And, unfortunately, I can kinda flop about like a fish when I’m sleeping 🐟.  Just another reason why I’d make for a terrible romantic partner 😅.

Addendum: Depending on how I’m feeling, I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere and in any position. I’ve fallen asleep on the ground, in the car, halfway on a chair, at a desk, slumped partially on my bed, etc.

Ms. Carolynne

I usually sleep on my side, with my legs bent and an arm under my pillow.

On my side usually, but it has to be my right side. Sometimes I sleep on my back instead. 

I do also fall asleep while sat upright a lot too though, such as on car journeys. 

Mainly on my side, but sometimes on my back. I used to sleep on my stomach, but I somehow managed to get out of the habit of doing so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

@Fantastic Name

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived